Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

ANCYL at it again...

The Mighty Loks

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +37/-66
    • View Profile
Johannesburg - The ANC Youth League on Tuesday called for the immediate withdrawal of the "disgusting" Nando's television and radio advertisements.

The league said the advertisements used "cheap satire" to undermine electoral politics in South Africa.

"We are fully aware that the advertisement is intended at mocking the president of the ANCYL, and in a racist fashion portrays political leaders as cartoons."

The television adverts feature a puppet named Julius - which could be a reference to ANCYL leader Julius Malema - who demands "change".

The league said it has commissioned its lawyers to investigate.

Legal advice

"While awaiting the legal advice, the ANCYL instructs the Nando's Company and those who did the advertisement to promptly withdraw the advert from all television screens and radio channels.

"If Nando's does not withdraw the adverts, the ANCYL will mobilise the people of South Africa to take militant action against Nando's and anything a**ociated with Nando's."

Nando's marketing manager Sylvester Chauke said Nando's went with the political theme because "it is what is happening in the country at the moment".

"Our advertisements are not a stab at Julius Malema at all. What is it that Nando's said in the advert that is negative about him?... If only I could have an answer to that."

LMAO... Like really. No really....

Alcohol Abuser

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +13/-14
    • View Profile
Baldi I hope u don't get recalled ;D
"Let them toxins in this liquor, squeeze the life outta this poor liver of mine " AA

Tuboy

• http://www.reverbnation.com/tuboytulz
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-19
  • my heart is a house nucca, fear don't live here!
    • View Profile
    • www.reverbnation.com/tuboytulz

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
i don't agree with the whole mobilization thing,we all know the ANCYL has alway made militant statements,so no suprises there,but come on now. that add was a clear subliminal @ JM. it's always ANC this, ANC that with Nandos. Even that other BEE one was a clear subliminal @ the ruling party. How come they don't make one about the ID for god's sake ? Or the Freedom Front while we at it ?

The ANCYL should have just ignored it though.There's more important things to deal with than Portuguese Chicken.

"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

ToXic Candy

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +2/-15
  • I LOVE YOU,MCWAAAAH!
    • View Profile
it's always ANC this, ANC that with Nandos.
The ANCYL should have just ignored it though.There's more important things to deal with than Portuguese Chicken.

Exactlly,just like the one they had for the festive season.

"We can't just have A "and" C  (ANC).........."
Dn't have a comfort zone ,always have room for improvement.

Blac Satyr

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-8
  • Magnifiko
    • View Profile
lol no Mo nandos change on our tv scrin now? they should hav consulted Zapiro 1st
Blac's V.day's R&B(Rhythm & Ba**) Reshuffled Mix:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/3sdnz0

dat dude who happens to rap!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-12
    • View Profile
Honestly speaking Nando's is proof that freedom of speech still exists in South Africa! recenty they took shots at Joost and Amor for crying out loud! 

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Well freedom of speech doesn't mean that the "subject" can't take offence now does it ? So, the ANCYL did. What's the big deal ?
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

dat dude who happens to rap!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-12
    • View Profile
 the advert could be speaking about any julius out there! lol but anyway he can get upset and as for the threat to mobilise and what what! dude needs to chill. He just has a bitter taste in his mouth cause Nando's served him exactly what he has been dishing out!  ;D

K'niep Tang

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-4
  • Wadata!
    • View Profile
true that...Julius be the last person who can complain bout such stuff, what with his regular exercise of that freedom of speech right. plus he got famous for saying dumb shit...seems to me that it's a legacy he's proud of. Nando's exploits any aspect of current affairs that they can to keep their name, and their chicken on your lips. dude needs to put his tail between his legs and admit that he's been served with that Nando's Peri Peri hotness.
I'm like a bunch of dynamite sticks - i'm bound to blow
www.myspace.com/tang1632
http://r-senic.blogspot.com

Mad

• CEO of goldmine rec.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +23/-161
  • hood whips
    • View Profile
lmao do ad agencies have to be this creative? that ad is a cla**ic, it had me on the floor and i fractured a rib when i hit the tiles, damn
Hood.

Touareg

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +14/-18
    • View Profile
i don't agree with the whole mobilization thing,we all know the ANCYL has alway made militant statements,so no suprises there,but come on now. that add was a clear subliminal @ JM. it's always ANC this, ANC that with Nandos. Even that other BEE one was a clear subliminal @ the ruling party. How come they don't make one about the ID for god's sake ? Or the Freedom Front while we at it ?

Yeah....Like worrying that Jesus doesnt come back soon...

What these Bonobos dont get is that, by publicly complaining about these adverts they are further intensifying the advertising campaign and as a result giving Nando's free advetising...

They made the same mistake with COPE, not that i'm complaining.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 01:58:19 PM by Touareg »
Real Recognise Real

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +16/-17
    • View Profile
saw the ad on TV last night and i thought it was wack!!!

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
First I heard of this ad was reading that Malema was threatening Nandos with mobilising the people to take militant action.

My first thought was, what the f*** is a prominent politican in the ruling party doing responding to a chicken ad. My next thought was, damn, I'm hungry, would love some Nandos right now.

Malema 0 - 1 Nandos

One thing Malema is doing well is drawing everyone's attention to his buffoonish behaviour and away from any actual issues of policy. So maybe it's all just a cunning plan after all? Maybe Nandos are actually paying Malema in a tactical guerrilla marketing campaign?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 02:46:06 PM by Dpleezy »

The Mighty Loks

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +37/-66
    • View Profile

Unfortunately I can't comment about this ad in particular because "I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH AND NEITHER DID THE COMPANY I WORK FOR" now that that's out of the way....

Nando's doesn't only concentrate on the ANC, we take the mickey out of everything from the ANC to the DA,Nqula, Joost ect. It's just that the ANC tends to blow thins out of proportion. Had they ignored it, it would've gone away. Is the ad great?  :-X even if it isn't is certainly got people talking and at the end of the day, that's what advertising is about.

And ironically enough this morning in the Sowetan (I stand to be corrected) there was an article where Julius stated he wasn't offended by the ad in fact found it humourous but he would like remuneration. Which is why it was so surprising when that article came out as well.
I don't think Julius Malema had anything to do with it, I think it's he's cronies.

By the way, just because the ANCYL always threaten with military violence, it doesn't make it right especially at a time like this.
ANC doesn't need this kind of publicity and sadly they brought it to themselves. The ad has been running for a week now and there was nothing, but try googling it now. You're right they should've just ignored it.

ps.If the ANCYL come after me and my people, I'm crashing at your place.  :P