Producer WARS aka GAME OVER(by Remy)

DaT NiGGa P-DuB

• www.25tolyf.com
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +14/-18
  • Grrrrrrrrindin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/djpeeweeproductionz
INDEED ROB....REASON 4 is the most superior sequencer out there, thats not even up for debate, these little tiffs we have going on here will not change that......yeah i said it....i said it on AG.com i said it... ;D

but on the strength, CUBASE 5 is probably the only DAW thats going to see me part ways with my beloved REASON, WHY?, well simply put, it is everything in one, and thats in the most literal meaning....

il share a couple of tricks with you guys as soon as monday morning cos i figure ima need the whole weekend to try and see what about the basics i can grasp  ;D............................. 8)

oh yeah, another thing Rob, check your PM, im sending you the flip i did for this 2nd leg....

made some nice flips in there with that THOR device on the REASON 4  ;D  ;)

*cough*DAW whore*cough*

cubase lost me on cubase 3. dont know if i can go back - so break it down for me. coz i have been tempted

The CHEF

• CapCity's hard-working producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-14
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bleksperm
Someone pls take away bragging rights away from this nicca....lol

Smack it while at it.... oooh oooh... can a bragging app be intro'd.... ;D

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
^^^^^

whatever PeeWee, mxm, u too Trompie... youl is just jelly.... lol   :P

gimmie till monday ma nigg PeeWee, and ima have the basics pretty much cracked out for you....but if i were to tell you about all the features on 5, ima have to open a new thread..... ::)

Soul Amazin'

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-28
  • I got next....
    • View Profile
oh yeah, another thing Rob, check your PM, im sending you the flip i did for this 2nd leg....

send it 2 me too, Remy is stil snoozin.... ;D

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
Silence peasant I'm back

That not good enough for ya?

Syklik Beatz

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-0
  • 360°
    • View Profile
    • Syklik
Damn i am loving the Namco Brave Sword sample.
The Touch Of Elegance

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile

Soul Calibur is one of my favourite games of all time

Knowledge

• What a dream. Life is an illusion
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +2/-2
    • View Profile
INDEED ROB....REASON 4 is the most superior sequencer out there, thats not even up for debate, these little tiffs we have going on here will not change that......yeah i said it....i said it on AG.com i said it... ;D

but on the strength, CUBASE 5 is probably the only DAW thats going to see me part ways with my beloved REASON, WHY?, well simply put, it is everything in one, and thats in the most literal meaning....

il share a couple of tricks with you guys as soon as monday morning cos i figure ima need the whole weekend to try and see what about the basics i can grasp  ;D............................. 8)

My man thats trash talk. Reason is not a match for Pro Tools. Im also bowing out of this challenge after this round.
Tested what I wanted to test and now I'm moving on.

Imma up my flip or flips on Tuesday.
Peace

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile

Soul Calibur is one of my favourite games of all time

and i belive i am not exaggerating when i say delt it a great FATALITY   ;D

infact let me break it down for youl, my 2 cents worth of info for those interested:

REASON 4...

the arsenal:

had to first initialize the patch, from there i was able to use the device as a host and put in my own drums. with the Redrum as a host device you are able to use the effects and capabilities it has on your own drums. so i added a light open kick to teh end of each bar and i doubled that up with a clap, a rimshot and a closed crash...the hihats were what added the rhythm, i used the DR REX for that....

infact, i used two DR ReX devices for the hi hat pattern alone....loaded a rock loop in one and a techno loop in the other....mixed them to fit a 4 beat rhythm in 88 bpm...without them, the drums are empty...so i loved working with those  ;D

for the manipulation of the sample, i used my trusted sampler, the NN19:

but i have to say, the NN19 couldnt have cleaned the sample and gave it the right atmosphere if it werent for this:

with the SCREAM patch i was able to give the sample a choral feel but still preserve the grittiness of the the original one...plus it helps that you can get a different pitch almost without changing the timing of the sample, so it still remains on beat but its manipulated at different points to give multiples variations in one wave.

but i have to say, my prize horse in the 2nd leg:

with this baby i reconfigured the sound of the entire beat, its almost like parallel compression if you will (Phil might appreciate this if hes cracked the safe yet ;) ).

the process:

i first start by manipulating an individual sample, get it tuned through its effects, filters and so forth. after i do that to the drums, the ba**, the strings and sample, i take each of them again and rewire them into the THOR device....that gives each a different sound, you can choose from a collage of room acoustics, not to mention orchestral sounds....i absolutely LOVED this device...

thats my flip in a nutshell................................. 8)

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

My man thats trash talk. Reason is not a match for Pro Tools. Im also bowing out of this challenge after this round.
Tested what I wanted to test and now I'm moving on.

Imma up my flip or flips on Tuesday.
Peace

Different things, surely? Reason is purely for making tunes and you can use ProTools for all sorts of shit.

ProTools is actually a little irritating to use, especially with the iLoks and authentication you have to go through. It's irritating that it'll only work with M-Audio interfaces.

Gimme Cubase any day.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

Darklight

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-22
    • View Profile

reason seems too complicated for my brain ::)

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
Different things, surely? Reason is purely for making tunes and you can use ProTools for all sorts of shit.

ProTools is actually a little irritating to use, especially with the iLoks and authentication you have to go through. It's irritating that it'll only work with M-Audio interfaces.

Gimme Cubase any day.

thanks for the clarification there Rob  ;), indeed, i must concede, ProTools is more complete in the mechanics of music creation, but i still remain adamant, for a producer in training, REASON offers the best platform to equip oneself with the necessary expertise to get the best out of sound with otherwise rudimentary equipment, enabling one not to only have a feel for how a professional studio is otherwise configured but to make sure you dont lose your way too much when you find yourself in one ;) ...

and YES, i will have a different story to tell on monday after i fiddle with the CUBASE 5, because of the simple fact that you aim to get the best sound always, hence my gradual graduation to "slightly better" DAWs and thus my new found fondness for CUBASE...

reason seems too complicated for my brain ::)

hardly, trust me, for interested persons, when the competition is over, i can perhaps up a few tutorial pages i got from this other REASON forum. they are basic steps in sample manipulation and drum programming... :)

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
^^ I might actually install the reason 3 thats been sitting on my desktop for 6 months