Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

My light skinned niggas :D

LetsogoLaPlastik

• AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-8
  • Wa tlala??
    • View Profile
Ohh well to wrap it up....... climatological adaptations,diet etc are reason for some of the difference we see in the physical appereance of most africans...heheh.By naked eye evaluation, one may come to wrong conclusions that its actually hard to come across an african homogenous gene.

Thanx 2 Toureg for providin sources earlier in the thread.....any1 who commented, thanx

*Waits for the derailments*

Ha o mpona oska.....nkatumela!!!!

K'niep Tang

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-4
  • Wadata!
    • View Profile
That long a** post is like an episode of discovery channel in text. Luckily, I like the discovery channel.

I don't see what the hateration and all the fuss is about tho.  :-\ If you don't like it, don't read it. Simple as that.  ;)
I'm like a bunch of dynamite sticks - i'm bound to blow
www.myspace.com/tang1632
http://r-senic.blogspot.com

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
Now why am i being smacked so much?...I suspect Cash and Jay (Equal IQ @ 5 each)

Relax man, I didnt SMACK you.
@NewbiesRule, lol @ the Captain save a "O" comment! We all know Jay can hold her own! Unlike you who "when faced with a woman who can challenge you", you resort to callin her names -real mature boss!
@cash_sog

Anna Sasin

• Silencer of Strumpets
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +8/-7
    • View Profile
interesting topic...and there's nothing wrong with trying to understand the origins of things,all this talk of aids and hunger and abuse is pretentious, like sm1 sed, thts nt all thts worth focusing on...
seems 2me if people were more interested in where they come from they would be more capable of contributing meaningfully to intellectual debate...
maybe thats js me, i talk about and research anything that catches my fancy,more especially about africa...
You are your best thing! - Toni Morrison (Beloved)

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
all this talk of aids and hunger and abuse is pretentious, like sm1 sed, thts nt all thts worth focusing on...

Exactly. Maybe we should stop talking about politics, hip hop, Nip Tuck, or anything else that doesn't pertain to stopping world hunger and aids.

Sounds very beauty queen like to me.

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• http://www.soundclick.com/J-oNERSA
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +17/-30
  • I got the coolest shower door in S.A
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa
It's small shit like this that proves to me the white man did a good job in fcking us up. In the US , if you black , you BLACK! And I feel that, less confuetion and less people devision.

Yo, stop trippin' about Bullshit and ask how can we stop african hunger.
And you've been there to prove it?

Last of the old AG Hittaz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-18
    • View Profile

Well, another interesting mention would be the Kabylie (Berber) people of Algeria, Tunisia,
Morocco, Mali, and Niger. They are said to be the origional inhabitants of the region and before Greeks and Romans invaded North Africa, they were have known to be dark skinned and had curly hair features. They have also battled the Egyptians and had their own Pharores. When the Romans invaded, they called the Kabylie "Berbers", meaning "barbarians" due to the way their languages sounded to Romans. Another term for the Kabylie is
Amazighn - free man, because they resisted to be enslaved by the Romans and Greeks.
Some Kabylies (Amazighn) would find the word "Berber" offensive but others are
familiar with the name.

Despite losing their battles, some intermarried with the invaders but others still remained
with their culture until the Arabs invaded. As the Arabs conquered North Africa, the
Islamic culture was also imposed on the majority of Kabylie people but very few kept
their traditional language and heritage. Back in the 1980s the Kabylie community protested
for the Algerian government to accept the Amazighn language in public places.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 03:22:17 AM by M-Point »

1kind

• onek1nd is superman on the eiffel tower, saving the world from parasites.
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +8/-25
  • My xhosa friends and I started a clique!
    • View Profile
well well, as interesting as this thread is it turned out to be quite amusing. Jay, i understand your frustration. many times it feels like people get their priorities twisted. and in a time when the world is turning to shit, something like this doesn't seem like it should be up there...

reality though is that we can't expect everyone to focus on the same issues. be careful of imposing what you believe on others.

