Africasgateway.com

Zuma to be charged

Habbit · 42 · 14758

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile

This deserves post of the day.

no, the dic post a pic, is the thread of the day, probabably of the week.

Sduhla

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-2
    • View Profile
Many of us and our families did not join and make sacrifices for Mandela, Mbeki or Zuma- we joined and sacrificed for the African National Congress, which we will defend.
Those who speak about Zuma's 'non- intellectualism' should have asked Zuma not to spend 15 years of his life in Robben Island for the liberation of this country; they should have asked him not to be the head of the ANC's underground intelligence unit; they should have told him that his 'non-intellectualism' prevents him from playing a central role in averting a civil war in KZN in 1993, which would have engulfed the whole country; they should have protested when he was elected deputy president of our revolutionary movement in Mafikeng in 1997.
Members of the ANC have always maintained that if there is a case to answer, then Zuma should go to court. What we found strange and unacceptable was that the NPA investigating Zuma for the past eight years with no charges against him, then leaking information to the media so that he could be judged guilty by the public, as some of you have. We also know that Mbeki, Lekota and other senior government officials are deeply implicated in the arms deal as the investigations in Germany, France and the U.K have indicated. Now why the selective prosecution?
The ANC represents the unity of black people and our collective memory, history,struggle and destiny. In his velidictory address to the nation, former president Mbeki reminded us that 81% of the wealth in South Africa is still owned and controlled by those who owned and controlled it before 1994. Today, COPE, an organization formed by power hungry, corrupt and greedy individuals wishes to undermine our historic gains for expedient electioneering. COPE wants to scrap Affirmative Action and Black Economic Empowerement. Young black youths in white corporate South Africa know what would happen if AA and BEE were no longer law. White folks are resistent to employing and promoting us with transformative legislation in place. One can only imagine what would happen if it were gone as COPE proposes. Why do you think white folks like COPE so much. Because in COPE they recognise an instrument for our division. Even if you don't like Zuma, atleast have a sense of self-preservation. A lot of privilaged white folks will be supporting COPE because it will allow them to preserve their wealth. We need to vote on policies not personalities.
On equality before the law. It would be great in an ideal world. However, we saw Mark Thetcher financing a coup of a government in Guineu, and NOTHING happened to him. Why didn't Lekota resign then? People in Sandton and Houghton break the law routinely, but the jails are filled by people from Gugulethu and Soweto. That is because the rich folks can afford lawyers to get them off. As advocate Ntsebenza, the deputy chair of the TRC, has asked 'why has the NPA not spent as much time persuing the apartheid butchers as they have been hounding Zuma'.
Our consitution was a product of what Mandela called 'historic compromises'. The sunset clause in the constitution effectively allowed wealth to remain in the hands of the minority while the majority received a new flag, anthem and black government. The ANC is far from being perfect, but its the only choice in an unfair society. The people making thse insidious posters are shameful a**holes who don't respect the very courts they claim to want to protect.

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
I can't be arsed to read all that right now. It's late, and I just got back from Ugly Duckling.

I will say this though: it's called the RETURN KEY. Or ENTER BUTTON. PARAGRAPHS, PLEASE!!!
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

Tonnes

• The Crafter
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-20
  • Liquid Veteran
    • View Profile
I can't be arsed to read all that right now. It's late, and I just got back from Ugly Duckling.

I will say this though: it's called the RETURN KEY. Or ENTER BUTTON. PARAGRAPHS, PLEASE!!!

For real...cats need to learn what the "Enter" key does.
Flexipanel...All Tings Proper

Papa ThReAdS

• Are you a bish?? Then you can love me.
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +24/-31
  • The beautiful man...The beautiful Legend...
    • View Profile
But seriously...them white folk can COPE these nuts nyagguh.
Beating bitches since 1982.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
2 Sduhla

I was gonna read all of it, but then the stupidity of your first sentence made me decide to just scan it for shit I can use to mock you.

Here I was thinking people were involved in the struggle to be freed from institutionalised oppression by the minority white government. Now you tell me it was just for the status of being ANC. I suddenly lost all respect for my all the idiots who died in the struggle. I wouldn't die to defend that shit.

No one ever denied that Zuma did a lot for the country and for attaining democracy. That doesn't make him f***ing holy or above reproach though, so back the f*** up. I thought we fought for equality for all. Now this man who keeps asking for his day in court, yet keeps trying to avoid his day in court, and keeps insisting to be treated as innocent until proven guilty yet makes statements saying that anyone suspected of a crime should be flogged and punished by his community, wants to be treated like he is special. If that is the case, f*** Zuma and all those who defend him. I'd rather have a nice civil war then to keep me busy.

