Reason Rewire to cubase

The Kritik

• The Kritik
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-0
  • Respect is what you have to earn
    • View Profile
Reason and Cubase lovers......

Ok! thanx to Oints im on Reason 4 now but i jst to complicate it alot more i've rewired it to cubase.....this is coz i lurv applying my Wave plugins to spicen my beats...so i managed to edit reason sounds on cubase while still running reason at the same time..but my main reason of opening this page was to find out how you record the wired channels from reason onto cubase... ???  ???  ???  ???

if there are any sound engineers/ anyone who knows how to do this please help out... :-[

The KWEDZA HOD

• Producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +23/-26
    • View Profile
    • Rebbi Muzik
i think you might have to ask oints direct about that, as far as i know he is a reason head head and i think he the one ontop off all of us here who are on reason. Otherwise i would advice you make youtube your best friend from now on.

DaT NiGGa P-DuB

• www.25tolyf.com
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +14/-18
  • Grrrrrrrrindin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/djpeeweeproductionz
What up Phill...

yeah i was trying to figure out the same this weekend.....

i found that i couldnt get the cubase the individual mixer tracks in cubase. coz i also wanted to put in the waves and efx in them? have u managed? and one question. do u remove all or individual tracks from the reason mixer to the audio outputs at the top of the rack???

The Kritik

• The Kritik
  • AG Regular
    • View Profile
I dont think oints does rewire.....plus trust me ive tried youtube....
i know there is a method of doing this but most cat learn it from school......thats what i know....c'mon.....there's gotta be alot of reason users up int this spot....
 :-\  :-\

The Kritik

• The Kritik
  • AG Regular
    • View Profile
What up Phill...

yeah i was trying to figure out the same this weekend.....

i found that i couldnt get the cubase the individual mixer tracks in cubase. coz i also wanted to put in the waves and efx in them? have u managed? and one question. do u remove all or individual tracks from the reason mixer to the audio outputs at the top of the rack???

yeah! thats what i did....

The standard rack for Reason comes with a 14:2 mixer built-in. However, when using Rewire it makes more sense to remove this mixer and route the outputs of your devices directly into the hardware interface instead. This means that all your mixing can be done in the cubase mixer.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 02:09:39 PM by The Kritik »

The KWEDZA HOD

• Producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Rebbi Muzik
Doubt there is that much here. Ask kundai to ask around by his cla**, might have a couple of kats in there who have done this

The Kritik

• The Kritik
  • AG Regular
    • View Profile
alil tutorial on how to do the rewiring of cubase and Reason....
To Reason and cubase lovers on AG...

How the ReWire channels are handled in Cubase SX

When you activate ReWire channels in the ReWire Device panels, they will become available as channel strips in the Mixer. The ReWire channel strips have the following properties:

* ReWire channels appear to the right of the track-based (audio and MIDI) channel strips.
* ReWire channels may be any combination of mono and stereo.
* ReWire channels have the same functionality as regular audio channels.
This means you can set volume and pan, add EQ, insert and send effects and route the channel outputs to Groups or Buses. All settings can be automated using the Read/Write functions.

Preparations for routing audio from Reason

When you route audio from Reason to Cubase SX, you make use of the Hardware Interface at the top of the rack. Basically, each output in the Hardware Interface is connected to a separate ReWire channel. Therefore:

* To take full advantage of the mixing features in Cubase SX you need to connect the different Reason devices directly to the Hardware Interface.

For example, if your Reason Song contains eight different instrument devices and you connect these to separate inputs on the Hardware Interface, they will appear on separate ReWire channels in the Cubase SX Mixer. You can then use the mixing facilities in Cubase SX to adjust volume and pan, add effects and equalizing etc. - individually for each Reason device!
If you instead connect all your Reason devices via a Mixer to the stereo input pair on the Hardware Interface, all sounds will appear mixed on a single ReWire stereo channel pair. While this works perfectly fine, you won't be able to mix and process the devices separately in Cubase SX.

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
unfortunatly left rewire soon after i discovered that the best way to exploit that function was to have nice midi controller... :'(

but im still keen on learning more about it...nice notes Phil, ima pick this up for surelyyyyyyy....oh and check your PM ma niggg :)

The Kritik

• The Kritik
  • AG Regular
    • View Profile
unfortunatly left rewire soon after i discovered that the best way to exploit that function was to have nice midi controller... :'(

but im still keen on learning more about it...nice notes Phil, ima pick this up for surelyyyyyyy....oh and check your PM ma niggg :)

any time.....bro!  :D  :D  :D

The KWEDZA HOD

• Producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Rebbi Muzik
been also tryin to get at reason for a certain effect i wanted, but after readin some of this i noticed that there is more to it now. Im gettin interested more and more.

philla please pa** a nicca some notes, can you do it via PM as i wanna get at you also for something else.

ONE

Myth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-16
    • View Profile
from FL to Reason >> Sellout
its possible to take the art of making music seriously without taking yourself seriously

www.myspace.com/mythbeats101

The KWEDZA HOD

• Producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Rebbi Muzik

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile

The KWEDZA HOD

• Producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Rebbi Muzik
from FL to Reason >> Sellout
just paying San a visit mate, will be back.

ahh, somehow i dont think so, look at what happened to Philip hehehehehehe :D
LOL. Nicca don't expose.
this kat