Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Remixing the Crates vol.2 ...(an MC's Lp)....the OFFICIAL thread.

The CHEF · 527 · 250440

Tuboy

• http://www.reverbnation.com/tuboytulz
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-19
  • my heart is a house nucca, fear don't live here!
    • View Profile
    • www.reverbnation.com/tuboytulz
Dope Cover, i likes!!

im glad, i liked your tracks...i bet you gon love them after you hear what Trompie did to them  ;)like i said before...this is going down in history as a CLa**IC album  :D

Thanks fam now i can't wait to see the final track listing!!
M Turn

TY-D-CPT-021-NKE

• Go tell your mother cause i dont give a f**
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-47
  • "Dont kyk me by the gevriet aka dont judge snitch!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thesamark.co.za/WC-NKE.aspx
all this anticipation is making me smoke more ciggies...more weed and sipping without breathing...i want this !!!!!....wait...did youll do youll own ish on the tracks submitted?...mine?..id like that tho?
people be juding me by the way that i walk even when i talk they say i got swagger like i be from new york..#print that bitches!

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
all this anticipation is making me smoke more ciggies...more weed and sipping without breathing...i want this !!!!!....wait...did youll do youll own ish on the tracks submitted?...mine?..id like that tho?

hahaha, im guessing youl niccas is just gon have to wait and see..... ;D 8)

Soul Amazin'

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-28
  • I got next....
    • View Profile
im afraid you cats are still going to have to wait a bit longer for that one, cos we want to have everything ready before we drop the track list..we planning to do it very very big with this one, MERCH, DISTRIBUTION DEAL, the works, so Trompie and i are trying to follow all the right protocols so as not to get clowned, you know how important the suits like to seem, cats love EXCLUSIVITY!

however, by the time the track list drops, the ALBUM drops too...but the wait wont be long ma nicca, wont be long...   :)

wat are u saying....? Is this gonna be larger than life, wat merchandise is we talking about...?

Is that the final cover on yo sig, it does look better with the "the emcee's lp" under the "Re-Invention" logo....good work guys... ;)

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
peace....very IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT....

we are at the very end of this album....it is set to drop as in yesterday...we just a tad behind schedule because we want everything to be done with acute precision...give credit where credit is due;)

PRODUCERS...

all of the cats that sent beats into this project, Trompie has circulated an email to all of you. the nature of the email wishes to get from you all the info about the beats you sent into the project. im sure by now each of you has both beat packs...about 33+ beats if im not mistaken...now the beats where sent to the emcees in numeral form so as to negate any bias selection of the beats...level the playing field if you will...

now we want to get from the producers which beats they brought into the project and who produced them...as in, did you use any live instrumentations, who else but you produced it...if its all you, thats cool of course...send us the info

(e.g)

Beat 2, 4 & 5 (Produced by San)

beat 12 (Produced by Alias & Jateen Hansje on guitars)

THE EMCEES

to all of you that have tracks you had already recorded, mixed and mastered when you sent them to us...

we NEED you to give us all the information with regard to each track...

(i.e)

Optic Nerve, of Supremacy (Goodnight) Mixed and mastered by DJ Ashley Dee

PM me and if you got the email, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, give us the details as soon as you can so we can DROP this album.... ;)

The CHEF

• CapCity's hard-working producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-14
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bleksperm
Like sand thru the hour gla**...so are the ma**es that await this historic moment!!!!

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

The CHEF

• CapCity's hard-working producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-14
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bleksperm

rob_one

• AG Veteran
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

TY-D-CPT-021-NKE

• Go tell your mother cause i dont give a f**
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-47
  • "Dont kyk me by the gevriet aka dont judge snitch!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thesamark.co.za/WC-NKE.aspx
yo ok im a newbie in the game still teething and crawling...when this mixtape is complete and ready for the ear...how will it be advertised/hustled/promoted/....who will hear this...what can us as emcees featuring on this tape be exposed too...i need to know for myself..
people be juding me by the way that i walk even when i talk they say i got swagger like i be from new york..#print that bitches!