The ANC was not the only party involved in the struggle, despite what you may have been told. They now act like no other parties and groups were involved, but if you pull your head out of your a** and read more than the party booklets, you will find different. The ANc doesn't represent black people's anything. They represent black people only near election times when they need them to get their two thirds majority. The rest of the time they represent corruption, greed and fattening their own pockets and bellies to the point where the backs of their necks look like packs of viennas.

I don't know what Mark Thatcher's coup attempt in Guinnea has to do with Lekota's resignation. I don't remember Thatcher being a member of the ANC. Or did you just think you'd throw that in there so we can see you know stuff?

The NPA don't spend as much time hunting apartheid butchers as they do hunting Zuma, because that is not their mandate or jusrisdiction. That means that statement is not only retarded, but the person who made it shouldn't be in government, because he obviuosly doesn't have a clue of its basic workings.

More people in Sandton get off crimes because they can afford it, while the cats in the hoods still struggle and go to jail. You said it yourself. Now go check how many of your beloved ANC leaders still live in the hood and how many live in gated communites and have boduguards and blue light convoys to protect them and tuck them in at night.

Are white peopel giving the leaders this shit? No, they are taking it for themselves because as some of them so proudly say, "I didn't take part in the struggle to be poor." They are now checking for themselves, and the motivation behind the struggle is forgotten for most.

I bet you're one of those SASCO or ANCYL members who hang around campus and think you impress people with your big words and knowledge of politically popular slogans and rabble-rousing rethoric. YOu don't realise that people can see past your bullshit.

Grow the f*** up and realise that its not about black parties or white anymore, but who can deliver. Race means nothing, because now its the black girls and boys who live in Sandton and wear their designer labels who look down on those from the hood and call them k******s. Cla** not race.

I'm not a fan of COPE, but when you see the abject poverty that is still around in the hoods where your leaders grew up in, while they now live in suburban mansions, and you still vote for them, because of loyalty and what they used to represent, then you are a f***ing idiot of note and belong in a circus or somewhere else where people can come stare and point and laugh.

SolitaryNative

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-4
  • Feature now Defunct
    • View Profile
This thing about white people liking COPE/COY (haha) is another piece of bullshit I take issue with. One of the main reasons certain white people will never be swayed by COPE is their attempt to make us believe they are the only party accommodative of all South Africans.  The ANC has a proud history of accommodating and including numerous types of different whites from communists, trade unionists, social activists, ordinary citizens and others. Many of these killed by the boers in cross border raids, detention venues and stoeps in front of their own children. Many of these people remain loyal to the ANC and have no inclination of being conned by COPE's attempts to retain the lifestyle's to which their "leaders" have been accustomed. Do not for a minute a**ume that the white housewives you see sucking up to COPE in any way portray the feelings or views of all of us.

I dismiss both COPE and the "hiding behind the biggest dog logic espousing" Sdudlha with the same venom. Don't take the ANC for what you would make it, nor try to appear to be speaking on its behalf. Ignorance and eloquence together are not a good look.

The ANC is in a difficult place, and right minded South Africans are free to make up their minds. I despair at the number of new experts however that are now all over the place, redefining the party image as they see fit. I expect smacks. Cheers.

Sduhla

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-2
    • View Profile
TO: LORD PRYO
U seem to have fundemantally misconstrued my point, but I'm sure misunderstanding happens often in your life. "The ANC has always and remains the only instrument for black people's coersion and unity" Nelson Mandela. I am sure that you wouldn't have died for that 'shit', and I'm equally sure that non of your parents were prepared to die or sacrifice for that 'shit'. As for Zuma being beyond reproach, I never said that. I was merely responding to idiots like yourself who think that his lack of formal education should disqualify him from leadership. We are however NOT all equal before the law. The rich white folks that committ crimes on the daily get away with it because they can afford good legal representation.
I'm not a student. I'm an economist at Rand Merchant Bank. And as for you being ready for civil war, be careful what you ask for behind your laptop, you might just get it. Zuma will be the next president of this country. And as president Mbeki said, you can live if you want to. Go to Australia, UK or the US where you don't have to worry about incompitent, lazy and corrupt black governance. Leaders in those countries concern themselves with persuing aggresive wars and occupations abroad, and repression and austerity at home, and ofcourse transfering public wealth to their corporate buddies who fund their political campaigns.
The ANC does not exist in parliament, but in branches in township communities, thus it continues to enjoy legitimacy among the MAJORITY of people in this country. Please think before your excitement gets the better of you.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Well, if Nelson Mandela said so, I guess it has to be true then huh? Gorget about the rest of the liberation movements.

Don't get me wrong, he is a great man, but I am so fed up with the hero worship. This is where the whole personality cult within the ANC started. Believe it or not, but he is not and never was the be all and end all of the ANC. Who here even knows when Tambo's birthday is? Slovo's? Nevermind, they don't matter and neither do any of the other people who were involved. Only the ANC as it is today, and it is our duty to blindly follow them without thinking, even though we are smart enough to be investment bankers and realise that they are f***ing over the ideals of the struggle.

