Africasgateway.com

Burqa

Capt Schti · 128 · 31310

Capt Schti

• Two sips from being a tyrant.
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
i don't want to take it anywhere. it's boring.

My point (a**umption) was on women, I said no woman wants to be covered, not no muslim woman wants to be covered. Yes there is a difference.

this is even worse. it's just silly to place as large an a**umption as this as the basis for an argument with someone other than yourself. who says they don't? you? society?

In fact let's take you as an example, I backed up every argument against you using facts you simple said I don't know what this means or that means without actually making valid counter points. 

i was discussing theory on scientific discourse and knowledge production (i stated this in my first response - read before leaping) and you were reciting what you were taught in your grade 7 Physical Science cla**. it's like calculus to arithmetic.

Why would I have "faith" in something that can be proven. You might know what teolooscpy is but you sure can't crack the meaning of faith.

scientific Theory cannot be proven - it is conjecture that has been guided by arbitrary laws. science is not the only explanation to the phenomena which comprise human experience simply because it has it's limitations - i.e only science decides what is "scientific" and can fit narrowly into its orders and terms. just because the scientific way of thinking is so prevalent in society that the a**umptions that lie at its base are invisible to the scientist and the lay man alike, it does not mean the a**umptions are not there. that's simple enough. that's why i said look up episteme because this scientific way of thinking shifts with time, and along the way some of these a**umptions are uprooted and discarded. compare the age of Enlightenment to the present day. science is falible mainly because no one can explain how the episteme shifts - amended a**umptions are just accepted as a show of faith. science is a way of observing and interpreting (in its own terms) world phenomena - and then emulating them. it is not the reason for them. its a**ertive counter-part is Theory and it "proves" nothing. there's no need to go jumping off buildings. it's silly to think that just because i question science as machine and as a system which follows a certain route in producing knowledge, i think that without it we would float in mid-air.

anyway.

you've been belittling and narrow-minded in this thread from the jump. hence, it's hard to point to someone who actually "understood" your point, which was rubbish to begin with.

i mean Sarkozy says it shows subservience and you "agree" by saying all women want to sexualize themselves. both of you are imposing and deciding on the desires and liberties of bodies other than your own. yes, you are men and this kind of shit is accommodated by society.

but how is it any less oppressive than the religion you're shitting on?

Buddy,

Don't understand your first point about what's worse or something... 

"Scientific theory cannot be proven?"

Uh... if it can be applied i.e splitting an atom, it's not a theory anymore.

Also, dude, there is theory and then there is science.

There is theory of communism and then there is the fact of gravity.

Get it?

Every thought/idea is a theory, before it can become a fact (science) or an ideal (communism).

I told you that you called me a 12 grader without countering your point rationally and properly. What do you do? You call me me a 7th grader?

It's f***ing self parody of the worse kind.               

"Point to someone who agrees?"

Why? To be a sheep? Come on...   

Everything I have written, everyone can understand and think about, not necca**ary agree .
You?
Knowledge production? What the f*** is that? Like I said you'll get someone who is IQ fragile, not me.           

To think that you think you can even hang is beyond me...

What do I think of the French? Fascist pigs.

But to keep my city the fashion capital of the world I would ban burqas. But then your original argument was not about that. Straw, you clutch.         

Look I'm in Joburg, drink in Melville and live in Newtown. I gather you in Cape Town.
Let's conspire to meet whenever the one is in the other city.
Cool?         
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 10:28:51 PM by Capt Schti »
"I just want to enter my house justified" Bloody Sam

Msanii_XL

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
  • Africa Dreaming....
    • View Profile
    • http://beneathdasurface.com/
i mean Sarkozy says it shows subservience and you "agree" by saying all women want to sexualize themselves. both of you are imposing and deciding on the desires and liberties of bodies other than your own. yes, you are men and this kind of shit is accommodated by society.

How does this OP not grasp this?
BNTS
Listening to
Curren$Y- The Jet files...
Meyer Hawthorne-Strange arrangement
Washed outLife of leisure

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
What im going to say is what i have learnt from being part of the Zen community since 2001.

We are made up of accumulated energy, or accumulated universes, each growing according to the principle of Natural Growth. Embrace this and know the perfection(even if you think are a f*** up,you are perfect its just havent realised it) that you are and will become. Live your life for YOU. Learn from others, but never let them determine your destiny. Your destiny is a choice, a gift from the infinite universe to you. It is the gift of consciousness. Whatever you choose God to be, God is. If you wish, the God of the Bible will be your God or the God of the Koran will be your God. Find enlightening experiences all around you like Buddha, look to Ramtha’s teachings or ignore all of them and go your own way.Whichever you choose, you are right, but for God’s sake niggaz, just choose!

