Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Weezy Copyright Lawsuit

Hip Hop Fan

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +7/-8
    • View Profile

Lawyers for rap star Lil' Wayne have requested additional time to review documents in a copyright infringement lawsuit filed against him last May.

According to the a**ociated Press, a federal lawsuit claimed Weezy did not have the right to sample Karma Ann Swanepoel's song "Once" for his song "I Feel Like Dying."

Attorneys asked a New Orleans judge today (December 16) for an extension until Friday (December 19) before they are required to turn over all documents to plaintiff Urband & Lazar Publishing.

The suit reportedly states Cash Money Records originally attempted to negotiate a license to use the Swanepoel record but were unsuccessful. Over a million people were able to download "I Feel Like Dying" sampled track.

(off sohh)

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I have a feeling Karma will be living large soon.

Never really liked her solo stuff, preferred her with Henry Ate, but I wish she wins this.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
From what I understand, the interesting thing about this case is that Swanepoel isn't just asking for her cut of the money, she's a**erting her 'moral' right (the thing copyright guarantees) to not have her music used for something she doesn't approve of.

Apparently she just doesn't like lil wayne and everything he stands for (objectifying women, glamourising violence, drugs etc).

Should be very interesting. I wonder how much Swanepoel's moral values will cost in hard Dollar terms :)

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
From what I understand, the interesting thing about this case is that Swanepoel isn't just asking for her cut of the money, she's a**erting her 'moral' right (the thing copyright guarantees) to not have her music used for something she doesn't approve of.

Apparently she just doesn't like lil wayne and everything he stands for (objectifying women, glamourising violence, drugs etc).

Should be very interesting. I wonder how much Swanepoel's moral values will cost in hard Dollar terms :)

I would do the same if I were in her shoes.

And judging by how many downloads and cd's were sold, I think her moral right is gona amount to quite bit.

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile

she doesnt understand that Weezy likes being misunderstood!