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
yo ok im a newbie in the game still teething and crawling...when this mixtape is complete and ready for the ear...how will it be advertised/hustled/promoted/....who will hear this...what can us as emcees featuring on this tape be exposed too...i need to know for myself..

you ask some pretty relevant questions there Money...well its like this...and this goes out to anyone who might have the same concerns...rightfully so of course.

first and foremost, when we decided to embark on this project the primary aim was to do something with and for the pool of talent we a**umed existed here on the Africasgateway website, the intention being to a**emble something for us as the patrones of the site, bring the emcees as well as the producers together on one record...but as time pa**ed, it became apparent that not all who call themselves emcees here really do spit, but as always the PRODUCERS steped up and helped us along... :-\

what that meant was that we had to abandon (partially perhaps, in pursuit of another avenue) the original idea to market the album fully here on the site using, say the overhead banner or other flyers you see when you open the site, we couldn't call the album an "africasgateway" mixtape when we have only a handful of cats on it as representation of emcees here, its not statistically relevant in that way (cos we all know the hacklers are gon bicker about being left out and what not)... :-\

so for fear of revealing too much too soon, let me just say, on the success of the Re-Invention VOL 1 alone, we were fortunate enough to find people in right positions in their various media fields who liked the offering and the work put into it...by that i mean, we have connections with international blog owners, international & local magazine reviewers/ editors, radio station DJs and various groups on production as well as other hiphop forums that have worked with us before on other projects (the INSPIRATION: pieces of our broken mind LP for eg) and loved what we did, so they fully on board.

basically, the formal marketing and distribution of the record will be handled by AUDIBLE BRAILE ENTERTAINMENT as well as SIAMESE ENTERTAINMENT, that will involve running around radio stations, getting them to give our album a bump, the manufacturing of merchandise (T shirts with the cover on em etc) to promote the album at various events like shows, hiphop workshops etc (and mind you, this is all coming from our own pockets)

between myself, Alias and Trompie i a**ure you, the connections we have to push this album to the heights it deserves are already in place, we are still in negotiations with more outlets (stores). however for fear of speaking too soon, i cant really say more on this matter...what you should trust is this...we have put all our energy, time, finances and effort into this (as we are sure you have) and the last thing we are to do is sit back and watch it gather dust....its going to get the due coverage  :)

but we should remember that it is after all a MIXTAPE, and unlike other DJ/ Producer mixtapes its not one man's album but a collaborative effort choreographed by myself and Trompie. with that said, it should dawn to YOU, as the EMCEE or individual PRODUCER that if you want people to check for the work you put in on the album, you will also have to do your part, tell people about it, once it drops and all the information about where people can find it drops, pa** that on as well, lets create the necessary snowball effect, after all, word of mouth is still the most reliablee source of pa**ing on information...

Re-Invention VOL 1 dropped last year, but for those who are not in the KNOW, it is still making mad moves to this day, more information will be coming your way about that...if anything, itl be inspiration and affirmation of what i said here today, we push an album to the fullest degree, it will keep making moves 10 years from now, thats ma word...our music is timeless...the same goes for what we are creating here ;)

hope that answers your question................

rob_one

• AG Veteran
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
Last time I checked, Pieces of Our Broken Mind was popping up on weird Japanese blogs and getting major respect. I still take my hat off to anybody that can conceive a project and see it all the way through, in a timely fashion, with high quality. So big props.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
Last time I checked, Pieces of Our Broken Mind was popping up on weird Japanese blogs and getting major respect. I still take my hat off to anybody that can conceive a project and see it all the way through, in a timely fashion, with high quality. So big props.

:D....on the strength...peace ROB!

and to all the skeptics, hehehe...GOOGLE US, nah for real, i mean it...check for us on the net, all those blogs that are hosting our album are gon be hosting the Re-Invention VOL 2 as well ;), told ya, didnt want to say much, but hey....:

inspiration: pieces of our broken mind

check out for the Re-Invention VOL 2 dropping soon on BEATBOXRARIOshow.blogspot.com, one of the most respected hiphop blogs out there right now....

so yeah...the proof is in the Blogging...hehehehe :)

lyrical mastermind

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-3
  • LYRICAL MASTERMINDS
    • View Profile