1+1=2 (or 1,1,2) is the answer to life, the universe and everything because it literally represents the foundation of life, the universe and everything. Our lives are completely and entirely made up of this equation and if we can understand its simplicity, we can reach outward to the layers of infinite dimensions that grow out of it. So:

1 Represents your past (the accumulated external knowledge, yin)
1 Represents your present (the internal appreciation of experience, yang)
2 Represents your future (the growth that arises from the two

This is your “three”: Mind, Body, Spirit; Father, Son, Holy Ghost, etc and whatever you wanna call it We play in the realm
of three dimensions which is why this number is so important. Think, for example, about
how much easier it is to remember numbers in groups of three (for example: the number
274365 is far easier to remember as 27, 43, 65). When you are able to understand this and apply all three in your life, then you are conscious.Notice how the internal and the external, male and female, positive and negative, all
operate in the realm of duality. It is very easy to get caught up in this and neglect your own growth, your own development, your own FUTURE. As you fully understand and embrace these first thee dimensions, then you can engage the fourth dimension. The fourth dimension is simply a whole bunch of three dimensional states (a whole lot of 1,1,2’s) strung together by something that we call time.

From 1,1,2 come my three A’s of life: Awareness, Appreciation, Action.

1: Representing the past. Your past is purely the accumulation of your Awarenes, or the external knowledge your have acquired through your five senses: smell, hear, see, taste and touch (let’s just a**ume you only have five senses for now). Do you remember the last time you actually used your sense of smell? Do you remember the last time you were tickled beautifully! The more of these senses you experience, the greater your knowledge base (your past) will become. And the greater your past, the greater your present and that leads to greater growth towards your future intention.

1: Representing the present. Your present is the internal comparison of an
experience that is happening to you NOW with something that happened in your
past. In other words, everything that is happening right now is being <A>ppreciated and is referenced with your accumulated knowledge base.Remember, all your energy can do is combine its present with its past to get its future (the Law of Natural Growth). This comparison is internalised in the human body through emotion. A gunshot gives you a fright because you are comparing it with the silence that came before it. The sunset tonight is beautiful because last night it was raining. The external vs. internal or past vs. present as represented
by 1,1 is the foundation of our being, just as it is the foundation of the universe
(the Garden of Infinite Unity).
2: Representing the future. Your future is determined purely by the combination of your past and present and will not manifest without <A>ction! This is why living in duality consciousness will, by your own choice, restrict your growth.
Until you start <A>cting, you are NOT conscious.Awareness, Appreciation, Action are also referred to as the Science of Knowing (the past),the Mysticism of Being (the present) and the Magic of Doing (the future). People who grow faster than others nurture and grow their energy instead of suppressing their experiences. They do not trap themselves in the two dimensional world of “I’m right and you’re wrong!” Out of duality comes reality: you need to get out there and start doing or
you will not grow. <A>ction is the key!

ZEN IS THE WAY
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 09:44:29 AM by New,Jack »

Mad

• CEO of goldmine rec.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +23/-161
  • hood whips
    • View Profile
WTF??? I SWEAR TO GOD IM GONA f***ING PULL OUT A MUSLIM GENOCIDE IF THIS SHIT STILL CONTINUES
Hood.

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
i hope, Captain, it is not a barfight you are after!

i  believe in non-violence. both out of inclination and necessity. you see, God (who may or may not exist) saw it fit to stuff all twenty somewhat odd years of me into the body of an infant.

but i can drink! next im in the City of Foreign Gold peddling the written word for a pittance (as is my wont) i'll throw you a smoke signal (via Jah, of course). there is more to this Foucault character than you give credit for and anyway these discussions are best suited for the tavern!

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile

i  believe in non-violence. both out of inclination and necessity. you see, God (who may or may not exist) saw it fit to stuff all twenty somewhat odd years of me into the body of an infant.

but i can drink! next im in the City of Foreign Gold peddling the written word for a pittance (as is my wont) i'll throw you a smoke signal (via Jah, of course). there is more to this Foucault character than you give credit for and anyway these discussions are best suited for the tavern!

ha ha ha ha!

if this really is an invite for a bar fight, i suggest you start bundling up those thick philosophy books and work on you biceps.

Capt Schti

• Two sips from being a tyrant.
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile

Violence is not sexy.  

Brilliant. I'll listen...        
"I just want to enter my house justified" Bloody Sam

Mad

• CEO of goldmine rec.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +23/-161
  • hood whips
    • View Profile
lol@ panic

@capti please delete this thread, il buy you drugs and noodles
Hood.