The CHEF · 97 · 28629

dat dude who happens to rap!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-12
    • View Profile
@ oints

Its the June/ July Hype magazine issue.

@K9

I do some how agree with you dude, it was sad to see that the whole roach inc stable was on the tape! no disrespect to them, since it did kind of make sence to have then on the tape since they were in the mag too, but then in that case we should also have music by aka , Silverado and everyone else who got an interview.

I guess hip-hop magazines will never make us happy regardless of what they publish, I believe if it can get us talking and arguing about then I guess the editor did his job right.

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
How come the cat on the cover never has a joint on the CD ? Me thinks they should always have the first joint on the DISC. Makes sense don't u think ?

Must say i also didn't enjoy this issue as well (second in a row). But we can't blame the mag can we ? It's the local scene that's lacking and that's what they reporting on so . . . . EISH !!!

Few nice joints on the CD though. Especially that STAS, ANVILS, SEIDA and the LAST DAYS joint.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 09:50:19 AM by MrTwoTeams »
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
@ oints

Its the June/ July Hype magazine issue.

@K9

I do some how agree with you dude, it was sad to see that the whole roach inc stable was on the tape! no disrespect to them, since it did kind of make sence to have then on the tape since they were in the mag too, but then in that case we should also have music by aka , Silverado and everyone else who got an interview.

I guess hip-hop magazines will never make us happy regardless of what they publish, I believe if it can get us talking and arguing about then I guess the editor did his job right.

peace homes, ima make sure the facts are right when i pa** the message to the next man ;)

K9 tha Pedigree

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +11/-2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.google.com
@ MRC, there is enough local content, enough to make a mag each month, and about jozi, they relocating to ATL although thier music aint 4 me, they deserved it
9 tha Pedigree

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +19/-16
    • View Profile
Wud that b fa**ie, les and ishmael? They stil wit lance? Is this info in the hype?
"How can I stay anonymous, when it's my job to be famous?"

K9 tha Pedigree

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
@ koli yes to all the questions
9 tha Pedigree

N.A 187

• GUNTLK ENT presents
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-11
  • Native "187" a**asin
    • View Profile
    • "Murder he wrote"
Jozi relocating to ATL, unless they sample James brown or somebody popular that side they will find it hard to break through. They've played their part tho. GOODLUCK TO EM.

As far as Hype go, i also see similar names and faces on it casualy, ithink they are not reaching hard enough for other people. there must be a simpler system to acquire such gimz. With everybody recording it shouldnt be so hard.
How about heads email snippets or compressed tracks just to listen and the chosen for that issue will get to record a mixtape from scratch. A real mixtape with multiple artist on each track.

LET NIGGAZ PROVE THEMSELVES AND DONT PROMOTE ONE GROUP, UPLIFT A NATION!

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
well, going through everybody's views here on the latest issue of the HYPE magazine, its not easy to ignore the fact that most people have less to be greatful for when it comes to the content, quite understandable, not all of us can be as equally appreciative.

i for one have a lot to be happy about in terms of the exposure and content. not only did a project i was working on make it on the mag but something else quite as phenomenal happened:

if you flip thorough the pages you should in time land on the feature the mag did on the Port Elizabeth HipHop scene. therein you will read about the inspiring and relentless work put in on a daily basis by J-Bux & the cats of TRUE SIGHT MUSIC.

CONGRATULATIONS GO OUT TO THEM, for not only having two tracks on the HYPE CD (which is still something of an honour in my eyes even though the mixing on the CD as a whole was pitiful & ALMOST ruined the songs :-\) but also to HISHAM for getting an exclusive interview into his craft enabling people to keep a look out for what we here in the G and in the PE underground have known for some time, TRUE SIGHT MUSIC GOT HEAT for the HEADS...

moreover, RESPECT on seeing the TRUE SIGHT MUSIC mixtape on the review section of the mag & getting the much deserved recognition therein as well..

all in all LET ME SAY IT AGAIN, stop sleepin!!!!!!!!!!!!!....look out for SUPREMACY and the rest of the TRUE SIGHT MUSIC camp.

told youl:

"we the greatest thing to come out this year".............. 8)

