Africasgateway.com

Weezy F Baby

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Baby (I feel uncomfortable calling a grown man baby) had this to say about the upcoming Wanye album:
"I don't think no one will ever be greater [than Wayne] because I don't think no one puts in the time or the quality," Baby told Vibe. "If someone do come along, can you imagine what he'll have to do? He got to put out on thousand mixtapes, do a thousand records [and] sell 100 million records. 2Pac, Jay-Z and Biggie didn't get to the shit Wayne's done."

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Am I right when I say that this young man has been in the game for about 15 years now and only been "hot" for the past three or so?
So putting out a load of bullshit mixtapes with shitty punchlines and auto-tunes makes you the best rapper ever? Who has a studio I can use?

Myth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-16
    • View Profile
f*** watchu heard.
weezy f baby, the greatest rapper alive!!!
its possible to take the art of making music seriously without taking yourself seriously

www.myspace.com/mythbeats101

Dr. Kanazawa

• Fcuk your couch!
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +2/-3
  • cd's nutz
    • View Profile
f*** watchu heard.
If these rappers don't watch out...Luda gon' take the crown with his eyes closed.
I repeat...fcuk your couch

The Grand

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-3
  • You could be on your way to earning loads more!
    • View Profile
    • You could be on your way to earning loads more green!
Nah weezy kid! Any newbie or OG could learn a lot from this emcee. Juvenile was commercial whackness but yo, "everytime I come around ur city(blinb,bling)/ Pinky ring worth about fiddy(bling,bling)!
You could be on your way to earning loads more green!

http://www.adslphone.co.za/biz_opp.asp?ID=513432

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Birdman is not being objective hes just saying that cause Weezy is his son, like any father would say about his son. Same thing Kaizer Motaung and Donald Trump claiming their sons would be better businessmen than them,and we all that aint true.

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile
f*** watchu heard.
If these rappers don't watch out...Luda gon' take the crown with his eyes closed.

2 of the last of a dying breed( MCs. )

Luda been dope for a while now. His work rate is just spread between music, movuies and other business. whereas Weezy has been making mixtapes, feautures, tracks, performances, smoking weed, etc and not much else.

Philosopher O

• Foot Soldier
    • REP: +2/-2
    • View Profile
    • The Lager

I dont think any artist should just be measured on the amount of stuff they've put out, but rather on the quality - and of coz, on how the ppl receive it...

Wayne has had 2 albums that meet the above criteria ... and none on them have had the type of impact that All Eyes on Me, for instance, has had on the people.  Weezy still doesnt have his equivalent of monster album like Doggystyle, Ready to Die, Illmatic or even a Reasonable Doubt ... the Carter 2 might reach that status, but that is yet to be seen..
Mzansi content you can drink.. check it out at: www.thelager.co.za.

The Grand

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-3
  • You could be on your way to earning loads more!
    • View Profile
    • You could be on your way to earning loads more green!

I dont think any artist should just be measured on the amount of stuff they've put out, but rather on the quality - and of coz, on how the ppl receive it...

Wayne has had 2 albums that meet the above criteria ... and none on them have had the type of impact that All Eyes on Me, for instance, has had on the people.  Weezy still doesnt have his equivalent of monster album like Doggystyle, Ready to Die, Illmatic or even a Reasonable Doubt ... the Carter 2 might reach that status, but that is yet to be seen..

I'm sure he does, I just haven't heard it. We can't expect every artist to be the same, how old is this cat anyway?
You could be on your way to earning loads more green!

http://www.adslphone.co.za/biz_opp.asp?ID=513432

1kind

• onek1nd is superman on the eiffel tower, saving the world from parasites.
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +8/-25
  • My xhosa friends and I started a clique!
    • View Profile
give weezy another 2 years... he'll be finished
I put Religion, Opression and Weakness underground and when i looked down i felt myself begin to GROW.

www.reverbnation.com/1kind

Mrs Jones

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-41
  • Acoustic Soul
    • View Profile
f*** watchu heard.
In his head yes! Just the thought of making that statement in comparison to other hip hop heads gives me goosebumps, but I think we've had this discussion / thread before, haven't we or is it just another case of de ja vu??
All my life I had to fight. I loves Harpo, God knows I do. But I'll kill him dead 'fo I let him beat me.

Philosopher O

• Foot Soldier
    • REP: +2/-2
    • View Profile
    • The Lager

I'm sure he does, I just haven't heard it. We can't expect every artist to be the same, how old is this cat anyway?

With him being this famous right now if has ever released any dope album it would be known... the Carter 2 is his best in my opinion..

Age doesnt matter if you have been in the game as long as Wayne has been .. this guy is 26 or so, and he has been from when he was 15 or some ish like that ..    Nas made Illmatic when he was still a teenager, same as Biggie when he made Ready to Die ...  remember that those were they first albums also...

What has been interesting about Wayne is his hunger and ambition ... I mean dude was wack when he first came out, he pulled himself together and now he is where he is at ... his work ethic is nothing to be messed with..
Mzansi content you can drink.. check it out at: www.thelager.co.za.

TY-D-CPT-021-NKE

• Go tell your mother cause i dont give a f**
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-47
  • "Dont kyk me by the gevriet aka dont judge snitch!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thesamark.co.za/WC-NKE.aspx
ok...scary is it is...here is a load of mindless emcees who like weezy...hence mindless as that is what his raps amount to..i mean.,...shit!...really homies?.....im done
people be juding me by the way that i walk even when i talk they say i got swagger like i be from new york..#print that bitches!

Anthony

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +3/-8
  • Wisdom is knowing when you can't be wise!
    • View Profile
sometimes i stomach folk's gullibility like a potent emetic.from a commercial,lyrical structure and musical stance marshal mathers is the best rapper alive.in fact he's in the top 5 of all time.unfortunately he's a victim of reverse racism.american black folk are generally ignant and have a rancid palate for creativity.they'd regurgitate the gangster stereotypes.the rest of the world simply swallow whatever they excrete.this explains why busta's hardly mentioned with the gods,or cee-lo,outkast,the list is endless.wayne has talent don't get it twisted but like they say about the one-eyed dude in the land of the blind...come on,which wayne song can you recite like a biggie,pac or jay song?it's a naive error to comment on hip hop solely from a fan's perspective neglecting the fact 'artists' today are products of commercial machinations.ultimately marketing gimmicks.they are labeled the greatest this the greatest that and we believe whatever big brother shows us.have mercy on us...
Chosen

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile

Blac Satyr

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-8
  • Magnifiko
    • View Profile