Africasgateway.com

Gang Rape - The videogame

Anna Sasin

• Silencer of Strumpets
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +8/-7
    • View Profile
True
But to know that you live in a society that is so indifferent to your experience that such video games are in circulation and are being defended as a way to prevent the very act they depict.
We've degenerated to the point of not seeing the impact on the collective consciousness of glorifying a sick act in this way.ITS GANG RAPE...
Maybe I'm just idealistic,and this game probably isn't the first or worst of its kind
And you're right the fundamental problem is with people themselves, that they would have the urge to buy it
And I suppose with things as they are,that can't be helped,because with all the theories on what constitutes morality and what causes destructive behaviour and all the different theories on a way forward,things like this slip under the cracks with no-one having fully absorbed the consequences.
Time will tell...
You are your best thing! - Toni Morrison (Beloved)

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile

BHLAKHROZE

• A POETRY OF LIVING
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-17
    • View Profile
sick as this is, it's just a videogame.

do their beat our rape statistics?

Exactly. Our country is always up in arms over small shit, yet we have the highest rape stats in the world. Higher than countries like JApan, Sweden and the Netherlands, where this kind of thing is an everyday sight.

We prefer to keep our perversions repressed and they come out in the worst ways.

i still disagree with this. and it isnt even in the line of all the things youve outlined along the continued discussion on this thread. good for those countries though quite frankly i dont envy it. i dont think i aspire to live in such a society.

ill say this tentatively coz its actually a whole other discussion but there are just some things you guys need to understand with a wider frame of reference. i feel there needs to be an understanding and a willingness on the part of men with regards to some stuff. its not of reason. 

i think if it means one is sexually repressed to have a problem with having to engage with such, then im sexually repressed.
- soul activist. poet. flower. fairy -

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
To sit there creating such sick shyt, hour after hour and then putting a price on it - manic. what are the stats for purchases?
There are sick things in this world, to encourage them in a pleasurable form it's just always been baffled me.  Why? War. Violence. Abuse... etcetera all readily packaged to enter your psyche just give us ur money and flex ur thumbs. after all it's just a game... :(

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
no one agrees with this.

(though im sure a few wouldnt mind giving it a test run out of 'curiosity')

the point is to not lose perspective and get outraged over a bunch of pixels in japan while somebody could be getting raped right now in the house behind you as we speak.

the stats certainly speak for it.

there are people as we would wish them to be morally and then there are people as we see them in action.

i only ever consider the latter because what matters to me is violence against people not abstract ideas of morality which - through squabbling - can actually stand in the way of preventing harm.

as much as i resent these pictures i can forget about them as soon as i log off. not so with knowing many who have actually been through the trauma of rape.

i dont think this is so much an issue about men but a general failure on our part as human beings, our cultures, our customs, our ways of governance. . .everything we've touched.

even the children we've now taken to killing.

there is no 'they' and 'us'.

we are all responsible to some extent.

we should acknowledge this. and then take practical measures towards the simple goal of protecting bodies from violence.

Waylander

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-5
  • Eat shit and die, f***nutz!!
    • View Profile
    • check this shit out... its for your own good... beleive me..
This is just a game, get over it..

some ppl r hypocrites... They can listen to and sing along to violent(sick) music, then turn around and watch violent(sick) movies... and as you participate in the game by playing it, i can argue tht u participate in the music and muvies by paying for them, thereby letting the powers tht be knw tht u njy tht sht, and u wouldnt mind paying for more... then a game comes out and suddenly u start pulling tht moralistic bullshit... we all hypocrites... we njy certain shit in a certain format, but refuse to take it in the other...

do u think abt negativ influence when u let your 12 year old brother watch rambo cutting ppl in half with an AK?
do u think abt negativ influence when u let your 12 year old brother listen to snoop narrating drive-by stories and making tht sht sound cool?
do u think abt negativ influence when u let your 12 year old brother listen to nelly telling chicks they need a tip-drill?

if u r guilty of any of the above, then get off  your f***ing high-horse...

this is just a game, get over it.. 

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
This is just a game, get over it..

some ppl r hypocrites... They can listen to and sing along to violent(sick) music, then turn around and watch violent(sick) movies... and as you participate in the game by playing it, i can argue tht u participate in the music and muvies by paying for them, thereby letting the powers tht be knw tht u njy tht sht, and u wouldnt mind paying for more... then a game comes out and suddenly u start pulling tht moralistic bullshit... we all hypocrites... we njy certain shit in a certain format, but refuse to take it in the other...

do u think abt negativ influence when u let your 12 year old brother watch rambo cutting ppl in half with an AK?
do u think abt negativ influence when u let your 12 year old brother listen to snoop narrating drive-by stories and making tht sht sound cool?
do u think abt negativ influence when u let your 12 year old brother listen to nelly telling chicks they need a tip-drill?

if u r guilty of any of the above, then get off  your f***ing high-horse...

this is just a game, get over it.. 

I kind of have the same opinion as you on this but I think the real problem here is the context. Action movie heroes kill ppl in the name of saving the world in extremely violent ways most of the time that are made to look cool in the movies. I can watch some it. but really now, gang rape?? in what context can one make it look so cool that its generally accepted as just a game. Its a disgusting game.

Im not saying it shouldn’t be allowed to be available on the market i wouldn’t mind if it didn’t exist. Its a matter of personal taste i cannot speak on how it would influence the society because i don’t really know. Its a sick and disgusting form of entertainment.

Raping high school virgins? Just a game? Come bro.

iamBakdraft

• Bakdraft
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-8
  • I'mmo gets mine...
    • View Profile
    • Iambakdraft's Blogspot
I think this came was released to create some hype for this House of Illusion company, coz as much as I think this game is inappropriate they wanted people to talk about this we are probably one of thousands of blogs that are commenting about this game..... this is what they wanted and they have it.... I bet you I will have the game pretty some it will be available on the net soon.....