Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

NEWS ON NEW album DROPS!..............what do u got?

oints · 116 · 82559

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
wordup, dat Skyzoo shit is off da hook i mean "Power of da words", Lupe fiasco "Coast 2 coast" mixtape is bangin too. sounds like this coast 2 coast shit got money pourin in wellfare cheques. oi oints i also downlaoded dat uhh Wale from UGHH.COM its been a while tho, i peep em on vid ocasions but now i took ur word for it and my PC done got a virus again my nigga. Dats y i keep away from em dirty forums. It was gud f-ing  wit em tho. Heads such as Lloyd Banks, Guilt Simpson,Joe budden and Jammie foxx shouldnt be cla**ified as commercial coz we all tryin to sell and they aint mainstream, they just came up but well known coz they make good music.

a lot of yall emceez aint rappers but rappers is fake yet u dont make cla**ic songs either. A GOOD SONG IS A GOOD SON. ITS ALL ABOUT MUSIC, 2da  :Pdeath im def  ;Dfor it!!!!

the Big Zoo joint is bananas ma nigg, havent gotten a chance to jump on the Lupe yet but im glad to know its geared towards some sort of philanthropy, its always nice to make music for a cause bigger than oneself. but on the strength, there have been tons of mixtapes coming out, even Wyclef got a mixtape out:

im not even going to get into the likes of Papoose that seem to make their bread & butter on the sale of Mixtape related merch but hes at it too and his latest offering is apparently a huge disappointment & was thrashed by Byron Crawford on his latest review labeling it "an epic fail", evidently the mixtape wagon for him might be coming to a halt  :-\ ...

you make very interesting points though, it has always been a constant that cats that are at times more recognized for their mainstream contributions kill it when they make mixtapes & just go willy nilly...Banks has always been nice on mixtapes, Guilty Simpson too, i mean hes killing everything he touches right now, him & Frank Nitty from FnD...and thats just cats top of our heads whove been on international mixtapes and are getting their exposure & gwap to boot...

however, my concern is with cats who cant seem to shed their skin and jump into album creation, cats whove been giving us mixtape after mixtape but cant quite seem to give us that one album we are waiting for (the paposse syndrome)...

but leme bug you out and show you whats been going down in this mixtape world as two of my most anticipated emcees keep stalling:

my NO 1 biggest disappointment *been waiting for this cats album for i dont know how long but this is what he dropped recently*

Saigon & Statik Selektah - All In A Day’s Work(2009)

NO 2, is probably the most slept on emcee since Chino XL, but still no album from him:

DJ Effex presents Crooked I: after inauguration (2009)

i guess we'l just have to wait for next year...

oh and sorry about your comp catching a virus homes, u dont have to worry about the links we give here being contaminated, they all HALAAL........  ;D

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
the AlantheChemist album "Chemical Warfare" album has been dropped on the UGHH 09 thread compliments of Mokaba...dont miss it youl... ;)

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
***a little TREAT, a bit of at a tangent seeing that the nature of the thread is NEW RELEASES***

this is what id like to call "the collector's section" of the thread. there will be more to come  ;)

Dilated Peoples - Imagery, Battle Hymns & Political Poetry (1995)

Unreleased debut from the Dilated Peoples before DJ Babu joined Evidence & Rakaa Iriscience. Back then Evidence wasn't in to producing (at least not this release). Not the best audio quality, but this rarity kind of reminds me of the good old days when mixtapes were ca**ettes.

01. I Ain't The One
02. Huh Haa! feat. Redman
03. It All Comes Down To This
04. Dilated Peoples
05. Forward Motion
06. Straight Hip-Hop
07. What Are We Supposed To Do?
08. Cool City Slicker
09. Devastation
10. I Want It All
11. Goin' For Broke feat. Xzibit
12. Freestyle

ima UP the link on the UGHH 09 thread just now...................................  :D

NEXT UP:

to the ELZHI heads out there, i know you most likely have this in your collection but do you have it as this medium:

Elzhi: out of focus Ep (1998)....................Ca**ETTE rip  ;)

1. Intro
2. Scattered Pictures
3. Musick (Last Days Of Hip Hop)
4. Interlude
5. Someone As Real As Her Ft. Dwele
6. Interlude
7. The Big F.U.
8. Boomerang Slang Ft. Lacks
9. Where It All Begins Ft. Hodge Podge

"...wanted to leave this project in it's raw form with the space in between the tracks that all the older heads know all too well. I left the blank space at the end of the tracks so it can be skipped but none of them are longer than 2-3 seconds. But yeah I just wanted to keep it how it actually is. This should be almost or just as loud as a cd, I put a quick mastering on the tracks in pro tools. Enjoy..."

ima UP the link in the UGHH 09 thread just now.............. ;)

