Cape Town

Capt Schti · 103 · 28344

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Im still amazed that Helen Zille didnt have even one black dude in her boyfriend concubine cabinet. Surely... surely ..surely.. theres at least one black/coloured dude she could have found.. she says its the best she could find.. if thats not racist, then Im offing myself right now..

Come on,,, I'm not a DA supporter - I can't even vote in SA - but let's at least get the facts right....

John Moodey is the provincial leader of Gauteng
Joe Seremane is the DA Spokesperson on Africa / Federal Chairperson of the Democratic Alliance
George Boinamo is the DA Spokesperson on Education
Butch Steyn is the DA Spokesperson on Housing
James Masango is DA Deputy Spokesperson on Housing / Deputy Spokesperson on Sport and Recreation / Spokesperson on the 2010 World Cup
Mpowele Swathe is the DA Spokesperson on Water Affairs and Forestry / Deputy Spokesperson on Provincial and Local Government

is it me or does anyone else see something wrong here still?

What are you suggesting is wrong? The whole cabinet (black and white) are 'spokespeople'

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
Im still amazed that Helen Zille didnt have even one black dude in her boyfriend concubine cabinet. Surely... surely ..surely.. theres at least one black/coloured dude she could have found.. she says its the best she could find.. if thats not racist, then Im offing myself right now..

Come on,,, I'm not a DA supporter - I can't even vote in SA - but let's at least get the facts right....

Joe Seremane is the DA Spokesperson on Africa / Federal Chairperson of the Democratic Alliance
James Masango is DA Deputy Spokesperson on Housing / Deputy Spokesperson on Sport and Recreation / Spokesperson on the 2010 World Cup
Mpowele Swathe is the DA Spokesperson on Water Affairs and Forestry / Deputy Spokesperson on Provincial and Local Government

is it me or does anyone else see something wrong here still?

What are you suggesting is wrong? The whole cabinet (black and white) are 'spokespeople'

I thought the list you have here is of black/coloured people. am I wrong?

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
it seems like im missing the point. "DA ppl can only be "spokespersons" because they are the opposition"

my bad.

emceeKasualT

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +5/-14
  • The Forefather of your nuts
    • View Profile
    • 5th Floor
Oh my bad... I think there are black/coloured people in her 'cabinet' (no interracial pr0n). But for a country with such a large majority of non-white people... I would have expected a higher ratio... just sayin'..
lil niggaz they ain't around that powder
They ain't Super or Luigi or Mario, ain't found that power/
plus they couldn't spit fire if they found that flower.. You don't move white you lyin' dogg/
that's a neverending story without the white flying dog

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +16/-17
    • View Profile
Oh my bad... I think there are black/coloured people in her 'cabinet' (no interracial pr0n). But for a country with such a large majority of non-white people ... I would have expected a higher ratio... just sayin'..

God, i hate this term, because it implies that whiteness is the norm. Yes there are Black people in her cabinet and one of them is Bongani Madikizela and he is the MEC for Housing because he has a "long history of working with poor communities". SMH

Alcohol Abuser

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +13/-14
    • View Profile
Oh my bad... I think there are black/coloured people in her 'cabinet' (no interracial pr0n). But for a country with such a large majority of non-white people ... I would have expected a higher ratio... just sayin'..

God, i hate this term, because it implies that whiteness is the norm. Yes there are Black people in her cabinet and one of them is Bongani Madikizela and he is the MEC for Housing because he has a "long history of working with poor communities". SMH
[
/quote]

FAIL, FAIL DISMALLY! >:(

"Let them toxins in this liquor, squeeze the life outta this poor liver of mine " AA

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +16/-17
    • View Profile

[
/quote]

FAIL, FAIL DISMALLY! >:(

i dont understand man, who has failed Blizzard or  Zille?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 12:36:03 PM by Blizzard »

afterbirth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
    • View Profile

D.. methinks you're getting ish confused..
notwithstanding the election of non white people to positions within the DA nationally..
the party leader in appointing a mainly white cabinet in the western cape.. when the DA received more than 60% of its support from coloureds & blacks in the western cape.. has reinforced widespread notions of the DA as a party esposusing the aspirations of a white minority.. moreover, the composition of her cabinet is an affront to the collective aspirations of the womenfolk in the western cape, black & white, as it creates the impression that she's the only one capable of improving the material conditions of our people..
we can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

D.. methinks you're getting ish confused..
notwithstanding the election of non white people to positions within the DA nationally..
the party leader in appointing a mainly white cabinet in the western cape.. when the DA received more than 60% of its support from coloureds & blacks in the western cape.. has reinforced widespread notions of the DA as a party esposusing the aspirations of a white minority.. moreover, the composition of her cabinet is an affront to the collective aspirations of the womenfolk in the western cape, black & white, as it creates the impression that she's the only one capable of improving the material conditions of our people..

