Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Depression...

Thornz · 25 · 7004

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-22
    • View Profile
I was diagnosed with depression about a month ago, not really manic or anythin, but it's been going on for a bit longer than that.
The thing is I never thought I had a 'problem' until a few anxiety attacks later, throwing up all over the place  :) then I decided to see my doctor.

It's been a bit of an uphill climb for me since I finished my matric in 2006, I won't get into the details but I have reason to believe that this where the stress, uncertainty and shit started settling in. I broke up wid a girlfriend about 6 months ago but that has nothin to do with the depression (I know what ur thinkin) it was on good terms  :)

I've been living this fatigued and 'derealised' reality for a bit now, it's like a side of me is just numb...inanimate, I dunno...like i'm alseep though I'm awake. Doesn't make sense but yeah, on some zombie type shit

I put my studies on hold cuz I couldn't really concerntrate on what I was doing, hell I still can't sometimes.

I really wana see a shrink, or even better, a hypnotist...but their charges r f***in silly, I just finished my prescribed antidepressants today...

anyway..yeah, just wanted to get that off my chest. I know it's incoherent but i just started typing impulsively...I don't expect therapy from yall or anythin, just that most of my friends r already out of town on holiday...and I don't spend time with my family,
just my lil brother...and I'm particularly bored this afternoon, the bottle is not an option...neither is weed so I'mo watch a movie  ;D

thanx for reading, if ur as bored as i am

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Welcome to the club.

Been there for a while now. More than a year.

Makhi The Heart Beat

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +1/-10
    • View Profile
dat xplains a lot
Its beyond/

The Elders are above all/

Above all!!/

- Bongani krushen Cripper Demka...

R.I.P my brother I miss you so much.

Taf1

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-5
  • Of deluded minds and manipulated opinions
    • View Profile
My man, keep your head up. I have gone thru such times and whatever gives u that positive energy seek it and keep it. Nomatter how hard things are you have to stay strong and at times share your deep thoughts and dont put excess pressure on yourself. I wish you the best.

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
@ Pyro you know.. I was kinda hoping you wouldn't reply to this since u've successfully established yourself as the resident
dick in this place...but I'm glad u did  ;D so...what r u taking?

Taf1 ko ndeip, how's aussie... of course I should've expected you to drop in, this is like your speciality innit lol! thanks
positive energy is good...but it can be hard if u still have to deal wid dumb shit now and then, I'm coping so i can't complain 2 much

@ Jesus - get back on ya f***in cross and die
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 01:38:50 PM by thornz »

Makhi The Heart Beat

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
@ Pyro you know.. I was kinda hoping you wouldn't reply to this since u've successfully established yourself as the resident
dick in this place...but I'm glad u did  ;D so...what r u taking?

Taf1 ko ndeip, how's aussie... of course I should've expected you to drop in, this is like your speciality innit lol! thanks

@ Jesus - dont mess with me, I have Jewish friends

LMAO!! aight ma nig, no need to take any drastick measures
Its beyond/

Above all!!/

Taf1

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-5
  • Of deluded minds and manipulated opinions
    • View Profile

Hapana iripo, Aussie is ok (ok so im lying!)... this is your thread i wont start my drama B. Man u need to ease up and make the most of the fun you can have. Depression should not have space in your life. How do u plan to get on top of this though coz u need to my man.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I'm not taking anything, cos I'm trying to work through this without drugs. It's a mental thing and I don't feel like putting myself on a chemical high solves anything, unless the chemical high tastes like bourbon or beer.

I used to be on Cipramil when I was in high school though. A friend of mine is on Cipralex at the moment and its working really well.

What are you on?

Makhi The Heart Beat

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
a swazi-rex...
Its beyond/

Above all!!/

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
^^ haha, funny...I was on a fluoxetine/hydrochloride drug, I was also reluctant to use 'medication'...I couldn't get a proper therapist so i ended up doin that anyway. I'm happy wid the beer idea myself, but I noticed that alcohol wasn't helpin much so I decided to stick to the ADs. They've helped a bit...

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-14
    • View Profile
hi everyone.

my name is greg. and im addicted to gadgets, and beer.

im not sure if im depressed. but i have been staying home a lot recently. mainly because i dont have that much money.
i wish i had more money. then i would definately know if this was depression i was feeling. maybe im just bored. maybe we all are.

@thornz. live life homey. dont just let it pa** you by while you are still in that transe state. it feels like just yesterday that i was in matric. it was only yesterday when somebody asked me if i was going to attend our 10th yr reunion when i realised that time had gone by so quickly.
my point is, try and make the best out of the time you have now. before you know it, you will be 80yrs old, bed ridden and wearing an adult nappy. dont spend your youth being depressed bruv.
iv got a fire in my heart and your critism fans it!

Enis21

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +5/-13
    • View Profile
Iyo! thats kinda deep (lol @ bobby miracles)

Is it me or is every second person depressed lately!?

Arggggggghh its quite frustrating knowing that so many men are so 'weak'
i hope your meds help you, but i suggest meditation/a morning chant.
"Stuck with yourself like the rest of us"

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Enis, I agree to an extent, but sometimes the depression is due to shit you can't help at all, which is why drugs can fix it, because they correct chemical imbalances and increase serotonin production etc.

I have always wanted to be bipolar, cos that  just sound much better than simply being depressed and weepy. then I can also justify being a bit messed up sometimes.

Deliverence

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +3/-4
  • Let me deliver you from your pain
    • View Profile

I have always wanted to be bipolar, cos that  just sound much better than simply being depressed and weepy. then I can also justify being a bit messed up sometimes.

This is strange coming from the guy thats always playing the role of the macho man on here...

Seems its that time of the year where the suicide rate sky rockets, atleast i got many things to be happy bout
The Truth... Its Real

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile

This is strange coming from the guy thats always playing the role of the macho man on here...

That's the problem, I don't get weepy and shit. I just become withdrawn and feel like smashing someones face in for the smallest shit. I stay this way for days sometimes and I don't go out or mix with people.

Just stay in my room writing or watching cartoons.