Blac Satyr

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-8
  • Magnifiko
    • View Profile
I'm crossing ma fingaz on the link youll be postin 4 Elzhi... i dropped Wyclefs mixtape a wile ago, last yr if Im not mistaken
Blac's V.day's R&B(Rhythm & Ba**) Reshuffled Mix:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/3sdnz0

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
I'm crossing ma fingaz on the link youll be postin 4 Elzhi... i dropped Wyclefs mixtape a wile ago, last yr if Im not mistaken

lol, i already posted it ma nigg, check for it.... ;)

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
***for the collector***

the following albums are not new, but i thought it would be nice to expand on our overall knowledge of the art by dropping some otherwise slept on cla**ics & say a little sumin sumin bout em  ;)...

first up:

Imam THUG - Die Hard (2003)

01. Intro feat. Tyson Beckford
02. Tholdiers & Thorties
03. True Confessions feat. Tragedy Khadafi
04. QB2G feat. Tragedy Khadafi
05. Drivers Seat feat. N.O.R.E. & Busta Rhymes
06. I Eat You Eat
07. The Greatest
08. It's Never Ovah feat. V12
09. Imam Be Buggin'
10. Freestyle
11. Get It And Shine feat. Wiz (Bravehearts)
12. Verrazano
13. Death B4 Dishonor feat. G.O.D. Pt. 3 (Infamous Mobb)
14. So Cruel feat. V12
15. My Knife feat. AK & V12
16. True Confessions Pt. 2 (TC2)
17. My Style (Dirty South Flow) feat. Pastor Troy
18. Lady feat. V12

..."Imam THUG was raised in the Queensbridge housing projects that claim infamous hip-hop artists MC Shan, Nas, Mobb Deep and Capone of Capone n Noreaga (CNN). Known to the NYPD as a menace to society, a common thug and an outlaw, Imam THUG transitioned from street hustler to artist to CEO. His name represents all that he has been through - Imam means faith and T.H.U.G. stands for Truth, Hunger, Understanding and Growth.

In 1996, after a two-year incarceration at Clinton Correctional, Imam was recruited by his then best friend Tragedy Khadafi a.k.a. Intelligent Hoodlum to work in the offices of 25 to Life Entertainment. Desiring to be more of an a**et to the company, Imam set out to become a rapper and dedicated himself to perfecting his skills. As a test of those skills he was asked to write the 16 bars that became CNNs Drivers Seat on their cla**ic album The War Report. Imam not only wrote a banging verse, but also wrote the engaging hook recited by Noreaga. The album was an instant hip-hop cla**ic and the beginning of a promising career for Imam
"...

the link will be made available in the UGHH 09 thread for youl just now  ;)

next up:

Killa Sha - God Walk On Water (2007)

01. Intro
02. Nourishment
03. Air
04. Deep Thoughts
05. Unbroken
06. One Hand Wash The Other feat. Tragedy Khadafi & Trife Da God
07. A Thing Called Love
08. Work The Plan feat. Havoc
09. Tune Of Life
10. Piff feat. ACD
11. Front Lines feat. Large Professor
12. Maskaraid
13. Come on
14. Cash
15. Mr Ni-Eve feat. Dressa
16. Stick & Move feat. Born Unique & Ill Bill
17. Un Believable

..."Born and raised in the notorious and historical Queensbridge Houses of New York City, Sha-Lumi has had a front row seat to the evolution of hip hop since day one. While being inspired by some of hip hops most influencial pioneers, including Marley Marl, MC Shan, and Biz Markie, Sha has maintained to create a flavor of his very own. Sha first began his career in hip hop as a dj and producer for a group called The Super Kids. The group consisted of himself, Craig G., and Tragedy. Their only release was a 12 single on Nia Records in 1986 called The Tragedy (Dont Do It). Unfortunately, the group later separated. Never being one to slouch, Sha kept focused and began to dj for the infamous Mobb Deep."...

the link will be made available in the UGHH 09 thread just now  ;)

lastnight i was able to download almost an entire discography of Tragedy Khadafi so if my internet quota doesnt give way, il make sure to share that with youl....for all my collectors in the house....ONE

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
these look like albums i wouldn't listen to.

lol, then pa** homes, like i said, these are for the TRUE COLLECTORS, trust me, they know what im talking bout & what kind of influence some of these records have had in shaping the way HipHop is relayed today to the public  ;)

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
these look like albums i wouldn't listen to.
lol, then pa** homes, like i said, these are for the TRUE COLLECTORS, trust me, they know what im talking bout & what kind of influence some of these records have had in shaping the way HipHop is relayed today to the public  ;)

i was referring to the Imam Thug and Killa Sha, the rest of the of the stuff is cool. it's funny how whenever i give an opinion that's contrary to a head's they immediately a**ume i know nothing about rap music. it's a bitch move, really and shows a lack of being able to argue intellectually. i've been listening to hip hop for close to 20 years. f*** a "True Collector".