I hear you, and I wasn't trying to defend or support the DA,,, just pointing out an inaccurate statement.

Capt Schti

• Two sips from being a tyrant.
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
it seems like im missing the point. "DA ppl can only be "spokespersons" because they are the opposition"

my bad.

What the f***? Where the f*** did the logic go here. You are right, a spokesperson only says what the person in power has decided.
In fact having black people as the bearer of the news (good or bad) makes them fronts.

Take back your bad, sir.           
"I just want to enter my house justified" Bloody Sam

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

my bad.

What the f***? Where the f*** did the logic go here. You are right, a spokesperson only says what the person in power has decided.
In fact having black people as the bearer of the news (good or bad) makes them fronts.

Take back your bad, sir.           

Thanks man. I was just not trying to be stuborn. thats what i understood as well but i was giving myself time to go find out more but you've just made me think i was right. i take it back if what we both agree on is right.

OG Beezak

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +6/-16
  • uMlazi--- keep hustling
    • View Profile
Some of us are even regreting the moment in that ballot box. Damn, so early. 

The result of acting while one is confused = major dissappointments
Straight outta Mzilayi. It's that code 031 baby
              Hip Hop till 'am 75. Gcwala

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +18/-23
    • View Profile
    • blog
I think that some of you are confusing the difference between a spokesperson (for a party) and a spokesperson (in the general sense).

But anyway, I think we have established that anything Helen Zille does will never be "right" in the eyes of some, who are not satiesfied with the ways things are run in Cape Town. But I still think its a great place to live regardless.
"your real calibre is measured by your consideration and tolerance of others"

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
In January this year i turned down a post at Transnet in Cpt. The house i was gonna stay in was great,but The backyard was full of sand, Cape Town has no Soil WTF turned down the offer. Every Saturday and Sunday Morning i make sure my Garden game is right sowing my potatoes, pumpkins  and maintaining them. Other than that i aint got no beef with the city.

Awww sweet,, green fingers. First time I ever hear anyone give that as a reason not to move somewhere. There is something beautifuly primal about that. My grandfather had orchards, I love things that you can watch grow.

I've only been in  Brightonfor 6 months. I came back to CPT on holiday last month to find that 4 friends of mine, all black had moved to Joburg. With others also on the verge of heeding the call or abt to just give up. Who wants to live a life of constant strife?
 After l having lived there for 4 years I still consider it home but at this point I'm not sure which city I'm coming back to in September.
Why do we have to fight for money with people who know we are capable and trust us with doing not only our jobs but theirs as well. Run the show kid, you know what you doing, you good at it but you just my BEE front, you ain't getting no paper. To all those stingy, 2 faced, exploiters. f*** YOU.
I had to quit a job I loved to do something I was half hearted about just coz they paid me my worth. That's bullshyt especially when they hired a friend and fellow Jew straight outta college to take my job and paid her more for doing less.
The racism in the workplace is blatant. Know your place, stay in your box, kiss my a**, I promise we'll give you a raise in 6 months. Not surprisingly, I digress...ish is personal.

On the entertainment front I actually noticed that there are more events. DJ Eazy and Azhul have the cla**ics sessions and beat bangaz at Zula and Zula was packed. They had Ill Skillz on the line up, bboys etc and the crowd was loving it, and Kool Out Lounge also seems to be gaining momentum. The events had a mixed crowd and diverse performers so I didn't experience that whole 'black' and 'coloured' hiphop thing that I had before.

Cape Town crowds don't like to pay coz the man ain't paying enough to have dissposable income. Did anyone make it to Slum village or Killah Priest?

But we plough forward. Influential blacks under thirty in CPT? Challenge!

Gaaning aan, don't mind me, sitting up waiting for the English summer...

Capt Schti

• Two sips from being a tyrant.
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
I think that some of you are confusing the difference between a spokesperson (for a party) and a spokesperson (in the general sense).

Na I think you're confused.
There is no difference lov'   
"I just want to enter my house justified" Bloody Sam