Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Producer WARS aka Challenge

Darklight

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-22
    • View Profile
this is a reminder that i have all the flips so far, and the HIPHOCALYPSE tommorrow night @ 22pm to 1am on a SATURDAY will air them as part of a grahamstown featured production segment of the show.

just pronounce my name right lol...

che monu = shame on you ;)

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
Got all the beats, im goin home to give them a bash. Il holla about what i think-if it means anythng. Oh and by da way,there is no Malstroom in my beat

i stand corrected   ;)

this is a reminder that i have all the flips so far, and the HIPHOCALYPSE tommorrow night @ 22pm to 1am on a SATURDAY will air them as part of a grahamstown featured production segment of the show.

just pronounce my name right lol...

che monu = shame on you ;)

no problem  ;)

tHIR[13]tEen

• The dude you've never met
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +6/-3
  • I'm really into Kwaito, Hip Hop is just a foot in the door...
    • View Profile
    • Press Play Music
@Oints, had never heard your music n was impressed with the amount of theory you had on the program. I thoutht your sound would showcase the knowledge. Your beat was nothing i havent played and not skipped. SAMPLING-too simple, sounds basic. Ba**-flat n shy. DRUMS-Nice, i dig de pattern!, INNOVATION-disappointed, no effects to support the core loop?C'mon - ITS REASON!!
I, myself cannot make beats so i sell you those of others. It's a fair trade

Soul Amazin'

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-28
  • I got next....
    • View Profile
Damn this challenge is getting more and more interesting, now this is wat AG is supposed to be about.... :)

Is Reason that difficult to use and master, how come there's so much more Fruits than Reasons...?

tHIR[13]tEen

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • Press Play Music
@J-one. In the world of production youl soon learn that the age card will disappear. I dont listen to age, i listen to beats. Your take was una**suming. It ws a gud attempt but when it landed i was not surpized. What caught me tho was the drums - beautiful.
SAMPLING-straight forward, de sample ws a loop n i thnk messin wt it wud b suicide. Ba**-you couldv added a little flair, esp wher you filter de beat. DRUMS-fresh n lively. INNOVATION-De filter ws cul,ul learn how 2 murder it in time tho

tHIR[13]tEen

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • Press Play Music
@Trompie. Confused as to which beat is officially running, i decided 2 follow lead with Oints n pick de DosGardenians chop. The sound was nice, clean. Dug the whole production credit theme however that falls short when it cms to BEAT BATTLING! ur goin play it on stage.
SAMPLE-nicely looped, it has variation in sm parts - smooth. Ba**-contained in da sample, people wann hear urs in a battle
DRUMS-Obvious layback, too laid bk 2 murc an opponent. INNOVATION-well, no supporting efx 4rm de program?i thnk i hear a synthetic violin but im nt sure. Its way 2 simple 2 make a difference!

tHIR[13]tEen

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • Press Play Music
@trompie. My bad, i meant ur not going 2 play that on stage when up against another producer

tHIR[13]tEen

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • Press Play Music
@che. My apologies, jst realised i dnt hv your beat. I promise to get it sm time next week and give my two cents worth.

@Soul Amazin, think of FruityOops as the BROAD GATE and think of Reason as the NARROW PATH. The chosen few walk the narrow path that leads to EVERLASTING BEATS.lol*pullin a leg*

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
@Oints, had never heard your music n was impressed with the amount of theory you had on the program. I thoutht your sound would showcase the knowledge. Your beat was nothing i havent played and not skipped. SAMPLING-too simple, sounds basic. Ba**-flat n shy. DRUMS-Nice, i dig de pattern!, INNOVATION-disappointed, no effects to support the core loop?C'mon - ITS REASON!!

peace for giving it a bump ma dude ;)

and you right, there are more knobs i couldve fiddled with to give the sound more of a dynamic but i didnt. made the mistake of a**uming there wouldnt be a need to put in much effort on the beat since i was submitting it on the 1st leg of the competition. wont happen again, im ready for the second round, im sure youl have something different to tell me when that is over.... :)

ONE

The CHEF

• CapCity's hard-working producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-14
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bleksperm
@ cindarella,meant After 12 :-)

Thnx 4 bumping thm shaets... I wnt try 2 justify! I knw en U knw wht I cn cum up wit. All 3 were made in a space of 3hrs,so tht ws expectd tho.

Unfortunately I hvn't dl'd niccz beats,bt wil do moment I gt a chance. Curious wht U cm up wit. Ths b lyk beat society bt without seeing yo opponents. My concern is hw cn we protect content here nt 2 b leeched.
Seeing tht the Reason team is beefed up,gotta gt my 'A' game. Be warned!

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
My concern is hw cn we protect content here nt 2 b leeched.

Trompie does have a point there, the producers taking part in these challenges run the risk of having thier work looted by onlookers who like vultures really have no other bearing in this competition except to pilfer, the true HEADS and scholars of music aside of course...

so i think we need to start brainstorming on a more secure line of deposit or maybe we can just put acapellas on the beats, i know thats what i did with the beat i submitted, that sorta negates the risk of someone jacking it and making something else with it without my knowledge...just a suggestion :)

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• http://www.soundclick.com/J-oNERSA
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +17/-30
  • I got the coolest shower door in S.A
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa
@J-one. In the world of production youl soon learn that the age card will disappear. I dont listen to age, i listen to beats. Your take was una**suming. It ws a gud attempt but when it landed i was not surpized. What caught me tho was the drums - beautiful.
SAMPLING-straight forward, de sample ws a loop n i thnk messin wt it wud b suicide. Ba**-you couldv added a little flair, esp wher you filter de beat. DRUMS-fresh n lively. INNOVATION-De filter ws cul,ul learn how 2 murder it in time tho

Lol. I don't know if you heard but Imma sore loser so just for that you might just find a new beat up. Thanks for the feed though.

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 01:18:38 PM by Sir blacK »
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• http://www.soundclick.com/J-oNERSA
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +17/-30
  • I got the coolest shower door in S.A
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa
Oh I downloaded your beat a while ago.
Lemme bump it again so I can give proper feedback.

tHIR[13]tEen

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • Press Play Music
@Sir Black. When your beat kinda sounds like the 50 cent single, Get Up. Not bad. Ok, i liked your approach. Grimy, Battle-type sound. Thats dope cs u werent here to give back ma**ages and rub our toes. SAMPLE-gritty n grimy. Experience will teach you better but for now, proper. Ba**-wudv made a difference to me had you had your own but it wsnt a major blow. DRUMS-i peep where youre coming from but i PERSONALLY didnt like them. They werent bad. INNOVATION-i liked the fact that you had support you had for your core loop. I wont recommend the backing sounds you used though, way 2 unattached to your beat. BUT you had them, it shows you undastand what a battle is - bringing sound! Thumbs up from Thir[13]teen...i mean...After12