Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Hype April/May

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile

Everyone else is on this thread complaining about how KGB f***ed up the tracks on the Hype CD by scratching all over them. How come you don't jump on their backs telling them to stop bitching and be grateful?

Im not saying people should not complain. And i agree with them.The scratching was WACK. You just seem to complain all the time. Say thanks @ times, show some love. Stop trying to put down everything about SA. That's all you ever do.The SAMA's, the ACCENT's, people choosing to do the music they do, HYPE, EVERYTHING dude. U GOT A PROBLEM WITH EVERYTHING.like all of this here you really could have just ignored. It was a good review @ the end of the day. That's what people will look @. I don't think the "FACTS" that you say have been misconstrued will have an effect on how people look @ the album. The consequences are not that huge,so is it really worth it going six pages deep and u and T going @ it like u are ?  Ya'll both need each other in this game as far as i am concerned and ya'll are straining ya'll's relationship over petty little "NOTHINGS". WORTH IT ? I don't know.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 10:32:40 AM by MrTwoTeams »
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

Alcohol Abuser

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +13/-14
    • View Profile

Everyone else is on this thread complaining about how KGB f***ed up the tracks on the Hype CD by scratching all over them. How come you don't jump on their backs telling them to stop bitching and be grateful?

Im not saying people should not complain. And i agree with them.The scratching was WACK. You just seem to complain all the time. Say thanks @ times, show some love. Stop trying to put down everything about SA. That's all you ever do.The SAMA's, the ACCENT's, people choosing to do the music they do, HYPE, EVERYTHING dude. U GOT A PROBLEM WITH EVERYTHING.like all of this here you really could have just ignored. It was a good review @ the end of the day. That's what people will look @. I don't think the "FACTS" that you say have been misconstrued will have an effect on how people look @ the album. The consequences are not that huge,so is it really worth it going six pages deep and u and T going @ it like u supposed to ? Ya'll both need each other in this game as far as i am concerned and ya'll are straining ya'll's relationship over petty little "NOTHINGS". WORTH IT ? I don't know.

110% motherfcukin CO-SIGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Let them toxins in this liquor, squeeze the life outta this poor liver of mine " AA

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

Im not saying people should not complain. And i agree with them.The scratching was WACK. You just seem to complain all the time. Say thanks @ times, show some love. Stop trying to put down everything about SA. That's all you ever do.The SAMA's, the ACCENT's, people choosing to do the music they do, HYPE, EVERYTHING dude. U GOT A PROBLEM WITH EVERYTHING.like all of this here you really could have just ignored. It was a good review @ the end of the day. That's what people will look @. I don't think the "FACTS" that you say have been misconstrued will have an effect on how people look @ the album. The consequences are not that huge,so is it really worth it going six pages deep and u and T going @ it like u supposed to ? Ya'll both need each other in this game as far as i am concerned and ya'll are straining ya'll's relationship over petty little "NOTHINGS". WORTH IT ? I don't know.

Come on man,,, you're losing the plot. I love SA hip hop more than any other hip hop in the world! I love SA too, that's why I live here! We're all on here to express our opinions - just like you're doing now.

This thing is only going 6 pages deep because cats keep complaining that I shouldn't complain! :)

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile

is it really little (and thats a question)

as a label head that needs to sell a cd...

if a review made by a magazine says your product is one thing and it aint (which gives the wrong impression and potentially cost him a few potrential album buyers in the process) is he not in the right to seek it be corrected...

Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

t2da

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-10
    • View Profile

is it really little (and thats a question)

as a label head that needs to sell a cd...

if a review made by a magazine says your product is one thing and it aint (which gives the wrong impression and potentially cost him a few potrential album buyers in the process) is he not in the right to seek it be corrected...

well music is all about how u hear something and my review is based on that. so must i write according to whoes ears? mine or the record label maybe D PLANET can explain and school me since i dont know much about the industry....

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +19/-16
    • View Profile

You just seem to complain all the time. Say thanks @ times, show some love. Stop trying to put down everything about SA. That's all you ever do.The SAMA's, the ACCENT's, people choosing to do the music they do, HYPE, EVERYTHING dude. U GOT A PROBLEM WITH EVERYTHING.

WORD!
"How can I stay anonymous, when it's my job to be famous?"

