Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Hype April/May

K9 tha Pedigree

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +11/-2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.google.com
Very dissapointing according to me, Ludacris is on the cover which is dope, I love the Luda feature, the mixtape is very wack, it has been like that for a while now.
@ mizi 1 request could you turn the mixtapes back into compilations, coz when the dj scratches he f***s up the track, like the track with Anvils and loose cannon its a super hot joint but the damn dj scratch through the whole Nveigh verse like What ht f*** nigga, you cant even hear what Nveigh is saying.
But big up on the mag tho
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 06:34:07 AM by K9 tha Pedigree »
9 tha Pedigree

yak

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-1
    • View Profile

Tuboy

• http://www.reverbnation.com/tuboytulz
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-19
  • my heart is a house nucca, fear don't live here!
    • View Profile
    • www.reverbnation.com/tuboytulz

dat dude who happens to rap!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-12
    • View Profile
If Im not mistake DJ KGB mixed the hype mixtape! And

I Cosign with K9 Please rather make it a compilation.

OG Beezak

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +6/-16
  • uMlazi--- keep hustling
    • View Profile
Some Russian duke named KGB mixed that ish. Comment on his mixing----------didn't like it at all----cos duke messed with some good quality songs--------cos you know, songs like, for instance, Them Not Stop demand you to listen proper. And duke was just cutting that ish---no pattern or what so ever----more like a gimmick mix (sorry- dissappointment speaking). Some songs were oaky. New artists as well, which is cool----but some sound like dukes I've heard before---e.g. Absoloot or smth sounds like Molly (that duke on tha Ngizon'bona Later/Superman track). Botswana cats came out nice on that Nthumele.... Razza did his thing as well. Didn't dig the sound on 'em Architypes.

Overall Mixtape = Wack----------however, there's some good songs in there----the DJ just f***ed 'em up (Didn't you here when Big Shug was sayin' Let the Music Play on that Primo prod.).

CD Cover = I guess we were on some Russian Warfare tip, i.e. The Commanders, captain, and the biological warfare match.

And what's up with throwing 8 in the air-----hahaha---S.A gangsters is gonna murk his a**. Hahaha, just f***in' around

Mixtape standards set before were a bit higher....me thanks....need to raise the par....or stick to the original formular
Straight outta Mzilayi. It's that code 031 baby
              Hip Hop till 'am 75. Gcwala

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Some Russian duke named KGB mixed that ish. Comment on his mixing----------didn't like it at all----cos duke messed with some good quality songs--------cos you know, songs like, for instance, Them Not Stop demand you to listen proper. And duke was just cutting that ish---no pattern or what so ever----more like a gimmick mix (sorry- dissappointment speaking). Some songs were oaky. New artists as well, which is cool----but some sound like dukes I've heard before---e.g. Absoloot or smth sounds like Molly (that duke on tha Ngizon'bona Later/Superman track). Botswana cats came out nice on that Nthumele.... Razza did his thing as well. Didn't dig the sound on 'em Architypes.

Overall Mixtape = Wack----------however, there's some good songs in there----the DJ just f***ed 'em up (Didn't you here when Big Shug was sayin' Let the Music Play on that Primo prod.).

CD Cover = I guess we were on some Russian Warfare tip, i.e. The Commanders, captain, and the biological warfare match.

And what's up with throwing 8 in the air-----hahaha---S.A gangsters is gonna murk his a**. Hahaha, just f***in' around

Mixtape standards set before were a bit higher....me thanks....need to raise the par....or stick to the original formula

I cant really blame hype mag for this one! They have gone through possible all the DJ's out there! think about it kenzero, soosh, Bionic, P-kuttah, The Cutt, Humma, Ready D, Switch, Raiko, Papercut, Nyambo, sorry if I forgot anyone but yeah! Dj's better step up and show us what you got!

Normally the international covers and main interviews are far more informative than the local ones for example the lil wayne cover story was excellent the writing was on the same level as xxl so Im going to put my money and say the luda cover must me good! Consider one copy Sold ;)

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Just off the top of my head... DJ Eazy, DJ Azhul, DJ Codax, DJ E-20, Nastie Ed, DJ Sibot, Mad Fingaz, Big Dre?...

That's about 2 years worth of DJs for Hype.

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Just off the top of my head... DJ Eazy, DJ Azhul, DJ Codax, DJ E-20, Nastie Ed, DJ Sibot, Mad Fingaz, Big Dre?...

That's about 2 years worth of DJs for Hype.'

Cosign

The above list looks good!

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +16/-8
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nyambo

That's about 2 years worth of DJs for Hype.

Co Siggy

Dj Klinikal?
Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!

yak

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-1
    • View Profile
word.  a Big Dre mixtape would be nice

Hip Hop Fan

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +7/-8
    • View Profile
Hype is spreading alot at least in southern africa...there is need to have more stories/interviews on what is happening in other countries and it wouldnt hurt to have a couple of hype sessions of non s.a artists, you need to know what is happening beyond s.a borders...

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Hype is spreading alot at least in southern africa...there is need to have more stories/interviews on what is happening in other countries and it wouldnt hurt to have a couple of hype sessions of non s.a artists, you need to know what is happening beyond s.a borders...

I think SA hip hop is underrepresented enough already. I'm not keen on giving up valuable space to non-SA artists. I already resent Luda taking our space.

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
I think SA hip hop is underrepresented enough already.

extremely.

i get what you're saying, ZedHipHopFan, but Hype isn't nearly rounded or complete enough to take that onto its shoulders. maybe it might seem that way, but really, it's far from the truth.

but this raises another interesting question. how much general interest is there in SA when it comes to hip hop outside our borders? 

im willing to stick my neck out and say very little.

Hip Hop Fan

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile

I think SA hip hop is underrepresented enough already. I'm not keen on giving up valuable space to non-SA artists. I already resent Luda taking our space.

True, I get your point...the powers that be at Hype should put up S.A artists more in the spotlight and give other 'African Hip Hop' acts their space...if you feel underrepresented,then you can only imagine what the rest of Africa feels! We get the magazine,and know what goes on over there, what is the use of exporting?Why have a inward industry...lets build/collab and spread it across the continent and diaspora...otherwise its worth a try, I know the buyers want Luda! but why not empower local acts by showing that they are just as glamarous and talented!

Hip Hop Fan

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
I think SA hip hop is underrepresented enough already.

extremely.

i get what you're saying, ZedHipHopFan, but Hype isn't nearly rounded or complete enough to take that onto its shoulders. maybe it might seem that way, but really, it's far from the truth.

but this raises another interesting question. how much general interest is there in SA when it comes to hip hop outside our borders? 

im willing to stick my neck out and say very little.

yeah,i get the capacity part...but you would be surprised when it comes to the interest!I.e in Zambia,we have this perception that the s.a hip hop industry is collosal and everyone is doing fine...which it is in comparison to ours...I think there is need to do a bit of a survey on that, will get back to you!