NOW... as 'superficial' as it may seem to some' skin tone is an important issue now, and has been so throughout our history. wars have been waged, genocides commited...and hierarchies and social structures built in the name of skin tone.

for me as a xhosa man, with clear Khoisan roots, it's been a  one of those life long questions...so i'll thank newbie for raising this. i won't post any long explanations here, but i'll do some more of my own research. thank touareg for the post. it was informative...

today i learn about my skin tone, tomorrow i collaborate with jay to fight hunger...
I put Religion, Opression and Weakness underground and when i looked down i felt myself begin to GROW.

www.reverbnation.com/1kind

Mrs Jones

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-41
  • Acoustic Soul
    • View Profile
It's small shit like this that proves to me the white man did a good job in fcking us up. In the US , if you black , you BLACK! And I feel that, less confuetion and less people devision.

actually in the U.S there is discrimination within the black community. Theres words like tar baby and other horrid names they call darker kids.
All my life I had to fight. I loves Harpo, God knows I do. But I'll kill him dead 'fo I let him beat me.

Last of the old AG Hittaz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-18
    • View Profile

actually in the U.S there is discrimination within the black community. Theres words like tar baby and other horrid names they call darker kids.

Yep, words like jigaboo and African Booty Scratcher are sometimes used, unfortunately. >:(

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +19/-16
    • View Profile
@ cash - i disagree wit u here homie. People r not gona c eye to eye on things all the time.. Heck, not even most the time! The point is, on a forum like this, unless u take offence to a topic, there is absolutely no need to suggest people nt talk about wat they find interesting and furthermore, insult them. There r enuf people genuinely interested to pa** the topic as a legitimate. @ jay - i was disappointed to read ur posts and find u speakin like that for no apparent reason. We're grown folk man(most of us), lets treat each otha that way. Respect is reali short in our society and u'l realise that wen it happens to u.
"How can I stay anonymous, when it's my job to be famous?"

Swordsman

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-21
    • View Profile
and I thought I was NARROW MINDED, thanx Jay for taking me out of my misery. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
@ cash - i disagree wit u here homie. People r not gona c eye to eye on things all the time.. Heck, not even most the time! The point is, on a forum like this, unless u take offence to a topic, there is absolutely no need to suggest people nt talk about wat they find interesting and furthermore, insult them. There r enuf people genuinely interested to pa** the topic as a legitimate. @ jay - i was disappointed to read ur posts and find u speakin like that for no apparent reason. We're grown folk man(most of us), lets treat each otha that way. Respect is reali short in our society and u'l realise that wen it happens to u.

I guess as long as niggas smoke that sticky, discussions like these will continue to have a place :D jokes.

Like I said its a very popular "Black Peoples" past time to ponder about the roots and origins of their existence etc, but it can be very counter-productive and time consuming as you could literally go in circles depending on what space your mind is at on that particular day(or in your life), or what potency the erb you are smoking is, or what history books you are reading at the time.

With that said....Proceed. No disrespect intended.
@cash_sog

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +19/-16
    • View Profile
Fair enuf. The topic at hand didnt particularly grab me by the nutsack bt ask urself if it, in anyway, offended u. And even if the point of view jay put across was perfectly in order.. was the way she articulated herself necessary? She cud hav dun it without goin out of her way to insult the gentleman! Thats the grown point of view i'm talkin about. I dnt condone newbies subsequent retaliation! But it was jus that, retaliation!  And yes! I like my sticky.. A grade baby! Cape chron i c u!
"How can I stay anonymous, when it's my job to be famous?"

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Fair enuf. The topic at hand didnt particularly grab me by the nutsack bt ask urself if it, in anyway, offended u. And even if the point of view jay put across was perfectly in order.. was the way she articulated herself necessary? She cud hav dun it without goin out of her way to insult the gentleman! Thats the grown point of view i'm talkin about. I dnt condone newbies subsequent retaliation! But it was jus that, retaliation!  And yes! I like my sticky.. A grade baby! Cape chron i c u!

Hahaha! I got you man! My new years resolution is to start smokin dat erb before I start killing niggas. Too much stress in this SA rap shit!
I agree Jay's comments were somewhat gaffe, but if you knew her like I do, you would understand the logic in her madness ;)
@cash_sog