Trinidad-Hux

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +16/-18
    • View Profile
TwoTeams is right. Dplanet, you complain about everything. The review didn't damage Sharpa's cred. No need to be salty. Pioneer Unit is doing good things, quit majoring on minors and live happily ever after. Otherwise send all your artists' releases to 'Europe' for review. They might do a better job than the SA journalists.   
quot;Don't take shots if you ain't usin a handgun"

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
D, do u think think cla**ifying Sharpa as BOOM BAP could cost him potential clients ? Sharpa is quite a old school rapper in SA, just looking @ how long he's been doing it right ? So his following are really people that have been exposed to BOOM BAP. Will they not buy the album cos one person say's it BOOM BAP ? After all the wait ? And an overall good review at that ? Will he loose out on new fans cos it's being cla**ified as BOOM BAP ? Why is this such a big deal ?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 10:51:53 AM by MrTwoTeams »
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
D, do u think think cla**ifying Sharpa as BOOM BAP could cost him potential clients ? Sharpa is quite a old school rapper in SA, just looking @ how long he's been doing it right ? So his following are really people that have been exposed to BOOM BAP. Will they not buy the album cos one person say's it BOOM BAP ? After all the wait ? And an overall good review at that ? Will he loose out on new fans cos it's being cla**ified as BOOM BAP ? Why is this such a big deal ?

i think D would be better placed to answer that.

all im saying is that he feels the review may have been misinterpreting. what the implications are he only knows, but he is in the right to seek it corrected thats all. whether he "always complains" is a totally different argument of which i have no opinion on.
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

dat dude who happens to rap!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-12
    • View Profile

Im not saying people should not complain. And i agree with them.The scratching was WACK. You just seem to complain all the time. Say thanks @ times, show some love. Stop trying to put down everything about SA. That's all you ever do.The SAMA's, the ACCENT's, people choosing to do the music they do, HYPE, EVERYTHING dude. U GOT A PROBLEM WITH EVERYTHING.like all of this here you really could have just ignored. It was a good review @ the end of the day. That's what people will look @. I don't think the "FACTS" that you say have been misconstrued will have an effect on how people look @ the album. The consequences are not that huge,so is it really worth it going six pages deep and u and T going @ it like u are ?  Ya'll both need each other in this game as far as i am concerned and ya'll are straining ya'll's relationship over petty little "NOTHINGS". WORTH IT ? I don't know.

I cosign as well!

@D you still havent answered my question! "If Hype is nothing more than a disease of smallpox then why are you wasting your time submitting articles and the rest? Yes Fungayi was editor at that time but shots were taken at hype magazine specifically!

Im sorry to say this but D you really do have double standards! If your artist doesnt grace the cover or doesnt get a good review you breaking into tears, Come on dude! You want 5 stars then make a cla**ic record period!

Alcohol Abuser

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +13/-14
    • View Profile
 this thread should be deleted >:(
"Let them toxins in this liquor, squeeze the life outta this poor liver of mine " AA

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

I cosign as well!

@D you still havent answered my question! "If Hype is nothing more than a disease of smallpox then why are you wasting your time submitting articles and the rest? Yes Fungayi was editor at that time but shots were taken at hype magazine specifically!

Im sorry to say this but D you really do have double standards! If your artist doesnt grace the cover or doesnt get a good review you breaking into tears, Come on dude! You want 5 stars then make a cla**ic record period!

Are you being willfully ignorant?...

I have answered your question. I said that line was from a diss track aimed at Fungayi who was the editor of Hype magazine at the time. I support Hype magazine 100% now that Mizi is in charge. It's a very simple concept to understand. I don't know why you're trying to stir shit up - oh, I forgot, you're a journalist ;)

Anyway,,, good luck to all of you that support journalists being able to write whatever they want.

Tuboy

• http://www.reverbnation.com/tuboytulz
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-19
  • my heart is a house nucca, fear don't live here!
    • View Profile
    • www.reverbnation.com/tuboytulz
I've been hearing about this Chicken Hawks track and i've never heard it  :-[ D you mind sharing  ;D
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 11:45:48 AM by Mr Khwalo »
M Turn

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +19/-16
    • View Profile
I've been hearing about this Chicken Hawks track and i've never heard it  :-[ D you mind sharing  ;D

PLEASE!!! i aint heard it neither
"How can I stay anonymous, when it's my job to be famous?"

song-stress

• Foot Soldier
    • REP: +2/-2
    • View Profile

I think the point here gentlemen (wether D complains too much or not) is that what journalists communicate to the general public tends to change perceptions and decisions.  I dont think this can be simplified in any other way, check your FACTS qha!