Africasgateway.com

Hype May/June

The CHEF · 97 · 28545

Nar8iv

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/scott_williams/
lol! do people really check for this dude?

no doubt there's a market son.

He's got a song where he sampled Lenny Kravitz's "Fly Away" in its entirety. LOL !!! Some wack shit.

But then he's got another one produced by Amu Feat. HHP - Killa Track. First Syfo track i've ever liked. I used the same sample Amu used on one of my beats.

cant one of you joburg heads just go to him and take him under your wing or something. on a "you see young man, let me help you see something".and..."let uncle lt uncle Mr C school you"

see nice and friendly like.

anyways..no accounting for taste is there?

Also respect to AD2GRAPH from FOC CLOTHING (WWW.BEFOC.CO.ZA)
for getting into hype with his photography on that silverado shoot.

quite entertaining to see a doe eyed Ameen taped up and being torn apart by the lady fans...VERY ENTERTAINING BOY!
Nicely done.

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
@Panic and Rob, I also believe that we a partly responsible for making this place what it is. The threads we create reflect on and make up the site as well, don't know about the content: cos, lets say if AG was to be rated against other Hip Hop site....would they also consider the stuff posted on the threads as part-and-parcel of the AG's content? Don't know if my point makes any sense...

But what I'm saying is.....AG Admin-- i.e. "Milk" ---not the mods...me thinks...is responsible for the content on the AG website

And we.....artists, fans, junos, promoters, and etc.....are responsible for making the forum side HIP HOP....real Hip Hop.......in terms of posting stuff that is relevant to Hip Hop.......And don't be lost in the mist of saying "Personal Issues ain't hip hop" cos they are...recall hip hop be the life we live...erday...hahaha

Cosign.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

Ramorethetho

• Weed is green paper is brown coke is white you are a bitch so as your wife
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-18
  • Linux and Novell f***ed and gave birth to SuSe
    • View Profile
Last time i checked Ag's estimated worth was  $32139(US)
Feeling satisfaction from the street croud reaction

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
not to take anything away from this website and the forums here in but check out the basic layout of FUTUREPRODUCERS.com ... they are very professional over there, none of this tits and a** bullshit u see on the constant over here, its all music...all music...but then again, this website is not as similarly structured...so therein lies the problem in my opinion, too many insignificant bullshit leaks in here that subsequently water down the content  :-\

The CHEF

• CapCity's hard-working producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-14
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bleksperm
@Panic - I understand wht yo frustrations are en I C tht sum stuff hd an effect on U.1st thng's 1st,remember when I gt here en choc dwn the JR saga? Sum guys thot I ws trying 2 shine on his shine,bt ol I ws saying ws js highlighting stuff I did 4 hm,en he neva acknowledges.Same as when I mentiond Kev Brown. Ppl here started creating imaginary users js 2 try kill my soul. Well,again they failed.Lastly,the My boba issue. I dnt wanna go thru tht again,so I kept my limit. Im sori 2 disappoint bt if only guys here cud spend a simple day at my spot en C ol dis motswako cats acting stupid.Lookout 4 a guy named Puppet aka zebe. He's no artist,bt a hustler. The likes of JR,My Boba,Toodee,Molimi,DON Juan(sp) either acquire recording,deals or anything 4rm him.I cud write a book full about the beefs,swag,bragging en more,bt the issue is that hoes or as Mad wud call the Aginas,wud beef wit me.Stil, I nid my bizniz 2 grow by rendering my services 2 sum of these guys.

