Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Online Hustling......

LetsogoLaPlastik

• AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-8
  • Wa tlala??
    • View Profile
Ehhy guys, I've been on a strong husttle for a Job in the last 2 months, I registerd my CV with various online career centre where companies advertise posts.......I even uploaded my cv on companies corporate websites (they a feature where they allow you to upload your particulars)

I'm starting to think online job hunting is a scam, I mean hardly any of thee niggas holla back....do you know someone who got his first gig via online advertising? Or do you think its better to go knocking door-to-door for this isht??

NB! I think maybe no one really wants  fresh graduates, if it wasnt for governmental policy....they'd go ahead and employ experienced personell only

Yesses ke tshaba go pharama ko loxion....thusang bafwetho
Ha o mpona oska.....nkatumela!!!!

Alcatel

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +2/-3
  • wa gwan?
    • View Profile
i got my 1st job through online application on careerjunction.co.za.  If you got know experience volunteering somewhere/anywhere does help.keep on hustling...
a ha ha ha ha ha ah ah ah! AHa ahh aa a a.....

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
Job agencies work through the thousands of CVs they have by electronic filtering. If your CV isn't written EXACTLY right with EXACT words and formatting, it won't get picked up by the computer. Only twelve CVs are ever picked for any given job, and those are the ones that are looked at by humans.

Can't offer more than that I'm afraid.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

The Mighty Loks

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +37/-66
    • View Profile
Job agencies work through the thousands of CVs they have by electronic filtering. If your CV isn't written EXACTLY right with EXACT words and formatting, it won't get picked up by the computer. Only twelve CVs are ever picked for any given job, and those are the ones that are looked at by humans.

Can't offer more than that I'm afraid.

What kind of job are you looking for? Try an agent.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 12:53:54 PM by Athena »

LetsogoLaPlastik

• AG Regular
  • Wa tlala??
    • View Profile
i got my 1st job through online application on careerjunction.co.za.  If you got know experience volunteering somewhere/anywhere does help.keep on hustling...

Thank dwag….I’m registered there as well
@Rob: makes so much sense now….I’ve always thought most recruiting agencies want to have a surplus of candidates on their database, as in all the fraudulent advertisement is just to ama** their collection of cvs
@Athena: well I’m looking for a graduate engineer post (Bsc chem.). Do you have a hookup of reliable agencies around jozi or anything similar?/
Excuse my late replies……..slow internet connection over here!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 01:16:49 PM by Madrappers' English tutor »

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I gave up on online job-hunting recently. They just never get back to you. Started cold-calling companies like a tele-marketer and had three interviews in two weeks.

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +18/-23
    • View Profile
    • blog
I think you also need to look at ur CV itself (the format) a lot of ppl put a lotta of unnecesary info in there.
 and write a motivation letter (short and to the point) because these people get plenty of CVs daily which may or may not be better than your's so actually say why the should pick you.

oh yah and network at parties, etc
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 05:47:37 PM by motho »
"your real calibre is measured by your consideration and tolerance of others"

Mrs Jones

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-41
  • Acoustic Soul
    • View Profile
Chevron, anglo platinum and eskom powerstations are always looking for apprentices. Will check for you what i can find tonight!
All my life I had to fight. I loves Harpo, God knows I do. But I'll kill him dead 'fo I let him beat me.

Alcatel

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +2/-3
  • wa gwan?
    • View Profile
go to sabcareers.co.za  They got a general application there
a ha ha ha ha ha ah ah ah! AHa ahh aa a a.....

LetsogoLaPlastik

• AG Regular
  • Wa tlala??
    • View Profile
lookin good in here, thanx guys.....I'll try to tweak up my cv... and maybe make calls like Pyro was sayin....

thanks in advance Kells ;D