World AIDS Day 2008

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
An estimated 22 million adults and children were living with HIV in sub-Saharan Africa at the end of 2007.

During that year, an estimated 1.5 million Africans died from AIDS. The epidemic has left behind some 11.6 million orphaned African children.

Take a momement to read the stats & facts here:
http://www.avert.org/subaadults.htm

I've known some family & friends that have died due to the epidemic. We know its real. Lets take a moment to ponder our behaviour as young men & women. This year's theme is "Lead-Empower-Deliver".

"Real Talk"

polaris

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +4/-3
  • IT IS I
    • View Profile
yessus, these stats are shocking!!! i've known more than enough people who've died from the virus too. Almost an entire half of my immediate kin is orphaned or about to be, due to HIV/Aids. & i hate to think about the children going through the same desperate agony as their parents do when they get full-blown Aids. I wish innocent children didn't have to grow up this way :( :(
i went for the test today in honour of those i've known and haven't known who continue to pa** from HIV/AIDS. i also went because i hadn't gone back to test within the frame of my testing window period. & everytime i go i always get the same torturous feeling and the 20-minute wait always feels like crazy eons but i figure it's worth it to know. just knowing is in itself a means to significant change. In a way i guess if u're positive and you know it, u can make the necessary steps towards curbing the spread of the virus to others and if you're lucky enough to be negative, u do your best to keep doing right to keep yourself protected. if each person plays his/her part, a difference however small; can be made.

MUTWA ON HIV/AIDS:

There was someone whose name, if I remember correctly, was Santana or Santanaya (George Santayana) - a person of great wisdom indeed. This Santana or Santanaya spoke the following words: “If people fail to learn from history they will always repeat history’s mistakes." Upon this planet all living entities - be they birds or animals or even human beings - are given an important ability by the Creator, which is to learn from experience and on learning, to survive the angry night and the roaring storms of existence upon this world. But many of us, supposedly civilized human beings, appear to be losing this very important God-given talent. We no longer appear to have the capacity to learn. We take it for granted that we are intelligent beings. We take it for granted that we know many things - but the fact is that we know nothing or next to nothing and that we seldom learn, we human beings, from experience. When things happen we tend to forget them and because of our having forgotten them we tend to make mistakes - mistakes that cost us our lives mistakes that cost us our happiness, mistakes that even threaten the existence of the very earth, which has nurtured and cherished us for so many millions of years.

Today a hideous pandemic known as Aids is sweeping through South Africa today we are told that four million people, our brothers and sisters, our neighbours, our fellow tribesmen and tribeswomen are already contaminated by Aids and are living with it.

I despair for he future of my country. But at the same time, man is a winged creature, a creature given spiritual wings by the gods and these wings have one name and that name is Hope. No matter how dark the night or how angry the storm a human being must keep his wings of Hope unfurled and strong otherwise he shall fall out of the skies as id Icarus and perish upon the rocks far below. It is true that there is darkness over South Africa, it is true that there is despair in the land at this moment but what we are facing is a disease like any other - a disease made worse by the high rate of unemployment in our country. A disease made worse by the fact that our people are starving. You can never fight a deadly disease like Aids if you are torn apart by hunger - if you are torn apart by unemployment, but there is hope, a very faint hope for the people of South Africa. We must believe in that Hope otherwise we are a nation of dead things. There is a Hope that Aids can be defeated - there is a hope that the economic situation of our country can get better. One of the most amazing things that I have found in my long and bitter life is this - that it appears as if God prepared this world for the coming of animals and human beings and for the meeting of any emergency that may arise - that there isn’t a disease on this planet that has a cure and man has but to look around carefully and find it. There is a plant growing in the veld in South Africa, especially in the Cape. This is a plant with rather a strong smell - a beautiful plant that looks like a delicate fern - a plant with bright red, strange looking flowers, flowers that taste almost like honey when you eat them. This plants name is Sutherlandia Fructesence - a plant that was known for thousands of years for its healing powers by Bushmen, Koi San and Koi Koi, Hottentots as well as Bantu people. This medicine was one of seven medicines that our traditional healers called xxxxxxx, the final medicines, medicines which must only be used when the entire nation is in danger as it is now. This medicine, Sutherlandia, is safe to take and has been used by our people for thousands of years.

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
I'm glad we recognised this very important day yesterday.
I had my red ribbon and wristband from Virgin Unite. They are really active in spreading the awareness with their GET TESTED campaign.

Knowledge is Power!
@cash_sog

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
An estimated 22 million adults and children were living with HIV in sub-Saharan Africa at the end of 2007.

During that year, an estimated 1.5 million Africans died from AIDS. The epidemic has left behind some 11.6 million orphaned African children.

I've known some family & friends that have died due to the epidemic. We know its real. Lets take a moment to ponder our behaviour as young men & women. This year's theme is "Lead-Empower-Deliver".

Yes Tate! Yes

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
Get tested people and play safe. just did my test.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Yeah, get yourself tested bitches.

I haven't been in a while though, so I'll try to make time this week. Where can one go around Auckland Park or Melville?

SUPER RUTHLESS

• SOUTH OF A
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +24/-20
  • New South Movement
    • View Profile
    • Immortal Men Entertainment

I haven't been in a while though, so I'll try to make time this week. Where can one go around Auckland Park or Melville?

cant u do it at lancet labs? i know that they do blood tests, not sure if u can go directly to them

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile

cant u do it at lancet labs? i know that they do blood tests, not sure if u can go directly to them

I think you can, but I want somewhere that I can do one of those instant tests, cos I think they only do the drawing blood and two week waiting shit, which I'm not up for.

Also, does someone know where the nearest blood donor centre is? I haven't donated in six months.

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile

ProVerb

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +13/-22
  • Write of Pa**age Out May 18th!!!
    • View Profile
    • ProVerb Music

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +18/-23
    • View Profile
    • blog

Also, does someone know where the nearest blood donor centre is? I haven't donated in six months.

the bishes at the blood bank said i was too skinny and she couldnt find a vein, eventually after squeezing me for what seemed like hours she did find one :-\

please donate blood ;)
"your real calibre is measured by your consideration and tolerance of others"

Soul Amazin'

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-28
  • I got next....
    • View Profile
the bishes at the blood bank said i was too skinny and she couldnt find a vein, eventually after squeezing me for what seemed like hours she did find one :-\

Damn woman...u need to be fed...didnt any1 tell u that skinny aint sexy no more...

That's some scary figures there, ppl we need to take care of ourselves and get tested on a regular...
All this fast living and bishing needs to stop or we'll form part of the stats...condomise condomise and dont be ashamed of them condoms...they cud and will save yo life...practice safe sex and be faithful to yo partners...

Innocent children are suffering because of our actions...

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
Haven't been tested since early 2007. Need to get on that this weekend. "Lead-Empower-Deliver".

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +18/-23
    • View Profile
    • blog

Damn woman...u need to be fed...didnt any1 tell u that skinny aint sexy no more...

That's some scary figures there, ppl we need to take care of ourselves and get tested on a regular...
All this fast living and bishing needs to stop or we'll form part of the stats...condomise condomise and dont be ashamed of them condoms...they cud and will save yo life...practice safe sex and be faithful to yo partners...

Innocent children are suffering because of our actions...

at the time not now, and she was just being mean I was not that skinny. I eat my spatlho mayn :)
"your real calibre is measured by your consideration and tolerance of others"