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
my dick hurts....too much sex/
why i aint on AG so much?, too much stress/
niggas keep talkin, one day ima see you n you must flex/
so i can put a knuckle in ya face,stomach and chest/
pull my blade out and cut flesh/
i doubled up once more,yup....yup........yes/
bet you bitches love this/
whats my f***ing problem? too much Crack jesses/
been hittin white lines since my birth date/
white tee, white kicks, white birth cake/
Made ya girl go "shorty" like its her birth day/
had to let you niggas touch lips like wayne n baby/
im all white,like my name was wayne brady/
had to stop ya girl from droppin to her knees the other day,like,hey baby/
i aint tryin to have the Mad Rappers state crazy/
Cos i know you his f***in main lady/
She told me when he hit it she aint came lately/
He too fast in the pussy,call him a Lamborghini/
Im out bitch niggas, im having dinner in Italy.........Fetuchinni
@cash_sog

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
I dont remember hearing a better track selection than the one they have on this issue. Copped it the mag after such a long time. probably a year and a half since i last bought it, I hope im not exagerating. been just lazy to go the shop.  :)

Buff Pound

• AG Regular
  • www.roachinc.blogspot.com
    • View Profile
    • Roachinc
I dont remember hearing a better track selection than the one they have on this issue. Copped it the mag after such a long time. probably a year and a half since i last bought it, I hope im not exagerating. been just lazy to go the shop.  :)

for those who may be interested in seeing the thoughts behind the track selection, go check the webisodes on www.capcitytv.blogspot.com

i think with regards to Hype and the content, their biggest challenge i would like to beleive is technology. with the advent of facebook, blogs, websites and fora like AG and the likes, for people who are on the abovementioned daily, whateva Hype reports about, you probably have read/heard about it or seen it by the time the magazine comes out 2 months lata and i believe due to the mechanical nature of the process of putting out a magazine, the timelines for the whole production process, it will always feel like its lagging behind except for the features, which we may not have hear/read about anywhere else and as much as its a challeneg to them i think we also need to understand and acknowledge that. on the other side of the coin, its hard to satisfy human being totally as a result, one also has to go into the job of Mizi and Simone expecting to be criticised and possibly pickup what they can and still bite the bullet at the end of the day. bigups to hype for another issue and soem call it a Beat oven mixtape, check the name it actually does kinda allude to that because he was part of the track selection process and went for a particular feel on the cd and dictated how all the tracks should be mixed and hence it came out the way it did, Mizi was part of the process too, but he gave more control to beat oven as he was the one who was gonna finally mix the cd and if had to say so myself he did a splendid job. checkout the webisodes
N'veigh's Album ,titled 7.30, dropping on 7.30

K9 tha Pedigree

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +11/-2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.google.com

Buff Pound

• AG Regular
  • www.roachinc.blogspot.com
    • View Profile
    • Roachinc
N'veigh's Album ,titled 7.30, dropping on 7.30

OG Beezak

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +6/-16
  • uMlazi--- keep hustling
    • View Profile

for those who may be interested in seeing the thoughts behind the track selection, go check the webisodes on www.capcitytv.blogspot.com

i think with regards to Hype and the content, their biggest challenge i would like to beleive is technology. with the advent of facebook, blogs, websites and fora like AG and the likes, for people who are on the abovementioned daily, whateva Hype reports about, you probably have read/heard about it or seen it by the time the magazine comes out 2 months lata and i believe due to the mechanical nature of the process of putting out a magazine, the timelines for the whole production process, it will always feel like its lagging behind except for the features, which we may not have hear/read about anywhere else and as much as its a challeneg to them i think we also need to understand and acknowledge that. on the other side of the coin, its hard to satisfy human being totally as a result, one also has to go into the job of Mizi and Simone expecting to be criticised and possibly pickup what they can and still bite the bullet at the end of the day. bigups to hype for another issue and soem call it a Beat oven mixtape, check the name it actually does kinda allude to that because he was part of the track selection process and went for a particular feel on the cd and dictated how all the tracks should be mixed and hence it came out the way it did, Mizi was part of the process too, but he gave more control to beat oven as he was the one who was gonna finally mix the cd and if had to say so myself he did a splendid job. checkout the webisodes

Ssssssssssup Buff...............nice mix by the Oven............Aight about the bolded lines........I also have the same concern.However, let us not forget that Hype is also catering for a large number of youth in the streets.....those without permanent access to the Net. I believe that it's not only Hype....that usually remains behind when putting out content.......I think it's the whole S.A. media.....cos for instance....check out the recent AirBus news we've seen here on AG.
S.A.B.C and E tv only published that story a few days ago....long after you head it here.

