maggz

Myth · 121 · 41054

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
I'm not attackin you here but I think you view of how "African" hip hop sppsed to be nowadays is only confined to your understanding which is "originality" that you keep talkin ala' your konfabs, sharpa etc, let's be real wether we like it or not the interned has made us more global in one way or the other if Sharpa is gettin love in europe then good looks for him, but to keep on coming with this old skool keep real ish...(disguised as originality) puttin down S.A artist who are trying to be global in their craft is plain hate.

@Ruthless "YOUR MAMA"

when did i mention keeping it real or old skool? I don't care what style of hip hop you do, you still have to come with something original and fresh.

Myth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-16
    • View Profile
Co-sign. Seems like it's mainly P-UNIT/Cape Town artists who are "original" in D's eyez. If your tryin to do BOOM-BAP your stuck in 90's. You doing CRUNK, your copying the latest trends. But if your doing that non-sensical spaced out shit your not immitating DEF JUX, your just being innovative.Oh, and ELECTRO is cool . Kasi rap is cool too, cos Prokid has done it, and done it well  ::)

true
its possible to take the art of making music seriously without taking yourself seriously

www.myspace.com/mythbeats101

ProVerb

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +13/-22
  • Write of Pa**age Out May 18th!!!
    • View Profile
    • ProVerb Music
so what are you saying, D? that Maggz is dope or wack? he's bringing it or he needs more people? and he sounds way the f*** more American than Ben Sharpa. :)

I've said it all above. I think Maggz is a talented artist. However, I think his album is slightly disappointing for the reasons I mentioned above.

I wonder who our most American-sounding rapper in SA is? :)

That'll make a for an interesting topic, I don't mind an accent on an mc it's when they use too much ebonyx or slang that it really sounds like overkill.

yes, its funny Mr Canibus oh sorry, Proverb....its funny u say that, coz if u ask me, u is a prime example of SA rapper with an Accent for days.....

ps. atleast Maggz aint biting off Canibus the rhyming tarantula....

eish lerata ntwa neh!!
Write of Pa**age out Now!!!

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
I'm not attackin you here but I think you view of how "African" hip hop sppsed to be nowadays is only confined to your understanding which is "originality" that you keep talkin ala' your konfabs, sharpa etc,

Co-sign. Seems like it's mainly P-UNIT/Cape Town artists who are "original" in D's eyez. If your tryin to do BOOM-BAP your stuck in 90's. You doing CRUNK, your copying the latest trends. But if your doing that non-sensical spaced out shit your not immitating DEF JUX, your just being innovative.Oh, and ELECTRO is cool . Kasi rap is cool too, cos Prokid has done it, and done it well  ::)

Hahah,, nice name change, Mr Two Teams :)

I never said or implied any of that shit. Now you're hating. I've already said i think Maggz is a dope artist, i just think all the T-Pain / Akon shit isn't doing him any favours because it's played out.

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
so what are you saying, D? that Maggz is dope or wack? he's bringing it or he needs more people? and he sounds way the f*** more American than Ben Sharpa. :)

I've said it all above. I think Maggz is a talented artist. However, I think his album is slightly disappointing for the reasons I mentioned above.

I wonder who our most American-sounding rapper in SA is? :)

That'll make a for an interesting topic, I don't mind an accent on an mc it's when they use too much ebonyx or slang that it really sounds like overkill.

yes, its funny Mr Canibus oh sorry, Proverb....its funny u say that, coz if u ask me, u is a prime example of SA rapper with an Accent for days.....

ps. atleast Maggz aint biting off Canibus the rhyming tarantula....

eish lerata ntwa neh!!

ha ha ha

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile

Hahah,, nice name change, Mr Two Teams :)

;D ;D

I never said or implied any of that shit. Now you're hating. I've already said i think Maggz is a dope artist, i just think all the T-Pain / Akon shit isn't doing him any favours because it's played out.

Well that's the way it always comes out D. And you have previously said things like "People who do Boom Bap are caught up in the Golden Era,yadayada".U might not have said those things directly in this thread, but you are always implying them.Everybody gets the impression that what you and your artists do is better than what everyone else is doing,it's fresh and original and putting down what other artists choose to rep.

Or am i wrong people ?

and LOL @ Proverb.I guess i can officially say "Welcome to AG".
 ;D

@ panic - it means people like starting shit. ntwa = war actually.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

Trinidad-Hux

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +16/-18
    • View Profile
Its a shame that the likes of Bongz were critisized when Jozi came with muthaland crunk and is now seen as just copy cats when they do what is popular at the moment....

Anyway back to Maggz, im digging that kas'laam track is raw.. the chorus is just to nice

Me too.
quot;Don't take shots if you ain't usin a handgun"

Trinidad-Hux

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +16/-18
    • View Profile
I'm not attackin you here but I think you view of how "African" hip hop sppsed to be nowadays is only confined to your understanding which is "originality" that you keep talkin ala' your konfabs, sharpa etc,

LOL... Yeah, you have to have worked with D to get props out of him.
quot;Don't take shots if you ain't usin a handgun"

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
He's living in Atlanta at the moment primarily because he's got an album deal with Sony, but also because he doesn't believe the American sound will ever get him anywhere in SA (and won't be taken seriously outside of SA).

Really?! Wow! Hmm... I haven't heard about that, who is he working with? I am not in the A at the moment, but you think someone I know would have hit me up about this, considering how much I run off the lip about you guys in SA, I know a lot of people in A-Town and nobody has told me anything about this... (gets on his phone and starts calling some folks, to see what is really going down)

@ Kashal-T = Jozi performed in Panama City, a small tourist pit on the Florida panhandle, Panama is a country in Central America, I know you probably know this,... but yeah, wonder how that went.

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +18/-23
    • View Profile
    • blog

LOL... Yeah, you have to have worked with D to get props out of him.

haha, u guys mara
"your real calibre is measured by your consideration and tolerance of others"

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
D, if you had listened to Pastor Manning you would have known this was coming. he's been telling yall on how quick black folk can turn their back on you. all these niggas was down with you. look at them know. lol

Msanii_XL

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
  • Africa Dreaming....
    • View Profile
    • http://beneathdasurface.com/
D, if you had listened to Pastor Manning you would have known this was coming. he's been telling yall on how quick black folk can turn their back on you. all these niggas was down with you. look at them know. lol

:D :D so much potential use this "alias" wisely....
BNTS
Listening to
Curren$Y- The Jet files...
Meyer Hawthorne-Strange arrangement
Washed outLife of leisure

Alcohol Abuser

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +13/-14
    • View Profile

You shut your fake phd mouth up, aint nobody is against D here if "originality and fresh" means Rattex invented spaza then I rest my case.
"Let them toxins in this liquor, squeeze the life outta this poor liver of mine " AA