• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
Anyone bought this yet?

http://lastsletters.blogspot.com

Cochlea - One Last Letta is the third in a series of 3 Albums which I have released through Outrageous Records over 6 years. The first, Listeners Digest was released in 2004; the second Headphone Music In A Parallel World followed two years later in 2006. All three albums play on the “Ear” and “Hearing” as an overriding theme acting as the common thread that binds the records together. This inter relation is done deliberately as I believe the ear has the unique ability to “perceive” that which the eye and indeed all other known senses cannot; the reality of the Soul. This reality is expressed through music.

The 16 track Album is just under an hour long and broken down into three main sections. The first part of the album is heavily slanted towards commentary on my artistic and socio-economic perspective. These opening 6 songs are all personal with an experiential base for inspiration.

The middle part of the record is born from relationship dynamics between a man and a woman. Each of these 6 songs branches into different core ideas, but all stem from the ‘Boy Meets Girl’ trunk. Subtle nuances like the ad lib “…Let’s Keep it like this for a while…” at the beginning of the song “I Got This - Bait the Prey” and “…I Hope She Like it/That’s it…” at the end of “Traditional Her - With Unconditional Love” are my way of letting the listener know that this section is half way done, then finally over.

The final movement of the album is what I call the “Zoned Out” phase of the record. These songs are dreamy and almost abstract in nature, allowing the listener to turn off their brains and switch on their soul; very spiritual.

Producers
Producing a full album means knowing the broader vision for it and reconciling that with the resources available to you. It was extremely important for me to make this Album sound completely different to the last two; fresher and more accessible. For this reason the beat producers on Cochlea - One Last Letta may be relatively new and unheard of to most. Theirs is a mainly programmed sound made more organic with the sparse use of live instrumentation and the avoidance of chopped samples. Theirs is exactly the sound I needed to realise my vision for this record. On boards, I had the pleasure of working with Afrika, Tagteam, Mason Black, Herbie Dangerous, Ameen, Helio, pH, SyC and Iko. With the exception of Helio and Iko, all of these producers I worked with for the first time on Cochlea - One Last Letta

Featured Artists
No good album is done in isolation and Cochlea - One Last Letta is no exception. With a wealth of talent in Mzansi to choose from I only had two important criteria for the artists I decided to work with on this record. One; does the song require their specific touch on it? Two; do I have a genuine personal relationship with these artists based on respect and admiration? For the following artists the answers to both were yes. Cochlea - One Last Letta enlists the incredible talents of DJ Hamma, RJ Benjamin, Kalakoda, Pebbles, Pedro of 340ml, Tracey Lee, Lebo Mashile, Rantoboko, Chi, Kabomo, Audrey, Tino and young Lungelo.

In between every album I have released there is a wealth of experience acquired and I have tried to translate that into all the new music I release. This growth is reflected on Cochlea - One Last Letta which, I can say without hesitation, is the most complete album I have done to date. Hear it and you’ll see why.

Peace

www.rage.co.za
www.myspace.com/zubzthelastletta
www.youtube.com/zubzthelastletta
zubzthelastletta@gmail.com
www.lastsletters.blogspot.com

Bashin

• im the One
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-4
    • View Profile
is this album out or wat ?Been at stores a few times lookin for it..They all know nothin about no Zoobs CD
www.kasimp3.co.za/s3P7 #BLAZIN_SPEAKERS

Soul Amazin'

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-28
  • I got next....
    • View Profile
The album is out and available in some musica stores in the Cape and is also available in Sandton and Rosebank, but there's nothing in PTA yet....it shud be available sometime next week so they said...

The Grand

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-3
  • You could be on your way to earning loads more!
    • View Profile
    • You could be on your way to earning loads more green!

Hip Hop Fan

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +7/-8
    • View Profile

ProVerb

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +13/-22
  • Write of Pa**age Out May 18th!!!
    • View Profile
    • ProVerb Music
Had Him on Rhyme & reason some time back and he seemed real content with this album so I certainly can't wait to get ma hands on it!
Write of Pa**age out Now!!!

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
didnt even know it was out. havent heard nothng, even on radio.

GudEar

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-9
  • 100% Zuluboy
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nduduzof
Whose on production....???
Marco Polo - Marquee ft O.C.
Charles Aznavour - Qui ?
Fugees - Cowboys
Something Bout Love - The Main Ingredient

I stay on top like eXponents - AQ

Bashin

• im the One
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-4
    • View Profile
Copped this yesterday ..Another Last Letter cla**ic..Nice production..But id still enjoy it even if it was 100 % accapella..

listening to this CD is like watchin a Chris Rock show..Dude be droppin truth and addressin real life issues while he entertain You..Especially wit tracks like 'love is blind-my girl is a....'you know wen you datin a chick wit game and you get mad wen cats tell you about her shady ways...And 'i got this-bait the prey'....Zubz here just echoing wat i keep tellin my boys.Wen they go to Tarvens and think they scorin chicks wen its the other way round

Ama upload it for ya'll....Jokes..Go get yours niggas !!
www.kasimp3.co.za/s3P7 #BLAZIN_SPEAKERS

Soul Amazin'

• AG Elite Member
  • I got next....
    • View Profile
Copped this yesterday ..Another Last Letter cla**ic..Nice production..But id still enjoy it even if it was 100 % accapella..

listening to this CD is like watchin a Chris Rock show..Dude be droppin truth and addressin real life issues while he entertain You..Especially wit tracks like 'love is blind-my girl is a....'you know wen you datin a chick wit game and you get mad wen cats tell you about her shady ways...And 'i got this-bait the prey'....Zubz here just echoing wat i keep tellin my boys.Wen they go to Tarvens and think they scorin chicks wen its the other way round

Ama upload it for ya'll....Jokes..Go get yours niggas !!

mmm...cant wait to get my hands on it...let me col my local stores and hear if they got it yet...

how does it compare with the previous releases, wud u say its his best work...?

GudEar

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-9
  • 100% Zuluboy
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nduduzof
?????
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 02:23:59 PM by Superb »
Marco Polo - Marquee ft O.C.
Charles Aznavour - Qui ?
Fugees - Cowboys
Something Bout Love - The Main Ingredient

I stay on top like eXponents - AQ

Soul Amazin'

• AG Elite Member
  • I got next....
    • View Profile
?????

The q was for Bashin since he the only one who has listened to the album so far...

We expect artists to grow with every album they release, to do much more than what they did on the previous ones...

btw: does any1 here hav Zubz's writers club mixtape...?

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +16/-17
    • View Profile
?????

The q was for Bashin since he the only one who has listened to the album so far...

We expect artists to grow with every album they release, to do much more than what they did on the previous ones...

btw: does any1 here hav Zubz's writers club mixtape...?

bump
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 02:59:17 PM by Blizzard »