In my opinion I think the net will always be faster in terms of putting out content (due to the insignificancy of the geography aspect, fused with the rumor aspect that goes with it---rumors flying from country to country within a split second) and that the other types of media (paper, tv, and etc) will always be behind in order to cater for the ordinary citizen, who does not have access to multi-media or internet.

Maybe a media expert can explain this ..."why is it acceptable for this to happen".......But access is the key determinant for me
Straight outta Mzilayi. It's that code 031 baby
              Hip Hop till 'am 75. Gcwala

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
i actually disagree with the bolded statements. coverage of SA hip on the internet is not yet at the point where it can really rival something like Hype. you can hear something about it on the net, but  you'll get more by actually reading about it - from someone who was there or has been communicating with someone from there. of course, with international hip hop news, it's a no-brainer, it will always be behind and it will never cover everything. i think what they need to do is ask themselves how much that matters. personally i think it doesn't. in the last issue they did well in giving a panoramic view of hip hop in SA. it was dope. where else would you have heard of Blue Sky in Zwelitsha and what happens there?

were they to keep concentrating on this kind of writing Hype could really become the number 1 go to source for SA hip hop. even before the internet.     

OG Beezak

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +6/-16
  • uMlazi--- keep hustling
    • View Profile
i actually disagree with the bolded statements. coverage of SA hip on the internet is not yet at the point where it can really rival something like Hype. you can hear something about it on the net, but  you'll get more by actually reading about it - from someone who was there or has been communicating with someone from there. of course, with international hip hop news, it's a no-brainer, it will always be behind and it will never cover everything. i think what they need to do is ask themselves how much that matters. personally i think it doesn't. in the last issue they did well in giving a panoramic view of hip hop in SA. it was dope. where else would you have heard of Blue Sky in Zwelitsha and what happens there?

were they to keep concentrating on this kind of writing Hype could really become the number 1 go to source for SA hip hop. even before the internet.     

I think we both trying to same the same thing.........not only about Hype......just the general media..........cos not everyone has internet access.

However, about the internet being the rival of Hype....I don't think that's even appropriate to mention currently----unless there is a dedicated medium like Hype that caters for Hip Hop in general (the likes of street sheet are still area and group bound)

gossip wise the net is the BOSS whether S.A or International hip hop.

Facts wise.....Hype is the BOSS repping that S.A. white.....hahaha...just felt like saying that white......hahahaha
Straight outta Mzilayi. It's that code 031 baby
              Hip Hop till 'am 75. Gcwala

The CHEF

• CapCity's hard-working producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-14
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bleksperm
Next issue cumz out in august.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
my dick hurts....too much sex/
why i aint on AG so much?, too much stress/
niggas keep talkin, one day ima see you n you must flex/
so i can put a knuckle in ya face,stomach and chest/
pull my blade out and cut flesh/
i doubled up once more,yup....yup........yes/
bet you bitches love this/
whats my f***ing problem? too much Crack jesses/
been hittin white lines since my birth date/
white tee, white kicks, white birth cake/
Made ya girl go "shorty" like its her birth day/
had to let you niggas touch lips like wayne n baby/
im all white,like my name was wayne brady/
had to stop ya girl from droppin to her knees the other day,like,hey baby/
i aint tryin to have the Mad Rappers state crazy/
Cos i know you his f***in main lady/
She told me when he hit it she aint came lately/
He too fast in the pussy,call him a Lamborghini/
Im out bitch niggas, im having dinner in Italy.........Fetuchinni
You saw me a few times and were too shy to say shit. stop it.

And you spelled fettucini wrong. You probably only heard about it somewhere.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 12:15:50 PM by Lord Pyro »