Africasgateway.com

Burqa

Capt Schti · 128 · 31250

Capt Schti

• Two sips from being a tyrant.
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
Kinda late on this but I support that midget president of France.
Being atheist I obviously hold no brief for anyone but no one can tell me that having women wearing black from head to toe looking like mobile post boxes is not oppressive.
In fact it shows just how non-existant the understanding of women muslim men have.

There is no woman on this earth who doesn't want to dress up and look sexy.
 You wish some didn't, but no woman would voluntarily cover herself in black finish and klaar.   

"I just want to enter my house justified" Bloody Sam

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
you are treading on dangerous territory here my friend, im all for freedom of speech, but its often prudent to do one's research and appreciate any said subject matter before you hurl slander at it and try to demean it with idiotic statements...Muslims have and still are taking too much crap from people who simply do NOT UNDERSTAND the religion. what say you let this one go and play your hand at something else... :-[

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
you are treading on dangerous territory here my friend, im all for freedom of speech, but its often prudent to do one's research and appreciate any said subject matter before you hurl slander at it and try to demean it with idiotic statements...Muslims have and still are taking too much crap from people who simply do NOT UNDERSTAND the religion. what say you let this one go and play your hand at something else... :-[

Co-sign. Who said all women want to dress up and be sexy ? Some women are proud of how they dress and what their role in the family is. see The Amish.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Agree with Oints.

Do your research before you bash a religion. My one friend, who happens to be extremely hot, recently decided to start wearing the Burqa. Her muslim family, including her father, were against it, but she feels that she wants to do  it and be more pious.

It is a personal choice for many muslim women to wear the burqa. As much as it may be used a form of oppression, it is also a symbol for some of them. My friends are evn pissed at another chick who wears her burqa during the day and then takes it off to go clubbing and whoring at night.

They asked her to stop, because she is besmirching the meaning of the Burqa.

I don't understand it, and as an atheist I find it somewhat silly, but I also don't agree with imposing laws onto people based on your ignorance, which is what the French are doing.

It is a personal choice. What's next? Banning orthodox Jews from wearing their sideburns and hats? Maybe they should ban those silly collars that Catholic priests wear.

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

Papa ThReAdS

• Are you a bish?? Then you can love me.
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +24/-31
  • The beautiful man...The beautiful Legend...
    • View Profile
What's next? Banning orthodox Jews from wearing their sideburns and hats? Maybe they should ban those silly collars that Catholic priests wear.

Or even worse! Force brittish people to brush their teeth and make it compulsary for the french to bath regularly.
Beating bitches since 1982.

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Maybe we should ban religion.

how about we ban atheism, cos it just doesn't make any sense ?

"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile

Religion makes even less sense.

What do you mean atheism makes no sense?

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile

i agree.
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile

without making this a us againt u typa argument...

id like to ask, what is atheism?
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

Capt Schti

• AG Regular
    • View Profile

You idiotic git!
Did have to go ahead and prove how idiotic religious people are?
How does your mom feel about you worshipping thin air?

Again which female do you know would willing want to look like a burnt meatball with eyes?
Now try using reason to answer that, I know it's hard.  

And it's libel not slander.  

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
To those who have done their research.

Do you believe that women were in the begging involved in the decision to get them to were the Burqa? Is the wearing of the Burqa a cultural thing or something based on their religious belief(e.g return in the Quran)?

It is not for me to speak on behalf of muslim women but it does appear to be oppressive and like something that was imposed on them whether they now have the freedom of choice to wear it or not. Pardon my ignorance, if it is the case, for thiniking most of those who wear it dont have a say in the matter.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 11:57:52 AM by Camera Man »

Capt Schti

• AG Regular
    • View Profile

You are out of your depth.

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

how does religion make no sense ? most religions are based on good values, rules and historical facts. that makes more sense to me than the notion that  deities do not exist.

how do u explain creation ? don't give me that evolution b.s. a bee ? an elephant ? the thousands of aquatic species in the seas ? the weather ? the  universe ? the sun ? DNA ? how babies develop from an egg to a full human being ? the brain ? did these things just come to be by themselves ?

to me it makes more sense that someone is responsible for all of this. but u know what, we all know where this topic is gonna go, so let's just dead it yo.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 12:00:21 PM by MrC The Rap God Almighty »

Capt Schti

• AG Regular
    • View Profile

i agree.

You too.

I stand by my original statement. No one women wants to wear black for head to toe.

And for this she did it because she wanted to be more pious. It just proves my point.