Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

@ pyro

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-14
    • View Profile
iv been using the iphone 3g for about 8months now. safari is pretty expensive to use as compared to operamini which i use on my htc. but as you know, i cant install it on the iphone because of java limitations. is there a cheaper alternative browser available for the iphone that i could use without actually jailbreaking it?
im a bit scared of flashing the phone cos the last phone i tried to flash got bricked and is now probably the most expensive paper weight in the country.

iv got a fire in my heart and your critism fans it!

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
try firefox...?

Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
try firefox...?

is it cheaper?
lemme give it a go.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 09:06:35 AM by Bobby Gravano »

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I don't think there is an alternative browser, cos Apple won't allow any products in the iStore that competes directly with one of their products. that means you probably won't be able to install something else without jailbreaking it.

What do you mean Safari is too expensive? If you mean the fact that it loads the entire page, you can just set it to not load pics. I think that will save money.
I think it is the best phone browser there is, especially considering that it loads pages way faster than any other browser on any other phone. I've actually tested this on a few different phones all using 3G and different browsers.
Don't be scared to jailbreak the phone. I think an unjailbroken iPhone is the most useless thing ever. Once you've freed it there is almost no limit to what it can do. The restrictions it has as is are just too stifling. There is a way to fix it if it bricked even. That happened to me twice and I just rebooted it, using the restore function in iTunes.

Just make sure that you don't disconnect while flashing or ever use the reset function on the phone itself and that won't even be necessary.

So, what other phone  is this you bricked? Can I have it?

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
I don't think there is an alternative browser, cos Apple won't allow any products in the iStore that competes directly with one of their products. that means you probably won't be able to install something else without jailbreaking it.

What do you mean Safari is too expensive? If you mean the fact that it loads the entire page, you can just set it to not load pics. I think that will save money.
I think it is the best phone browser there is, especially considering that it loads pages way faster than any other browser on any other phone. I've actually tested this on a few different phones all using 3G and different browsers.
Don't be scared to jailbreak the phone. I think an unjailbroken iPhone is the most useless thing ever. Once you've freed it there is almost no limit to what it can do. The restrictions it has as is are just too stifling. There is a way to fix it if it bricked even. That happened to me twice and I just rebooted it, using the restore function in iTunes.

Just make sure that you don't disconnect while flashing or ever use the reset function on the phone itself and that won't even be necessary.

So, what other phone  is this you bricked? Can I have it?

its an htc touch diamond. if you switch it on, all you see is three colours on the screen.

i have tried to disable images on safari, but i only have the following options available:

-javascript on/off
-plugings on/off
-block popups on/off

nothing regarding disabling of images. its actually the first thing i looked to disable when i first found out how data intensive safari is. do you know of another way to disable images?
i hate to admit it, but if it werent for the limitations on the iphone, it could well be the sickest joint out. it MURDERS my tytn II. which im even becoming embara**ed to carry around lately. the response is insane, crystal clear screen resolution. i dont use the camera so i dont care that its 2mp.
the thing is, its still on warranty. and the dude at dion wired clearly said if i even try to jailbreak the joint i void my warranty. apparently there is a way to test this? even if you have reset to the stock firmware they can still find out?

up till now, the only reason i would want to jailbreak it is if there is an option to install java apps, and flash on the phone. so far my search on google hasnt conclusively confirmed that. can you use jave on yours?

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
If you jailbreak it, you just have to make sure that you brick it before taking it in for any repairs or anything of that nature. That way it is impossible for them to tell if it has been jailbroken.  Believe me, I tested this.

As far as I know there is no way to install flash or Java apps yet. There is an alternative browser though for jailbroken ones, called myFox, which is a iPhone version of firefox. I wouldn't even bother with a regular iPhone after having a jailbroken one. A real waste of potential.
Too bad mine died. It fell three floors and shattered.

So, how about giving me that HTC to play with, in exchange for a six pack of beer.