Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Ballot or the bullet

Headwarmaz

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +2/-2
  • Bush Radio 89.5 FM (www.bushradio.co.za)
    • View Profile
Yo wa**up Ag peops.

After speaking to a few people about the elections coming up soon, I've realised that they hype that we hoped would reach a feverish pitch is no where to be seen. At best the die hard political ma**es from 1994 are still to be found gathered in town halls having meetings that are not looking toward the next election, but fuelled by anger and complaints at the current situation.

And according to surveys the youth of South Africa have not taken many notes from the USA youth. Registrations stats reveal that a large percentage of the youth have not registered yet.

My question is this...

For the people who have decided that they will not be voting for the next South African elections, do you have concrete reasons for doing so?
Headwarmaz...

For the LOVE of Hip Hop

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
i imagine they feel that there's no one they support. . .and for those belonging to the middle cla** theres even more reason to pa** up the vote: its more than likely that life will continue as is despite whoever the ballot favours.

Soul Amazin'

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-28
  • I got next....
    • View Profile
Most of them wanted to vote for the ruling party but becos of all the drama that has happened....they dont wanna be part of the ma**es who are gonna put the shower man in power...they dont wanna be blamed for it...if he cant cope...

so they rather let other people/grown ups do it....most of them are on some: "i didnt vote in the previous elections, so the absence of my vote wont make any difference"...

afterbirth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
    • View Profile
Most of them wanted to vote for the ruling party but becos of all the drama that has happened....they dont wanna be part of the ma**es who are gonna put the shower man in power...they dont wanna be blamed for it...if he cant cope...

most of them are on some: "i didnt vote in the previous elections, so the absence of my vote wont make any difference"...

methinks spoiling ur ballot to show ur lack of faith in any of em peeps running is more profound than merely not turning up..
we can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +18/-23
    • View Profile
    • blog

most of them are on some: "i didnt vote in the previous elections, so the absence of my vote wont make any difference"...

methinks spoiling ur ballot to show ur lack of faith in any of em peeps running is more profound than merely not turning up..

co-sign
"your real calibre is measured by your consideration and tolerance of others"

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Methinks standing in line for hours just to f*** up a ballot that none of them are gonna see any way is a waste of time which could be better applied at some other subversive activities.

afterbirth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
    • View Profile
Methinks standing in line for hours just to f*** up a ballot that none of them are gonna see any way is a waste of time which could be better applied at some other subversive activities.

quite the contrary.. IEC publishes the # of spoilt ballots..
& if there's a surge during this election as opposed to the one's prior..
them politicians will have to take note.. imagine if there were more spoilt ballots than votes for the IFP say..
or the ANC lost its two- thirds majority & the difference in tally can be attributed to spoilt votes..

liberating as ur wanking may be to u..
subversive it is not to others
we can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
First off, go f*** yourself. Okay, now that we have cleared that up.

I think it doesn't make a difference whether you are an absentee or a ballot spoiler, unless of course your ballot gets special mention for having a death threat to Zuma and a shitstain on it. Rather register and then arrange a ma** boycott of the polls or something like that, in order to make your unhappiness known. Arrange a big party for people who don't feel happy with the state of affairs and would rather not vote for any of the a**holes on offer. arrange for media coverage of the event and let your voices be heard.

That way you get spared the discomfort of having to stand in the sun waiting just to spoil your ballot and you get to have fun and I bet you get more exposure that way.

Then they can use the info from registered absent voters to tally the number of lost votes as you explained.

I feel that participation in the farce they call democratic elections, in any way is an endorsement of that farce.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 03:00:05 PM by Lord Pyro »

Soul Amazin'

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-28
  • I got next....
    • View Profile
smh @ all this ballot spoiling...

aren't spoilt ballots more of a sign of lack of knowledge regarding elections/casting votes rather than unwillingness to vote for any party...?

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile

aren't spoilt ballots more of a sign of lack of knowledge regarding elections/casting votes rather than unwillingness to vote for any party...?

I also think that they wont know if it spoilt as a result of incompetence or disgruntlement.

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • blog
First off, go f*** yourself. Okay, now that we have cleared that up.

I think it doesn't make a difference whether you are an absentee or a ballot spoiler, unless of course your ballot gets special mention for having a death threat to Zuma and a shitstain on it. Rather register and then arrange a ma** boycott of the polls or something like that, in order to make your unhappiness known. Arrange a big party for people who don't feel happy with the state of affairs and would rather not vote for any of the a**holes on offer. arrange for media coverage of the event and let your voices be heard.

That way you get spared the discomfort of having to stand in the sun waiting just to spoil your ballot and you get to have fun and I bet you get more exposure that way.

Then they can use the info from registered absent voters to tally the number of lost votes as you explained.

I feel that participation in the farce they call democratic elections, in any way is an endorsement of that farce.

remember what happened with Desmond Dube's million-man march ??? organising parties and boycotts takes time and money and u still not guaranteed the ones running their mouths in support will show up.

a spoilt vote is still better that a none-vote because it will be counted (as Afterbirth explained). The numbers never lie. I mean if im gonna stand in the sun to vote for COPE/ANC/DA or whoever to screw me over the minute they have my vote. i would rather queue up and have it spoilt, cause at least I voted and got the ppl who always go "ppl died for ur right to vote" off my back

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I really don't care about those people. They can nag all they want and like I said, it will be counted for what? So they can say that people were too ignorant to vote properly that's why they lost?

Dube's thing didn't work, but do you think people will say no to a ma**ive party where they can simultaneously get drunk and tell the "leaders" to go f*** themselves?

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • blog
I really don't care about those people. They can nag all they want and like I said, it will be counted for what? So they can say that people were too ignorant to vote properly that's why they lost?

Dube's thing didn't work, but do you think people will say no to a ma**ive party where they can simultaneously get drunk and tell the "leaders" to go f*** themselves?

you will be suprised what people will say no to come election time.

The Mighty Loks

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +37/-66
    • View Profile

I also think that they wont know if it spoilt as a result of incompetence or disgruntlement.

Yes but not pitching up at all could a sign of lazyness and possibly carelessness. However, if you show that not only did you make the effort of registering and going to the polls it shows that YOU CARE it's just that there's no one there deserving of your vote. I agree with Afterbirth on this one.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

... unless you spoil it by writing, 'f*** YOUR VOTING, I'M GOING TO PISS ON ITS BALLS'