DaT NiGGa P-DuB

• www.25tolyf.com
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +14/-18
  • Grrrrrrrrindin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/djpeeweeproductionz
Sup...Cats...

firstly i cant deny this drake has been on my playlist for the last 3 days straight...heard him last year but never paid him that much time... BUT now i think this cat is the real deal!? what u guys think? Saw his concert on the net the other day.. i dont think there has ever been this much hype about an unsigned cat like this for a while.. his buzz is crazy! to make it worse the guy has no album...this is just off mixtapes... and his concert the other day was star-studded from talib to kanye!

does anyone have any of his other mixtapes apart from so far gone?

what u guys think? is he the real deal or overhyped?

DaT NiGGa P-DuB

• www.25tolyf.com
  • AG Extremist
  • Grrrrrrrrindin
    • View Profile
listenin to "best i ever had" and he says - "buzz so big i could prolly sell a blank disc" - WORD!!

Blac Satyr

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-8
  • Magnifiko
    • View Profile
No doubt Drake's got an outstandin' skillz afta Leslie to me..

Drake's Mixtape So Far Gone:
www.sendspace.com/file/fj1ih8
LINK REMOVED/download/5557056704f4d392/
LINK REMOVED/?sharekey=23d4cd7c07b81e848c9e7c56ba37815f299010c61b671289

TreyPeezy.com Presents - Drake "aLive" Mixtape 2009

LINK REMOVED/download/602402502ad65b94

01. Drake "aLive" Mixtape Intro (TreyPeezy.com)
02. Drake - The Presentation
03. Drake - Swagger Like Us Freestyle
04. Drake - Congratulations LIVE
05. Drake - Girl Let Me
06. Drake - Unstoppable LIVE
07. Drake - Uptown LIVE
08. Drake - A Milli Freestyle
09. Drake - Overdose On Life
10. Drake feat. Colin Munroe - Cannon Ball
11. Drake with Cipha Sounds on Hot97 (Interlude 1)
12. Drake feat. Lil Wayne - Stunt Hard
13. Usher In The Building (Interlude)
14. Drake - Brand New LIVE
15. Drake - Take You Down Freestyle
16. Drake - Get Over It
17. Drake - Enjoy Ya Self
18. Drake feat. Trey Songz - Pop Rose'
19. Drake feat. Trey Songz - Successful LIVE
20. Drake feat. Trey Songz - Replacement Girl
21. Drake - Sooner Than Later LIVE
22. Drake feat. Treazon - Tonight
23. Drake - Ransom LIVE
24. Drake - Funkmaster Flex Freestyle
25. Drake with Cipha Sounds on Hot97 (Interlude 2)
26. Drake feat. Swizz Beatz - Best I Ever Had (Ted Smooth Remix)
27. Drake feat. Busta Rhymes - Best I Ever Had (Remix)
28. Drake - Best I Ever Had LIVE
29. Drake feat. Black Cotton & T-Pain - Every Girl (Remix)
30. Drake feat. Lil Wayne - Every Girl LIVE
31. Drake "aLive" Mixtape Outro (TreyPeezy.com)
32. Bonus Track - Black Cotton feat. Brian Carlos - Fly Like Me (Prod. by TreyPeezy Dot Com)
33. Bonus Track - Black Cotton - Back & Forth
34. Bonus Track - Black Cotton - We On
35. Bonus Track - Black Cotton feat. McKennie Love - Mafia Music
36. Bonus Track - Black Cotton - Ignorate Shit Freestyle
Blac's V.day's R&B(Rhythm & Ba**) Reshuffled Mix:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/3sdnz0

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
man, i hate 'Best I Ever Had'. just find the whole chanting "you're the f***ing best" thing so incredibly gay. and highschool - like that Degra**i show he used to act in. i'd seriously rather listen to Souljah Boy Tell Em's 'Turn My Swag On'. but that aside, Drake's got some decent shit out.

this is such a dope topic but im typing off a shitty phone so ill keep it brief. in the blog and online video era its easy to mistake over-exposure by a few parties as blowing the f*** up. for example it might seem that way for Drake, but i can honestly tell you that theres probably quite a few people on this website who dont even know who the f*** he is. now imagine his exposure  in south africa at large, in africa - where connectivity is a problem and the main source of media consumption is radio and TV. look at Asher Roth. dude was a cultural phenomenon in the states and his hype machine was one of the most industrious ever. it even went as far as being racially controversial pushing the whole American post racial agenda. he was splashed across every other blog and his freestyles were popping up everywhere. but outside of the nets and the states hardly anyone knew nor cared for the "middle cla** eminem". he was filling up shows as well. then dude dropped his album - and disappeared. 
same shit will happen with Drake. this online shit is an instant fix and its not an accurate depiction of an artist's progress. the same thing will also happen to Charles Hamilton (did you notice how quiet he was - until he went and got knocked the f*** out by that girl in that video). out of all these cats its probably Kid Cudi whos relatively known and will last a bit longer in the mainstream and thats because the Day 'N Nite remix is an international smash hit. and its not online or download either (like say, Best I Ever Had) its a smash hit in mainstream media outlets. sheeit, its probably 2009's 'In Da Club' :D. apparantly Drake got a Wayne cosign but we dont see it the way that Cudi features in Kanye West's 'Heartbreak'.

with all of this said i ride with Wale out of these dudes . his moves are solid, he's staying away from this quick fix shit and he's lyrical with a different flow. if he carries on like this he'll last and make his mark. 

