Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Richest Hip Hop Artists in 2008

dat dude who happens to rap!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-12
    • View Profile
until we stop bootlegging and burning cds for friends this will never stop! If we cant take each other seriously no company ever will

Habbit

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +3/-4
    • View Profile
until we stop bootlegging and burning cds for friends this will never stop! If we cant take each other seriously no company ever will

Untill U cats make real hiphop which is timeless I will never stop burning your CD's, what's the point of buying shit you only play for one week and it's a bore after that? I was bumpin' that "Fire" track from the L.E.S album almost the whole of December, now I can't stand it! Imagined if I had actually copped that ish? But The Book of Proverb, Listener's digest, The Given Mixtape along with all other Cla**ics I bought are still competing for a spot in the shuttle of my whip!

f*** 'out of here!!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 12:19:56 PM by Habbit »

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile

doesnt that give the artist more exposure?

Mprofeti the Radical Process

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +3/-13
    • View Profile

It does man but also distroys an artist.....that CD burning bootlegging shit kills an artist.......Thats why some artists mostly underground have decided to push their own stuff on the streets, but even that doesnt stop CD burning......
Freedom is only a state of mind....

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Untill U cats make real hiphop which is timeless I will never stop burning your CD's, what's the point of buying shit you only play for one week and it's a bore after that? I was bumpin' that "Fire" track from the L.E.S album almost the whole of December, now I can't stand it! Imagined if I had actually copped that ish? But The Book of Proverb, Listener's digest, The Given Mixtape along with all other Cla**ics I bought are still competing for a spot in the shuttle of my whip!

f*** 'out of here!!
what I always say. Then people get their knickers in a knot about it.

I always download and burn discs. I fI like what I hear and I still feel like listening to the shit after a while, I always make sure to buy the disc if I can find it.

I hate that fire joint though. I thought it was some American trying to be Weezy or T-Pain the first time I heard it. Only to realise its a South African trying to some American trying to be Weezy or T-Pain.

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile
do we have a list like this for south african rappers?

It doesnt exist.... But im also just which South African Rapper is making more money than the others...

My bet is HHP, homey lives on stages and now corporates are showing him love so I reckon he eats more that the rest of us (excuse the double meaning there)

HAHAHA!

Bashin

• im the One
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-4
    • View Profile
i don think piracy has much of an effect on cats not gettin enough dough, coz heads know which cd's are worth buyin and which ones to bootleg...i think HHP ,Prokid and maybe Tuks are the only cats eatin off hiphop locally..Then there's Tumi and Sharpa wit all that overseas money..Slikour and Pro seem to be also gettin theirs but its from outside hiphop.
www.kasimp3.co.za/s3P7 #BLAZIN_SPEAKERS

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile

It does man but also distroys an artist.....that CD burning bootlegging shit kills an artist.......Thats why some artists mostly underground have decided to push their own stuff on the streets, but even that doesnt stop CD burning......

I was joking.

TY-D-CPT-021-NKE

• Go tell your mother cause i dont give a f**
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-47
  • "Dont kyk me by the gevriet aka dont judge snitch!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thesamark.co.za/WC-NKE.aspx
***answer......weezy sold 1.5mil...hip hop is alive...
people be juding me by the way that i walk even when i talk they say i got swagger like i be from new york..#print that bitches!

fahfee

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-0
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/chiefmlu
I was surfing the net when i came across the list of the richest Hip Hop artists last year (2008)........check it out

1.  50 Cent - $150 million
2.  Jay-Z - $82 million
3.  Diddy - $35 million
4.  Kanye West - $30 million
5.  Timbaland - $22 million
6.  Pharrell Williams - $20 million
7.  Swizz Beatz - $17 million
8.  Snoop Dogg - $16 million
9.  Dr. Dre - $15 million
10. Ludacris - $14 million
11. T.I. - $13 million
12. Lil Wayne - $13 million
13. Eminem - $12 million
14. Common - $12 million
15. Akon - $12 million
16. Jermaine Dupri - $11 million
17. Lil Jon - $11 million
18. OutKast - $10 million
19. Chamillionaire - $10 million
20. The Game - $10 million

You can get more info at www.forbes.com

I am surprised to see Common there. Thats a good look.

50 should quit rap and stick to business cause thats definitely his forte.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 11:19:48 PM by fahfee »
beatz:
http://soundcloud.com/chiefmlu

check my blog peeps!

chiefmlu.blogspot.com
twitter.com/chiefMlu