Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

DA's election manifesto

Ntsa ya teng

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-7
  • Life is like a box of chocolates
    • View Profile
I don't know about you guys but I grew up in the apartheid era. I am not ready for a white goverment as yet. Not in my life time. ANC is f***ed up. I don't trust Zuma at all but ANC has done more for me that DA or any white person. The mistake we made as South Africans is to give ANC the 2 thirds. Give them precedence but not the 2 thirds. We need an opposition.
I am the fifth element of hip-hop (the consumer)

Myth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-16
    • View Profile
eish, with Mandela endorsing ANC....that may have been the final nail in the coffin for some of these other parties (i.e. COPE)...we all knw how the gra** roots feel about madiba

@ ntsa ya teng - DA hasnt actually governed, so what have they done less than the ANC? i thnk they've FINALLY woken up to the fact that bein an opposition organisation that constantly barks and throws stones at the ANC, with no clear-cut solutions, has proved fruitless.

f*** a precedence, we need an alternative government...
its possible to take the art of making music seriously without taking yourself seriously

www.myspace.com/mythbeats101

The Mighty Loks

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +37/-66
    • View Profile
eish, with Mandela endorsing ANC....that may have been the final nail in the coffin for some of these other parties (i.e. COPE)...we all knw how the gra** roots feel about madiba

@ ntsa ya teng - DA hasnt actually governed, so what have they done less than the ANC? i thnk they've FINALLY woken up to the fact that bein an opposition organisation that constantly barks and throws stones at the ANC, with no clear-cut solutions, has proved fruitless.

f*** a precedence, we need an alternative government...

Cosign ..

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
The way i see it. the cycle we are in will have to play itself out. clearly the ANC is loosing support. there isnt a credible black opposition (white parties will NEVER rule in this generation) COPE will fizzle out. a new party formed only on the bases of a different ideologies (not formed from struggle ideologies or as an answer to ANC's flaws) but proper governance. where service delivery is entrusted to professionals who know what they are doing not cos of thier struggle credentials. where support is based on what u want to do and more importantly HOW u will be doing it.
Not on populist notions, at the end of the day the ANC majority support comes from the lower cla**, but even there will grow impatient when thier councel men all get rich off money that should trikkle down to them.

its funny a friend of mine works for a governement department and this is what happens, certain contracts need to be awarded for jobs to get done(deliver a service) but her boss wont sign off on the budget because he wants to have a say on who gets awarded the contract.  the stalemate is such that the job wont get done not unless he chooses who does it, but that isnt his job its her job.

anyway. i feel like its a situation that will have to play itself out and in the mean time wait for things to play out. cos there isnt anyone worth my vote. but still feel a responsibility to actually do something. but what?
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

lyrical mastermind

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-3
  • LYRICAL MASTERMINDS
    • View Profile

OG Beezak

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +6/-16
  • uMlazi--- keep hustling
    • View Profile
The way i see it. the cycle we are in will have to play itself out. clearly the ANC is loosing support. there isnt a credible black opposition (white parties will NEVER rule in this generation) COPE will fizzle out. a new party formed only on the bases of a different ideologies (not formed from struggle ideologies or as an answer to ANC's flaws) but proper governance. where service delivery is entrusted to professionals who know what they are doing not cos of thier struggle credentials. where support is based on what u want to do and more importantly HOW u will be doing it.
Not on populist notions, at the end of the day the ANC majority support comes from the lower cla**, but even there will grow impatient when thier councel men all get rich off money that should trikkle down to them.

its funny a friend of mine works for a governement department and this is what happens, certain contracts need to be awarded for jobs to get done(deliver a service) but her boss wont sign off on the budget because he wants to have a say on who gets awarded the contract.  the stalemate is such that the job wont get done not unless he chooses who does it, but that isnt his job its her job.

anyway. i feel like its a situation that will have to play itself out and in the mean time wait for things to play out. cos there isnt anyone worth my vote. but still feel a responsibility to actually do something. but what?
Couldn't have said it batter ma nucca..............Currently.........I'm just lost.............Non deserve my X
Straight outta Mzilayi. It's that code 031 baby
              Hip Hop till 'am 75. Gcwala

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +18/-23
    • View Profile
    • blog
I don't know about you guys but I grew up in the apartheid era. I am not ready for a white goverment as yet. Not in my life time.