DaT NiGGa P-DuB

• www.25tolyf.com
  • AG Extremist
  • Grrrrrrrrindin
    • View Profile
intersting panic...

i feel u on the internet hype... but to be honest i think drake is doin a fantastic job with his hype coz unlike asther roth - he is releasing quality music! but yeah i doubt if he dropped now he would sell over 60k in the first week....

nonetheless i was checking talib's blog and Questlove and they were all sayin this dude is phenomenal!

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
yeah man im interested in shit like this. i think hip hop is the most innovative force in the recording industry right now and its doing very exciting things as far as marketing goes. the thing about the up and coming rapper today is that he or she has two options. 1. stay close to the ground, grind thorough, put in time, establish a legacy, rise up slowly, and cautiously throw yourself in the gap. 2. go online, get high profile cosigns, create internet buzz, get that niche magazine buzz, become flavour of the month, and - very important - drop a HIT for radio and tv to let the rest of them know. then - even more important - keep dropping them consistently and holding attention.

only time will tell with Drake. personally i dont think he has the whole package (whats his story? his character? what makes it unique and captivating?) enough to become a force in hip hop over the next few years.

biz-ark-human

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-2
    • View Profile
    • Corporate Nemesis on bandcamp
Interesting analyses over here. Personally, well, I haven't heard enuff of his music to comment thoroughly. Will give the mixtapes a listen, and perhaps be better informed as to give a better review

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +19/-16
    • View Profile
i think PANIC hit it on the head! for instance, i have neva even heard OF Drake.. i found out about Asher Roth when sum1 put up a link to an Asher Roth diss track. i downloaded it coz i could really.. then i got an Asher Roth track link..

i'm now downloading Drake and will hit the Tube for a performance or sumthin...
"How can I stay anonymous, when it's my job to be famous?"

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Who's DRAKE ?
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

DaT NiGGa P-DuB

• www.25tolyf.com
  • AG Extremist
  • Grrrrrrrrindin
    • View Profile
Drake is a pretty boy from canada who is making some waves -mostly on the mixtape scene - he is like a rappin ryan leslie - he sings and busts - quite dope and fresh in my opinion.

Blac Satyr

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-8
  • Magnifiko
    • View Profile
I don't wanna be too judgemental on how far Drake's gonna get or underestimate what's in store for him. But accordin' to me, I wud say I c him as someone with quite, a very good potencial. Or perhaps he's still on that Industry learnin' process. But nontheless I see him as someone who's ready to cease it all & soon about to get a lot of expossure & credit for his work,  after that cat weezy worked with on lollipop. I won't be surprised to c him & Rihanna colaborating for his 1st single, creatin' a lil fuss between 'em would really gives him a bit of publicity lol & would probably make Chris Brown to up his game ahahahahaaaa steer some beef!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 03:34:27 PM by Blac™ »
Blac's V.day's R&B(Rhythm & Ba**) Reshuffled Mix:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/3sdnz0

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
aight, from the joint u send me PeeWee i would say homie is dope. i'll be checking for him.

"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

Mad

• CEO of goldmine rec.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +23/-161
  • hood whips
    • View Profile

Last of the old AG Hittaz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-18
    • View Profile
For some reason, I'm still used to him as an actor in Degra**i. I remember years back,
he was in an interview saying that he wanted to do music, citing Kriss Kross as an influence.
As for the "Best I ever had" song, it's a nice joint, I just got annoyed with it quick since the
local radio stations keep playing it. I had no idea the Lil' Wayne was gonna sign him to his Young Money label.

Msanii_XL

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
  • Africa Dreaming....
    • View Profile
    • http://beneathdasurface.com/

with all of this said i ride with Wale out of these dudes . his moves are solid, he's staying away from this quick fix shit and he's lyrical with a different flow. if he carries on like this he'll last and make his mark. 

Man i just don't see it for Wale i wonder he did not capitalize on the roots co-sign and push it...Kid cudi and Drake got the most chance...This ninja Drake is on everything from mellow LB type shit(slakah the beat child canadian beat maker, dope album btw) to the little Wayne type shit. Will withhold judgment though...

« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 05:31:03 PM by Msanii_XL »
BNTS
Listening to
Curren$Y- The Jet files...
Meyer Hawthorne-Strange arrangement
Washed outLife of leisure