Mos Def JHB Concert

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +16/-8
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nyambo
Glad I didnt pay for that show. A lot of people might climb on top of me for this but Mos could've done better than that. All that dancing and Jamaican babbling in between got to me. Instead of making us listen to other people's music, he could've perform more songs like Mr Nigga. Sure, he's Mos, a talented dude but to me, Zaki was much better than him on the night. He even looked mad high on stage. Show didn't live up to its hype.

Too each is own.. Because you didn't understand it, doesn't mean its "babbling"
Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!

sero147

• AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-3
    • View Profile
Glad I didnt pay for that show. A lot of people might climb on top of me for this but Mos could've done better than that. All that dancing and Jamaican babbling in between got to me. Instead of making us listen to other people's music, he could've perform more songs like Mr Nigga. Sure, he's Mos, a talented dude but to me, Zaki was much better than him on the night. He even looked mad high on stage. Show didn't live up to its hype.
sure dude, he probabaly doesn't need your dough anyway, but on the real u cats are expecting to hear what they know or what they can lipsynch to, truth of the matter dude gave you one of the best live performances u could probably see in SA

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +16/-8
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nyambo

He just looked happy to me. Don't think many people expect a smiling rapper. Maybe next time he will ice grill like the Game for two hours too make people happy.

Whether he was high or not is inconsequential, because he gave a concise and coherent performance. didn't forget his lines or the many other iconic hip hop verses, dating back to late 70s that he periodically included throughout his set. That show showed me how much love for what he does and for hip hop music.

Their a number of songs that i also wish he performed, but it doesn't take away from my enjoyment of the show, his performance was a tribute to music, not just hip hop..

I'm really glad u didn't waste your money on the show though. It would have been a bitter pill to swallow, spending R250 and not hearing the song you wanted to hear.

sure dude, he probabaly doesn't need your dough anyway, but on the real u cats are expecting to hear what they know or what they can lipsynch to, truth of the matter dude gave you one of the best live performances u could probably see in SA

Co-Sign
Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

He just looked happy to me. Don't think many people expect a smiling rapper. Maybe next time he will ice grill like the Game for two hours too make people happy.

Whether he was high or not is inconsequential, because he gave a concise and coherent performance. didn't forget his lines or the many other iconic hip hop verses, dating back to late 70s that he periodically included throughout his set. That show showed me how much love for what he does and for hip hop music.

Their a number of songs that i also wish he performed, but it doesn't take away from my enjoyment of the show, his performance was a tribute to music, not just hip hop..

I'm really glad u didn't waste your money on the show though. It would have been a bitter pill to swallow, spending R250 and not hearing the song you wanted to hear.

Co-Sign

Co-Siggedy x 10

emceeKasualT

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +5/-14
  • The Forefather of your nuts
    • View Profile
    • 5th Floor
I cant hate on guy who performed the entire 'Stakes is High'.. Plug 1 and 2's verses too.. flawless.. reminds me of when he was the roving reporter on Teen Summit a coupla years back and De La came thru to perform that track.. dudes got love for hip-hop .. that should be enuff for you unappreciative bastards...

I hear he was at 88 freestyling for an hour or something on Sunday evening... I hope he doesnt pull a Keith Murray and lurk around SA til he gets robbed...
lil niggaz they ain't around that powder
They ain't Super or Luigi or Mario, ain't found that power/
plus they couldn't spit fire if they found that flower.. You don't move white you lyin' dogg/
that's a neverending story without the white flying dog