Yeah I get what you mean. I remember the first time we went to parliament. And we had to listen to all the reps. from all the different parties tell us whateva it is that they think we need to hear. And the only guy who really made any sense, was not from any of the big parties, but it was Pieter Mulder from FF+. And none of us ever dreamed that they'd be a day where we felt we had more in common with FF+ than any other party.

"your real calibre is measured by your consideration and tolerance of others"

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
Displays of wealth oust loyalty to principles

IT IS often said that tragic tales are not new. They have been told before, in our bedtime stories and when tales were told around the fire when we were young.

You will know by now that ANC spokesman and struggle veteran Carl Niehaus has, over the past few years, lied to the government, the church and the country in order to have and maintain an incredibly expensive lifestyle. According to the Mail & Guardian’s exposé on Friday, among other things Niehaus did the following:

· forged signatures while he was chief executive of the Gauteng Economic Development Agency before resigning in December 2005;

· borrowed money over a six-year period from some of the brightest stars of the ANC and business galaxy, much of which he has not paid back;

· asked to be connected to Brett Kebble because he was “desperate for financial help”;

· owed the Rhema Church more than R700,000 when he was asked to resign from his post as the church’s chief executive and spokesman by a full board meeting in 2004.

That was not the end of it. The man who not only bought a Porsche and other expensive cars — so he could keep up appearances — also lived in a R45,000-a-month house, despite being unable to pay the rent, the Sunday Times revealed yesterday.

The ANC knew about this but still appointed him its spokesman last year.

The story of Carl Niehaus is a tragedy foretold. Delivering the Nelson Mandela Memorial Lecture at the University of Witwatersrand on July 29 2006, the then president, Thabo Mbeki, spoke of the ‘‘demons embedded in our society”. His lecture is a towering achievement that should be read by everyone who wants to understand what the ANC is going through today.

I beg to borrow from him: “Thus, every day, and during every hour of our time beyond sleep, the demons embedded in our society, that stalk us at every minute, seem always to beckon each one of us towards a realisable dream and nightmare. With every pa**ing second, they advise, with rhythmic and hypnotic regularity — ‘Get rich! get rich! get rich!’

“And thus has it come about that many of us accept that our common natural instinct to escape from poverty is but the other side of the same coin, on whose reverse side are written the words — ‘At all costs, get rich!’

“In these circumstances, personal wealth, and the public communication of the message that we are people of wealth, becomes, at the same time, the means by which we communicate the message that we are worthy citizens of our community, the very exemplars of what defines the product of a liberated South Africa.

“This peculiar striving produces the particular result that manifestations of wealth, defined in specific ways, determine the individuality of each one of us who seeks to achieve happiness and self-fulfilment, given the liberty that the revolution of 1994 brought to all of us.

“In these circumstances, the meaning of freedom has come to be defined not by the seemingly ethereal and therefore intangible gift of liberty, but by the designer labels on the clothes we wear, the cars we drive, the spaciousness of our houses and our yards, their geographic location, the company we keep, and what we do as part of that company.

“In the event that what I have said has come across as a meaningless ramble, let me state what I have been saying more directly.

“It is perfectly obvious that many in our society, having absorbed the value system of the capitalist market, have come to the conclusion that, for them, personal success and fulfilment means personal enrichment at all costs, and the most theatrical and striking public display of that wealth.

“What this means is that many in our society have come to accept that what is socially correct is not the proverbial expression — ‘Manners maketh the man’ — but the notion that each one of us is as excellent a human being as our demonstrated wealth suggests!”

Mbeki then went on to quote George Soros: “Unsure of what they stand for, people increasingly rely on money as the criterion of value. What is more expensive is considered better … The cult of success has replaced a belief in principles. Society has lost its anchor…”

There are many Carl Niehauses in the ANC leadership. The party, unless it does something dramatic, is finished.

It will win this year’s election, but 2014? And after that?

It is over for the continent’s oldest liberation movement. It is now just another grubby political party.
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up