Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Weekend Chronicles: Life in marvelous times....

1kind · 81 · 20818

1kind

• onek1nd is superman on the eiffel tower, saving the world from parasites.
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +8/-25
  • My xhosa friends and I started a clique!
    • View Profile
It's 20h30. I have been steadily downing alcohol throughout the day. The rate at which i empty beers into my throat increases after watching Arsenal lose, and Man U win.

My friends decide to move onto greener things. Weed smoke fills the room. I do not partake this time around. I move onto my more traditional poison. 1 part Russian Bear vodka to 4 parts Stoney ginger beer. It is an innocuous mixture.

We run out of alcohol but it's okay because everyone feels their fair share of the buzz. We decide to move the party into town. The cab will take an hour. We will have to wait, because this cab driver is cheaper.

In town the cab driver drops us off right in front of Marvel. I convince my friends to come in with me. They are persuaded by the sight of beautiful, young woman dancing seductively on the tables. One of them is wearing what would barely pa** as a skirt. A closer look may be in order.

Inside I feel comfortable. The music is not my preference but the tempos and sounds are within my reach. My friends are into house music. They decide to buy drinks and look for somewhere to stand in the crowded club. There are many familiar faces, to which i nod politely. I also partake in my meet-and-greet rituals. After an hour the DJ plays some cla**ics. We all scurry towards the over-populated 'dance floor' to sing along. Unfortunately this brings more people onto the floor. My friends becoming claustrophobic. We need to leave urgenlty.

We take the party to La Reference. The big ba** of house music is being chunred out of two struggling speakers. The sound is too loud it distorts. The pain in my ears adds to my irritation. I comically put my hands over my ears. Some of the patrons look at me disapprovingly.

The good thing about this place is CHEAP QUARTS. Within an hour i have downed 2.25 litres of Black Label.

The music starts feeling good. The mixture of African drums and exotic instruments get me to my feet. This is what they call deep house.
I'm alone on the dance floor . Intoxicated. The music makes me think of heavenly spaces. I'm in a trance. i close my eyes and sway giddily.

All of a sudden my world is interrupted by some Bojo-mujo sounding house with Xhosa lyrics. My world becomes infiltrated by women's shrieks. I'm caught off-guard when this sweet looking young lady looks at me and shouts out the words. Luckily the words are quite repetitive. within no time I'm as animated in my chanting as the rest of them.

The Dj starts mixing the tracks. I don't know the upcoming song. My 'house' friends look comfortable. Apparently the song is from Big Nuz. The words are not as repetitive. Everyone else is belting out the words at the top of their voices.

In my drunken frustrationI scream out,  "House music is shit! Yikaka le iculwa apha!"

Everyone else laughs. However 2 guys are offended by my comments. They approach me. They are BEE-fattened. They look intimidating in their inappropriately tight fitting golf shrts tucked into their Chinos. Their belts are struggling to hold back the overflowing bellies.

One guy steps closer to me and calls me a coconut. I tell him that he has enough rolls on his neck to feed Somalia for a month.

A fight breaks out.

I wake up the next morning with a ma**ive headache. My knucles have painful cuts on them and my ribs are painful.

My friends fill me in. They tell me that house music makes me violent...

I'll never listen to Big Nuz again.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 04:05:16 AM by onek1nd »
I put Religion, Opression and Weakness underground and when i looked down i felt myself begin to GROW.

www.reverbnation.com/1kind

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Hahah,, not to laugh at you getting into a fight or anything, but that's a funny story. I've been telling people for years that house music dangerous for your health.

Alcohol Abuser

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +13/-14
    • View Profile
Lol!  Funny enjoyed reading it, finally I have a found a friend who goes through what i experience every weekend. LMAO!
"Let them toxins in this liquor, squeeze the life outta this poor liver of mine " AA

Tonnes

• The Crafter
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-20
  • Liquid Veteran
    • View Profile
LOL...looks dope except the fight part.

stay up.
Flexipanel...All Tings Proper

Tuboy

• http://www.reverbnation.com/tuboytulz
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-19
  • my heart is a house nucca, fear don't live here!
    • View Profile
    • www.reverbnation.com/tuboytulz
Onek1nd stay away from fights man  :D who's gonna rip mics if you in ICU? huh?
M Turn

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +18/-23
    • View Profile
    • blog

They are persuaded by the sight of beautiful, young woman dancing seductively on the tables. One of them is wearing what would barely pa** as a skirt. A closer look may be in order.

we call them "pussy helmets"  ;D
"your real calibre is measured by your consideration and tolerance of others"

Bashin

• im the One
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-4
    • View Profile
Lmao..Nice read...iv learnt to be a lot more cautious wen m drunk..cos cats catch feelings easily these days especially them big dudes u stand no chance of beatin in a fight.Plus i avoid hittin on girls sippin on drinks financed by them type of cats and i keep all negative opinions about the ANC,Kaizer chiefs and from now big nuz to myself
www.kasimp3.co.za/s3P7 #BLAZIN_SPEAKERS

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
Lmao..Nice read...iv learnt to be a lot more cautious wen m drunk..cos cats catch feelings easily these days especially them big dudes u stand no chance of beatin in a fight.Plus i avoid hittin on girls sippin on drinks financed by them type of cats and i keep all negative opinions about the ANC,Kaizer chiefs and from now big nuz to myself

coming from a skinny guy when in doubt go for the balls, nobody's unbeatable

That not good enough for ya?

1kind

• onek1nd is superman on the eiffel tower, saving the world from parasites.
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +8/-25
  • My xhosa friends and I started a clique!
    • View Profile
Lol.... first of all pussy helmets!!! that's funny motho. the problem is that it doesn't offer much protection for your fishy parts because some of these guys have xxx-ray vision. Ya'll can make the job of undressing you with eyes much easier.

@ Tuboy. I'll be ripping mics from heaven if i had to. There are many familiar faces there anyway...

@Deacon... Long street festival of 2006 the bouncer from Joburg lifted me by the collar. My feet were dangling dangerously close to his balls. Instinctively i swung my right foot and caught him in his soft bits. The dude just winced. He didn't let go. I caught a beating. I'm as skinny as they come... 1.76m weighing 60kg.

So i'd like to make a few alterations to your proposed equation.

Deacon's Hypothesis:

Skinny guy + kick / big guy = Possible Victory + dignity (and lay)

Onek1nd's corollary:

Skinny guy + Run / big guy  = Guaranteed survival - Dignity (x preserved facial features for future lay)
I put Religion, Opression and Weakness underground and when i looked down i felt myself begin to GROW.

www.reverbnation.com/1kind

Tonnes

• The Crafter
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-20
  • Liquid Veteran
    • View Profile

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +18/-23
    • View Profile
    • blog
Lol.... first of all pussy helmets!!! that's funny motho.

i know. i didnt come up with it though, I was just dying for a chance to use it coz i think its a cool term  :)
"your real calibre is measured by your consideration and tolerance of others"

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +19/-16
    • View Profile
i keep all negative opinions about the ANC,Kaizer chiefs and from now big nuz to myself

hahahahaha
"How can I stay anonymous, when it's my job to be famous?"