OG Beezak

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +6/-16
  • uMlazi--- keep hustling
    • View Profile
Gon cop that ish this afternoon. Lookin' forward to dope Cap City rhymes
Straight outta Mzilayi. It's that code 031 baby
              Hip Hop till 'am 75. Gcwala

The CHEF

• CapCity's hard-working producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-14
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bleksperm
I truelly agree wit Oints. 2 many ppl are pissed about so en so nt being on,bt the understanding I hv is tht its ol about ppl makin' moves.
Thts jst my personal opinion.I believe ol featured hd moves done,somehw en some dudes tht I neva heard of R @least highlighted. I 4-1 neva been on hype,maybe 1 mention en U dnt find me bitching. YES K9,ths ws directed @ U. Yo'l made moves en were featured der,nw yo'll quete en U do ths? Man, I respect every1s opinion here,bt yo's was jus off. As 4 the mixtape,I 4-1 hd my opinions, en believe human nature took its course en beatoven did what he believed ws best. Maybe hv'ing label mates was a cloud,bt I dnt C hm producing joints there being a biggie. I myself cn do a full lp's production en mix it, did it even eva stop Octave what what's volume?
Thnk again...
Maybe it wil b best if U cn head up a petition wit ol yo needs in it,their contact addy is hype@hypemagazine.co.za. Maybe tht wud help!

K9 tha Pedigree

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
@ Da chef, i aint bitching, I was featured i hype last issue and Im grateful 4 dat you just mad coz i'm talkin bowt cap city, how would you feel if there is a mixtape, with a Cash solo track, a kewpid solo track, a koli solo track, A so Fresh solo track and A K9 solo track, you wouldn't like it rite, well dats exactly how I feel
9 tha Pedigree

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
I truelly agree wit Oints. 2 many ppl are pissed about so en so nt being on,bt the understanding I hv is tht its ol about ppl makin' moves.
Thts jst my personal opinion.I believe ol featured hd moves done,somehw en some dudes tht I neva heard of R @least highlighted. I 4-1 neva been on hype,maybe 1 mention en U dnt find me bitching. YES K9,ths ws directed @ U. Yo'l made moves en were featured der,nw yo'll quete en U do ths? Man, I respect every1s opinion here,bt yo's was jus off. As 4 the mixtape,I 4-1 hd my opinions, en believe human nature took its course en beatoven did what he believed ws best. Maybe hv'ing label mates was a cloud,bt I dnt C hm producing joints there being a biggie. I myself cn do a full lp's production en mix it, did it even eva stop Octave what what's volume?
Thnk again...
Maybe it wil b best if U cn head up a petition wit ol yo needs in it,their contact addy is hype@hypemagazine.co.za. Maybe tht wud help!

this is so hard to read. 
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

Papa ThReAdS

• Are you a bish?? Then you can love me.
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +24/-31
  • The beautiful man...The beautiful Legend...
    • View Profile
*YAWN* at this whole thread.

All this dick riding and bitching is making me sick to my stomach. It really is simple. If you like hype, then buy it. If you dont, stop buying it and bitching about it after EVERY issue.

You people have been bitching since the very first issue, and little to nothing has been done about your complaints. We live in a free society. If you are paying for a service you do not approve of, excercise your right to find another service provider, or become one yourself.

Oh...and f*** hype. Its a useless piece of media.
Beating bitches since 1982.

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
hahaha!!! don't get at each other K9 and Chef... its wat it is.. both y'all are correct to feel the way u do.. and i'm sure K9 got respect for u Chef the same i believe u have respect for him..

wouldn't it be good to listen to the joints that DIDN'T make it on the cut tho? nje.. jus for fun

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
*YAWN* at this whole thread.

All this dick riding and bitching is making me sick to my stomach. It really is simple. If you like hype, then buy it. If you dont, stop buying it and bitching about it after EVERY issue.

You people have been bitching since the very first issue, and little to nothing has been done about your complaints. We live in a free society. If you are paying for a service you do not approve of, excercise your right to find another service provider, or become one yourself.

lol!!! aren't u bitching right NOW in this so called 'FREE SOCIETY'? exercise discretion and practise wat u preach then..