Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Strike!

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
okay, so the taxi's and busses are on strike in Cape Town. it has something to do with the taxi recap i think (ask motho, she knows things) and well, i can't get to work. a bunch of schoolkids down the block have a similar problem getting to cla**, and theres everyone else - domestic helpers needing to get to Clifton kitchens; the men who work the sports fields at UCT etc. - falling under this bracket of being 'f***ed'.

my question is, though. now that we've finally gotten the People's President up on the podium who are the 'f***ed' holding accountable? seems to me like there are more strikes than ever but im not sure who the people striking (many of whom were in tears of joy at the Union buildings) are directing their anger towards.

what do you think? are we about to outgrow populist politics?

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +19/-16
    • View Profile
i sure hope so! it's difficult to call as to who the 'f***ed' r directing their anger at.. we kno the unionists (vavi, nzimande) promised they'd be back on their bullshit if zuma's government isn't doing wat it promised.
i take that with a pinch of salt in that, they don't seem to be holding zuma responsible for the situation(which is fair because he's hardly been in office 100 days).. but their restlessness mite be as a direct result of the failure to deliver on some promises made by the ruling party, which the blue collar believed who'd have shown some form of shape rite now!

i however, believe we're still way off outgrowing populist politics.. especially because most of the executives in most parties(serious parties i.e) have struggle struggle credentials which they will milk.. i think we have at least 3 generations of populist politics before the 'struggle' aspect starts to subside naturally.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 08:48:23 AM by Koli »
"How can I stay anonymous, when it's my job to be famous?"

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
well...you broke it the f*** down. kudos, my man.