Hip Hop Forums > AG Wire

Cla** of '09

<< < (2/5) > >>

Decino:

--- Quote from: The Kid Sunny Winters on December 24, 2008, 11:23:51 AM ---This is just a collection of SA Rappers who I personally think should or need 2 have a breakout year in 2009 due 2 their street-cred, skills, underground following etc.

No 1: -  Maggz. Repping J-Sec. This dude is stupid ill, one of tha nicest MC's if not the nicest in SA. And unlike The L.E.S. has got swagger plus rap skills. Has already established a street-buzz off his Mixtape and feature appearances. This dude is definitely tha illest rapper ever 2 come out of Jozi, period.Needs 2 go mainstream in big way and kiss and make up with his man Pro-kid. Has tha potential 2 be tha best in SA.

No 2:  -  Ondaground. Repping Cap City. One of tha most slept on MC's in SA at the moment. This dude has tha ability 2 do 4 SA Rap what Kanye did in the US. Coming in from left-field (where nobody was watching) and just take over the game. Dude is unconventional and unlike any other rapper out there (like Kanye when he was starting out) plus he's ill on mics and his stage presence and performance is not 2 be f***ed with. I'll be checking 4 dude, coz Cap City needs 2 come with tha heat next year.

No 3:  -  Hoodlum. Repping J-sec. This dude is the premier beatmaker / rapper in SA period. But since the break-up of Hiden Force, I ain't seen much of him in a mainstream sort of way. I hear he's doing his thing behind tha boards for otha up and coming rappers and also heard the buzz behind his anticipated "Junk Food" album. But I'm still waiting 4 tha full-length "Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding". This dude deserves a mainstream spot.

No 4:  -  Seida-Crook.Repping Cape Flats. Is there any evidence that this dude is still alive? Here in J-Sec he's become something of an Urban Legend, never seen anywhere but always popping up 4 guest features and interviews in Hype Mag etc. For a dude who has only 1 track out there ("Unf***withable") he's very well known after guest spots on Landmynz Vol. 2, Beatoven's Vol. 5, Rashid's Album (4got tha name), and word is he's also featured on both Hoodlum's upcoming Albums. Like Maggz has tha potential 2 be the best in SA, coz no-one except maybe Maggz can f*** with this dude when it comes 2 ill-flows. The streets been waiting on u Crook.

No 5:  -  The Anvils. Repping Cap City. These dudes r simply tha illest Rap Group in SA right now, period. Tha punchlines, that real township swagger, tha flows, only maybe Last Days Fam and Morafe can f*** with these dudes. Only problem is they're still underground. Roach Inc needs 2 find a way 2 get these dudes onto tha mainstream, coz there's no doubt they would kill it. Every joint they got out has got Radio potential while still maintaining their credibility in tha streets. Buff needs 2 make a plan 4 these dudes quick coz their killing shows all over tha country - proof that they could make it big next year.

--- End quote ---

Those are my 3 favorite rappers in SA at the moment. True all of them need to lock the game down 2009. As 4 Anvila, those cats been nice so co-sign on the best rap group in SA thing.

Big Elle:
yeah, nice list but where's my girl qba tho ??? plus no mention of red button, blackmoss, l.tido or young nations (he's not mainstream yet is he?)

da kid x:
Yeah kiLLer list..maggz aint da best thing outta jhb, i realli have to question ya knowledge with regards to da local scene..but anyway i'l disregard that and consider it ya personal opinion..dude is hell'o'va nice thou..hope the move to fa**ie records dont mess up his game,..heard dude fvckin round with auto tune..wtf..anyway he's in my top5 non the less...as for anvilla,..wel wat more can i say that aint been said before..Best Rap Crew in SA period!mad energy and gr8 chemistry...hoodlum wil never realli blow up as an artist..interms of production he's a monster..should stick to dat..also keen to see how reason is received with regards to his debut solo offering..dude iz dope..

The Sensei:
Well, as far as underground goes I'd also go with Maggz and Crook as the best two out there right now. The Federation and The Anvils can't be touched as far as groups go. But cats need to make the step up though.

jiggy china:
nice list. i think the anvils are due to release solos before the group project (so i heard anyway)

lez has been posed to release "boy next door" for a while now. this album is south africa's "nacirema dream"

khuli from morafe is also releasing  solo, the single sthandwa sam' is too nice!. i think next year maybe the year for the new breed...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version