As for none of my family being willing to be in the struggle, don't make a**umptions. There is a reason why there are street named after my family in two Free State towns' "coloured" neighbourhoods. There is also a reason for four of my uncles never returning from exile.

The ANC has forgotten that they are meant to serve the people and not the other way around. Either you are too stupid to see it, or too stubborn and brainwashed. You decide.

OG Beezak

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +6/-16
  • uMlazi--- keep hustling
    • View Profile
@Pyro

As much as your attitude and the manner in which you address others pisses me off---I think you are speaking the truth. The same issues which have always bordered me. Cos, we got poverty every year, every day, every hour and every minute, but whenever we seek help, ----housing, education, security,and etc----we are told that there are no resources or the budget is tight-------f***ed up budgets for education, health, and etc, and good budgets for nature conversation and other not so significant things. And then comes the elections…………….ma niggers leaving their shacks, not going to work----but to long queues where they are told they must register for basic housing. And this ish about basic services pisses me off too. Why the f are we still getting basic services-----past 14 years…. Come the f on. I know the magnitude of our problems is great, but come on,----give people some proper housing, proper education, proper everything----cos after all you mafos are not going for proper anymore…you’re going for luxury. And the people are not dumb they can see.

@Pyro, again man, you have a messed up tendency of separating yourself from the S.A community …..especially the black community. You speak about “your” leaders and calling us “idiots”. Come on now. Ain’t these people your leader as well. Aren’t they the ones who make decisions for you too. Come on man. You talk like it was okay when “those” or the “other leaders” were in power. Like you preferred them as “your” leader. And you still saying ish aiin’t about race. Contradiction man.

As for me, again and again, our leaders know that we are uninformed----------about when to be loyal or back down, about addressing ethnic issues--. And they know that loyalty is one of the key African values. So they take advantage of that. They know that the educated public is a less than the illiterate ma**es. So  they also capitalize on that.  The MAIN REASON WHY THE ANC IS STILL GOING TO MAKE IT FOR GOVERNMENT. Instead of helping us and informing us, they are using this to benefit careers------as if---since I’m Zulu by default I’ll be voting for ANC---come on people. And the S>A politics is soo personal..f this as well.

What we need are soldiers…..true soldiers like Biko, Hanni, and etc.

We need a Real Organization for the People. Not a party. But a Real human rights organization. A group of honest activist to represent the general public. Something which resembles a trade union. A union that will represent S.A. people-----especially during these elections.

One Day the S.A. Public Needs to Go on a We Are Not Voting Strike-------Black, Indian, Colored, or White. Something which can wake the politicians. Something to remind them that we are not instruments and that they need us. And their careers depend

The Zuma case is not that problematic for the S.A. public or even the judicial system. It is just a source to the real problems…………………..for instance…..that the whole ANC and parliament are corrupt, and why the hell do we have the states NB files  in Mauritius and who killed Hanni……….shit like that. 

So open your minds people. Open them wide
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 04:29:26 PM by Beesting aka BusyBee »
Straight outta Mzilayi. It's that code 031 baby
              Hip Hop till 'am 75. Gcwala

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
If my attitude pisses you off, I'm sorry, but that is how I feel and if you don't agree, too bad.

I separate myself from the rest because I don't like the idea of being a**ociated with "sheeple". People who blindly follow others because of what they did in the past, regardless of the fact that these people are f***ing them now.

I say "your" leaders, because I don't feel the need to be lead. I don't follow anyone, unless I feel that they have something to offer me or those around me. You may have noticed that I don't feel this way about the current government. And no, I never said that the previous government was better. Trying to imply that I did is ridiculous. I don't believe in any form of institutionalised leadership that makes decisions for any community, unless they are based within that community and too every members' opinion into consideration. Not the opinions of their corporate multinational paymasters.

The thing that gets to me is that the current government is no better at all. Its a case of the same people getting f***ed over, in the same way, just by a new f***er. What makes it worse is that this new f***er isn't your traditional oppressor that took power by force, but one that came from the people themselves and tricked them into believing that he will improve their lives and circumstances. Then he went and did exactly what the oppressor did and criticism of his actions automatically turns you into a coconut or racist or wannabe-white or whatever the f*** you wanna call me.

I seperate myself from all communities, not just the black, because that is the only way to get an objective view of who is f***ing you and how, while you prefer to "stay black", holding your ankles and getting your a**hole reamed. I actually take offence at the implication that I am racist.

Race isn't the issue, because it is black people currently f***ing blacks, and if you can't see that you need to get your eyes checked.

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
Be interesting to see what would happen if Zuma was found guilty. Would ANC keep Motlanthe in the top seat? It suggests here that JZ has evidence that could implicate Terror...hmmm...February 4th...

http://www.mg.co.za/article/2009-01-25-zuma-to-hear-graft-trial-date