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
u know panic, "bitso lebe ke seromo". that means you are in every shape and form true to the name you have given yourself on this forum. be easy homes, and stop Panicking. there was no malice in what i said, besides, who am i to say who is a True collector or not, i retract that part of my statement as it might be misconstrued due to its otherwise inept nature of delivery.

however i must reiterate, you do not want to sleep on the IMAM THUG album. if you like mobb deep, nas & em, u most def must check for it cos it is, in my opinion a blueprint so to speak of how rhyme formats were created over there in QB...i know nas says "name a rap artist i aint influenced"...IMAM THUG can say the same about QB rappers, so can Tragedy Khadafi for that matter...

there is so much music that we can not obviously "collect" it all, im sure there are records you have been bumpin over your alleged 20 year run that you might consider as collectibles, thats why i said "Pa**" if you do not fancy this one...

i am however confident that for the QB head, this is def worth "collecting"  ;)

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
cool, man.

it's just that your post sounded a bit condescending and i don't take well to that. you're a cool guy, though. keep 'em coming.  ;)

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
cool, man.

it's just that your post sounded a bit condescending and i don't take well to that. you're a cool guy, though. keep 'em coming.  ;)

lol, without a question ma duke, hope u contribute too when you get a chance...  ;)

"i keep it real with a nigga keep it real with me
 i cut the hand of a nigga tryna steal for me..."........chorus on CNN's Driver's seat written by IMAM THUG

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
this goes out to all my producer friends...a little treat from the god Large Pro:

The Large Professor - The LP (2009)

NOW JUST IN CASE YOU WONDERING ABOUT ALL THESE DIFFERENT ALBUM COVERS TO "ONE" ALBUM, here is the scoop:

"THE LARGE PROFESSOR "THE LP" is Legendary Hip Hop Producer and Emcee Large Professor's highly anticipated 1st solo debut album that was originally slated to come out on Geffen Records in 1995/1996. Due to label politics at the time, the album unfortunately was never released. Now 14 Years later the official version of "THE LP" is available. "THE LP" includes bonus unreleased songs and a few rare unearthed alternate demo versions of cla**ic tracks such as the "Mad Scientist". It also includes "I Juswanna Chill", "That Bullsh*t", the title track "The LP", "Hard", "One Plus One" featuring NAS, the newly polished up "Queens Lounge" and many more! All songs are produced by The Large Professor except "Large Pro:Verbs" produced by Vandamator & "Spacey" produced by Toney Rome.

The unreleased single "Amaman" b/w "Bowne" is available on 12" vinyl with instrumental and A Cappella versions (#PSP-005). "Amman" is a coming of age song where Xtra P kicks profound lyrics over a funky soulful track with an intense horn filled chorus. The B Side "Bowne" is Large Pro paying homage to his Alma mater: John Bowne High School in Flushing Queens, NY. "Bowne" has an infectious melody with thought provoking lyrics describing how he got his start producing and Emceeing back in High School.

This album is officially sanctioned by The Large Professor and being released through Paul Sea Productions. "The LP" is from the BOOM BAP era of Hip Hop… Before "JIGGY" and champagne spitting, money talking rappers became prevalent. As Large Professor states "This album represents a time in the 1990s when Hip Hop was more about the good times, when artists were rich in music and rich in talent and it wasn't about how much money you had
."

and you know we got you right?............... ;D

the NEW LARGE PRO will be shared in the UGHH 09 thread in a few minutes, check for it  ;)

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
okay, now for the reason i started this thread..... :D

an album is coming up in the next couple of months that i think will have a profound impact in changing the rap game & NO I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT DRE'S DETOX....im instead talking about something that will indeed drop as expected this year...KRS ONE & BUCKSHOT are set to drop a monumental album entitled "CONFLOSATION"...although i think the name is still subject to change since only 3 tracks to date have been recorded...

will keep u posted as it all unfolds....watch this space  ;)

NEW buckshot & krs one ALBUM TO BE CALLED survival skills and NOT conflosation. IT DROPS SEPTEMBER 15  ;)

Blac Satyr

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-8
  • Magnifiko
    • View Profile
views of this thread r pullin punches. Why is it I dont recall seeing any djs album reviews here? are we neglectin em cos me Im an addict so Mr oints, I nid Undaground Dj's albums information as well ps. especially those focusing on scratching skillz! Bay Area cats would be even supa dope word
Blac's V.day's R&B(Rhythm & Ba**) Reshuffled Mix:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/3sdnz0