Africasgateway.com

APPALOOSA

oints · 5 · 2262

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
how come no one here has even mentioned this film...ED Harris is at it again, and this time he is meaner than ever...just finished watching this and all i have to say is OMG :o :o :o

dont know why but although its a Western, the opening scenes and the desert scenes had me thinking about No country for Old Men. its a very very good film to watch if you want to escape from the mafia flicks, hitman/jason bourne story lines...

"bad a**" at its best!!!!!  8)

Msanii_XL

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
  • Africa Dreaming....
    • View Profile
    • http://beneathdasurface.com/
had high expectations...but ehh, drama ish.

Open range (Costner and robert duvall) gullier than this.
BNTS
Listening to
Curren$Y- The Jet files...
Meyer Hawthorne-Strange arrangement
Washed outLife of leisure

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
had high expectations...but ehh, drama ish.

Open range (Costner and robert duvall) gullier than this.

i hear u, i hear u...it does have its slow moments. but there is something genuine about the acting, its smart to me, doesnt feel fictitious  :)

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
A few disappointments but i did enjoy it. Duvall and Ed Harris are my kinda dudes. Have you checked out "History of Violence" Ed Harris steals the show as a villain there. I only noticed yesterday that Duvall was in the Godfather movie he was Godfather's right hand man, he was young then i never took notice.

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
A few disappointments but i did enjoy it. Duvall and Ed Harris are my kinda dudes. Have you checked out "History of Violence" Ed Harris steals the show as a villain there. I only noticed yesterday that Duvall was in the Godfather movie he was Godfather's right hand man, he was young then i never took notice.

Checked out the history of violence...too too nice, liked him there too, liked him here with harris...the thing about the movie, i think it explained purpose and lack there of, some people are driven by having responsibility towards something or some one, or even some ideal...Harris' character was a "law man", thats what he did and everything aside he did it to the fullest of his capability, for me it is inspiring to have that kind of sense of purpose and clarity towards how you view life and your place in it...

the line that killed me is when Harris' deputy asks him "do you care for her?.." Harris then says something to the fact of "right now there is something that is running loose and it is our job to catch it, thats all i care about right now, when we find that and find her in the process, i will care about her too"....

i mean he cared about the female protagonist, some might even say he loved her...but not as much as what he believed unquestionably had to be done, and that is to keep peace!

turned out he put his money on the right horse cos we all know what a reliable bet the woman was ::)

Purpose jack!