Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

UWFM with Luckeez Umfowethu

Bridge · 4 · 6150

Bridge

• Foot Soldier
    • REP: +1/-3
    • View Profile
Luckeez Umfowethu is clearly not a celebrity but his work, giving unknown cats an hour slot in a late-night House/kwaito show needs to be celebrated indeed.  He calls this slot “Iimbongi zengingqi” which directly translates in English Poets/Praise singers of the hood. Consciousness is the order of the day in this slot as Emcees and poets edutain in their acts about issues that touch the mind, body and soul of the listener. 
The show’s drive is starting to push strong as the choice of songs & artists played, and regions covered is expanding.  Here some of the cats that has graced the slot Abantu, Dangatye, Khululekani, Driemanskap, Rattex, Def boyz, Manskap, Rhymesquad, Yahkeem and many  more. I hear there are limited songs to play in this slot due less material submitted on the station by artists. So I think cats are welcomed to come through.  If all goes well, with the right support from the Hip-hop community the station can give Hip-hop an official slot in the near future.
The House/Kwaito show that houses this slot Iimbogi zengingqi is between 22:00pm-01:00am on Fridays and Saturdays. Its host is Luckeez Umfowethu & Sinbad.   Iimbongi zengingqi goes between midnight and 01-00am on both days respectively.

Agians please show some support. peace!!

Bashin

• im the One
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-4
    • View Profile
Luckeez definately deserve some props for the love he's showin to  'local' hiphop..
www.kasimp3.co.za/s3P7 #BLAZIN_SPEAKERS

Myth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-16
    • View Profile
I was interviwed there last wik....(21st August)
its possible to take the art of making music seriously without taking yourself seriously

www.myspace.com/mythbeats101

Bridge

• Foot Soldier
    • REP: +1/-3
    • View Profile
Yeah Myth, I see u now. Fat beats you got man. What do u think of the slot, what more needs to be done to improve it?