Africasgateway.com

Producer WARS aka Challenge

The KWEDZA HOD

• Producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +23/-26
    • View Profile
    • Rebbi Muzik
Damn! im missing out...been at Ministry Of Trade re-configuring there entire network for the past week...havent had time....
FL vs Reason...interesting....when the due date?
this is gonna be interesting for me....coz i run FL and Reason as a sound module plus cubase us my main Daw......

Thats exactly what Im on....somehow... but this Prototype keeps telling you need to be on one...anyway...

that reminds me...I need to upload my Reason flips now...or shud I not>????? that remains to be heard....

You can use both, but do have a flip for one team atleast.
Now you trompet.......

You should be setting the example here and providing somwthing for the lil ones to learn from, you are the oldest....(no your not), but yeah.
Stop complaining and do what your to do

The CHEF

• CapCity's hard-working producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-14
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bleksperm
Damn! im missing out...been at Ministry Of Trade re-configuring there entire network for the past week...havent had time....
this is gonna be interesting for me....coz i run FL and Reason as a sound module plus cubase us my main Daw......

Thats exactly what Im on....somehow... but this Prototype keeps telling you need to be on one...anyway...

that reminds me...I need to upload my Reason flips now...or shud I not>????? that remains to be heard....

Now you trompet.......

You should be setting the example here and providing somwthing for the lil ones to learn from, you are the oldest....(no your not), but yeah.

Voetsek san... I know Im old, but dont bring it up  >:(

Anyway, what example shud I be setting here and providing something for the lil ones to learn, cus they hit me up on chat anyway...so you know nutting... in fact...yo one of them kids that learn by hitting me up on chat...

The KWEDZA HOD

• Producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Rebbi Muzik

The Kritik

• The Kritik
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-0
  • Respect is what you have to earn
    • View Profile

Now you trompet.......

Voetsek san... I know Im old, but dont bring it up  >:(

Anyway, what example shud I be setting here and providing something for the lil ones to learn, cus they hit me up on chat anyway...so you know nutting... in fact...yo one of them kids that learn by hitting me up on chat...

we all learnt something from trompie and i gotta admit i still am...
much respect bro..
ok! this is gonna be heavy on me coz ima FL fun but its got its down falls and Reason seems to cover up for that....bt anyways
lurv what you started wit so im going FL on this one....

The KWEDZA HOD

• Producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Rebbi Muzik
Do both, flip some for FL flip some for reason.

Now that we on the learn tip, the main thing here is that we must learn from each DAW.

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
Do both, flip some for FL flip some for reason.

Now that we on the learn tip, the main thing here is that we must learn from each DAW.

dont get me wrong, this is still a battle, the aim as much as it is to learn is to "destroy" the competition...

with that said, let me give my 2cents for everyone else who is going to be submitting their beats here...picture this competition being held on a stage with about a 100 or so onlookers, you bump your beat and the next cat bumps his...who among the two of you is guranteed to move the crowd?

im just saying cos ive seen beat battles, ive been in a couple as well and some of the beats ive heard so far lack the ability to move anything let alone a crowd, the drums are weak & the ba** lines are generic...flipping a sample wont win you a battle, trust me, we can all do that (although some still need help in that department)...

its how the beat is structured that wins a battle...people wait for the Killah BREAK, the HARD DRUMS & the innovative Ba**LINE

so with that said, lets stop pussy footing around and drop some HARD BEATS PLEASE.... ;)

The KWEDZA HOD

• Producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Rebbi Muzik
Bitter reason heads, but you are right, this is still a battle, may not be between the individual, but it still is between two rivals. Now let's kick it

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
Now let's kick it

indeed, lets set it off. all who are involved and are going to be involved, i want you to know that we are planning to follow this year's competition with a very KEEN eye on the HIPHOCALYPSE, Alias & i think itd be a good idea to have the entries as they come in and give almost a direct feed for the people in the G who cant jump on the website and monitor whats going on...

so this weekend @ 22:00 - 01:00 SATURDAY, we are going to have our first report on the 2009 AFRICASGATEWAY.COM Producer Challenges. its going to be nice to hear what the Grahamstown HEADS think of the production side of things...

so to tune into that and dare i say it get an inside scoop into what the people on the ground think of AFRICAN production, jump on

WWW.RHODESMUSICRADIO.CO.ZA @ 22:00 to 01:00 every SATURDAY................ 8)

oh, i should add that we are planning to conduct interviews with participants, most likely call producers and speak to them about what they feel is the benefit of taking part in the competition(s)...

if im not mistaken, we are to interview The REBBI this Saturday, seeing that he's been breathing life into these contests for a while now

tHIR[13]tEen

• The dude you've never met
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +6/-3
  • I'm really into Kwaito, Hip Hop is just a foot in the door...
    • View Profile
    • Press Play Music
For producers you guys sure talk a lot. Anyway, since this a beat battle let us put our egos and recognizing samples aside. Because samples are chosen for us and are limited to but approximately 1 minute - WE WILL CATCH YOU. The technical aspect needs to have weight in the judgemet. My joint goes up today, il bring the link as soon as i do what it do...
I, myself cannot make beats so i sell you those of others. It's a fair trade

The CHEF

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
En 4 an Mc U surely hold the globe 4 making ppl w8 4 yo flip. I thot U noticed tht da issue ws about ppl like me having mor than 1 DAW 2 work on,bt wel,thts sumwht sorted. As 4 me en Oints,we always politic,so dnt mind us :-)

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
lol....i downloaded your flips Trompie, im listening to the Dretoxification right now...so u chose the same sample as i did, that makes it more interesting for me to comment on this...leme seee....ahhhhhm!

i like it mayn  ;), the drums are hard enough to get necks jerking, the chops are nice too... but i have one question,
where is the ba**? i cant hear it homes, or maybe its my speaker system ???...

ima bump the rest later...ONE

The CHEF

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Wadup Oints?

Anyway, i never even needed a ba**line within major strings.

Im actually currently recording a joint wit OG en GEE Dub. As 4 drums,changed totally.

Sori neva cater 2 yo 2mm speakers. :-) lol.

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
Wadup Oints?

Anyway, i never even needed a ba**line within major strings.

Im actually currently recording a joint wit OG en GEE Dub. As 4 drums,changed totally.

Sori neva cater 2 yo 2mm speakers. :-) lol.

this nigga is dissing me  :-\ , ima get u back mayn...

still maintain that u lace a ba** on that beat though, even a moderate one, ima get at u with FEED on the rest of the beats ma nigg, keep ON!

tHIR[13]tEen

• The dude you've never met
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +6/-3
  • I'm really into Kwaito, Hip Hop is just a foot in the door...
    • View Profile
    • Press Play Music
Im workin on uploading. Life is rough but its on the way. If youre scared of whats coming, i dont blame you...
I, myself cannot make beats so i sell you those of others. It's a fair trade

The KWEDZA HOD

• Producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Rebbi Muzik
Interesting, but not as much as my first reason......

Hey let's get back to this