Africasgateway.com

KRS-ONE - Ah Yeah_Rmx!

Prof. X (of The B.e.et Academy)

• The Academy
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
    • The Academic
Yo' fellow people... I remixed the KRS-ONE joint "Ah Yeah" and it is one of my first remixes so I need all the feed(back) I can get... Please hit me up. X.

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
peace allah...

gave your jam a bump and this is what i think:

first of all the concept you had on this was hella fresh, i like the beat arrangement, the breaks in it to accentuate the emcee's message are very cleverly done, sometimes the hardest thing to do is not to beat match but is to make sumin that complements the message in the lyrics and the tone of the lyrics, i think u got it here... ;)

however, i think what you need to work on more than anything is the overall rhyme & beat matching cos after the first 30seconds it kinda loses the flow the bit and jumps back on track after the first minute and a half...

im talking about the beat matching cos the beat mastering itself can easily be sorted out. when you handle that, pay close attention to your hi hats, they sound hella raw and un-treated right now, try tweaking them a bit, either that or double them up with an open hi hat cos you used a closed on here... that will give the production more warmth and make up for the breaks in the beat... try panning them and give them a bit of reverb....turn ur kicks up too, that and the snare cos u want to hear them hit hard on his raps...

but overall, i enjoyed this homes, has room to be really dope...keep ON!  ;)

Prof. X (of The B.e.et Academy)

• The Academy
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
    • The Academic
Thanks oints... I'll give the joint a listen, and do what you suggested... maybe re-up. And big ups on the doccie, haven't gotten a chance to bump the tracks though. X.

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
Thanks oints... I'll give the joint a listen, and do what you suggested... maybe re-up. And big ups on the doccie, haven't gotten a chance to bump the tracks though. X.

IS ALL LOVE FAMLY, is all love!  ;)