• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +16/-8
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nyambo
Hey

who attended? How was it?

A few flicks from the show, but i was a bit far from the stage so their a bit dodgy

Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
lol

I enjoyed it.. I think he has incredible control over the crowd. Very charming and charismatic. It wasn't so much that the performance was lengthy but my wife and I had someone baby sitting for the first time, so we were both a bit nervous and conscious of the time so that killed some of the enjoyment.

But he did come out to entertain, which was impressive. For an artist with as many hits as he has, he could have just rattled off hits one after another, but instead he gave us a slice of Mos Def. He really is a fan of music and hip hop. And its evident how much it means to him and how grateful he was too be out there rocking for us.

One of the best performance i've ever been to.
Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
Nyambz ive been meaning to ask: what does Omero mean? its a really cool name.

sero147

• AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-3
    • View Profile
was kinda sceptical of going to the show, from the comments of peeps who went to the cape town show... shit was worth my r250 though... dude is a performer

sero147

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
but dude seems to be riding doom's dick for a minute... wat the deal wit the mask???

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile

Omero means, honor or promise/pledge

but dude seems to be riding doom's dick for a minute... wat the deal wit the mask???

I think its cool that someone of Mos Stature can humble himself and give another peer that level of props and respect.

But i feel you, it was R250 well spent.

K'niep Tang

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-4
  • Wadata!
    • View Profile
Managed to get a free ticket at the last minute coz I sure as hell was not spendin all of that cash. It was worth my time though - all the supporting acts came with heat yesterday. Only thing about Mos Def's performance that got to me was the amount of time we spent dancing to other people's music inbetween his own tracks. Sho nuff, Nyambz says dude was showing us what he's into and all that but dude spent so much time dancing, talking to his djs and all of that instead of rendering his own music. I left jis after he did Travellin man. Dono how long he went on for after that, but he had already gone on for long.

Overall, I enjoyed the performance though - he performed quite a lot of tracks that I'd never heard but were very dope. jis wish there were less 'interludes' in his set.
I'm like a bunch of dynamite sticks - i'm bound to blow
www.myspace.com/tang1632
http://r-senic.blogspot.com

sero147

• AG Regular
    • View Profile

Omero means, honor or promise/pledge

I think its cool that someone of Mos Stature can humble himself and give another peer that level of props and respect.

But i feel you, it was R250 well spent.

i think it does not need to get to that level where i am also rocking masks as well... i hear what you saying though..
"someone of Mos Stature" doom got enuff stature himself... but thats just me and how i saw that shit

Trinidad-Hux

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +16/-18
    • View Profile
Glad I didnt pay for that show. A lot of people might climb on top of me for this but Mos could've done better than that. All that dancing and Jamaican babbling in between got to me. Instead of making us listen to other people's music, he could've perform more songs like Mr Nigga. Sure, he's Mos, a talented dude but to me, Zaki was much better than him on the night. He even looked mad high on stage. Show didn't live up to its hype.
quot;Don't take shots if you ain't usin a handgun"

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
All that dancing and Jamaican babbling in between got to me.

You do realize Mos Def is Brooklynese of Trinidadian descent.

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
All that dancing and Jamaican babbling in between got to me.

You do realize Mos Def is Brooklynese of Trinidadian descent.
Yeah seen him perform a set with similar 'interludes'. Knew someone would complain about that.
"...WHEN TIME IT COME TO MY SOUND WHICH IS THE CHAMPION SOUND!!!"

biz-ark-human

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-2
    • View Profile
    • Corporate Nemesis on bandcamp
I see Perserverance on the decks...dude's mad ill, came to drop a set on Mzanzi Mamela (UCT Radio's hip-hop show) this past week. And Mos dropped some mad frees over the shit that he was playing.

You can check out Mzanzi Mamela's facebook group here: http://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/group.php?gid=11402837578

And yes, I'm jacking the thread ;D ;D ;D

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
I see Perserverance on the decks...dude's mad ill, came to drop a set on Mzanzi Mamela (UCT Radio's hip-hop show) this past week. And Mos dropped some mad frees over the shit that he was playing.

You can check out Mzanzi Mamela's facebook group here: http://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/group.php?gid=11402837578

And yes, I'm jacking the thread ;D ;D ;D

MAD RESPECT for that one ma nigga, having Mos on the show and having him spit some bars like that....NICE NICE NICE...

like one of my mans likes to say "you in the system like the wiring"  ;)

Jules Winnfield

• AG Regular
    • REP: +5/-2
  • Schizophrenic Tenant Number 1
    • View Profile
I see Perserverance on the decks...dude's mad ill, Mos dropped some mad frees over the shit that he was playing.

He crazy dope! Smoked a blunt or two with them, he the cat who made some of the beats off the Indie meets WuTang albumn, i know he did the Del/Aesop track.
When all this shit is over and done – I think you're gonna find yourself one smilin' motherf***er.