Africasgateway.com

Carl Lewis Speaks on Semanya

Talentless

• I Need a Hug...
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +2/-3
    • View Profile
By Ori Lewis
TEL AVIV (Reuters) - Retired American track and field star Carl Lewis has blamed South African athletics authorities for the predicament of the nation's world champion Caster Semenya, whom a report says is a hermaphrodite.

The IAAF, athletics' world governing body, said last week medical experts were examining the results of gender tests on Semenya, who won the women's 800 meters at last month's world championships in Berlin.

No decision is expected until late November but the IAAF has declined to confirm a report last week in Australia's Daily Telegraph newspaper which said the runner had both male and female sexual characteristics.

Lewis said he was upset by the handling of the affair.

Read the rest here:
http://www.reuters.com/article/sportsNews/idUSTRE58E23V20090915?feedType=RSS&feedName=sportsNews

Maybe this will put an end to the cries of racism, but I doubt it...

« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 10:01:07 PM by Talentless »

Get over yourself.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
So, when Carl Lewis says all this, it is accepted and people hope for an end to the cries of racism?

Why did no one listen when I said this (all of it, you can go check) a few weeks ago, right at the start of the debacle? Check the Semeya thread and go check my comments on the Facebook group if they had not yet been deleted, cos I was banned.

I said all of the same shit the media and Carl Lewis is saying now, but I was simply dismissed as a "white person who hates blacks".

I'm not even white.

I demand my own thread and a Facebook group with people declaring my wisdom to be supreme!

Talentless

• I Need a Hug...
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +2/-3
    • View Profile
Forgive people for being human, lolz. ;)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 11:04:46 PM by Talentless »

Get over yourself.

Anthony

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +3/-8
  • Wisdom is knowing when you can't be wise!
    • View Profile
So, when Carl Lewis says all this, it is accepted and people hope for an end to the cries of racism?

Why did no one listen when I said this (all of it, you can go check) a few weeks ago, right at the start of the debacle? Check the Semeya thread and go check my comments on the Facebook group if they had not yet been deleted, cos I was banned.

I said all of the same shit the media and Carl Lewis is saying now, but I was simply dismissed as a "white person who hates blacks".

I'm not even white.

I demand my own thread and a Facebook group with people declaring my wisdom to be supreme!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Chosen

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Yeah, I'm with you Pyro. I was also saying the same thing from the get go. Leonard Chuene is a buffoon and all the SA politicians who tried to turn this into an anti-African / race issue are also bandwagon-jumping idiots.

The ASA should have protected Semenya from this public scrutiny by doing their job. All they keep saying is, 'our mandate is to produce winning athletes and that's what we have done'. That's bullshit. If anyone at the ASA had half a brain they would have been able foresee intense scrutiny around Semenya's gender if she ever won an international gold (especially as this has been an issue throughout Semenya's whole career).

The ASA should have taken the necessary steps to protect their athlete. Instead they did nothing, then played the race card when their incompetence was exposed.

Papa ThReAdS

• Are you a bish?? Then you can love me.
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +24/-31
  • The beautiful man...The beautiful Legend...
    • View Profile
Leonard Chuene is a buffoon...

Because he's black right??
Racist shit right here if you as me.

8)
Beating bitches since 1982.

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +19/-16
    • View Profile
Leonard Chuene is a buffoon...

Because he's black right??
Racist shit right here if you as me.

8)

hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!
"How can I stay anonymous, when it's my job to be famous?"

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +16/-17
    • View Profile
Yeah, I'm with you Pyro. I was also saying the same thing from the get go. Leonard Chuene is a buffoon and all the SA politicians who tried to turn this into an anti-African / race issue are also bandwagon-jumping idiots.

The ASA should have protected Semenya from this public scrutiny by doing their job. All they keep saying is, 'our mandate is to produce winning athletes and that's what we have done'. That's bullshit. If anyone at the ASA had half a brain they would have been able foresee intense scrutiny around Semenya's gender if she ever won an international gold (especially as this has been an issue throughout Semenya's whole career).

The ASA should have taken the necessary steps to protect their athlete. Instead they did nothing, then played the race card when their incompetence was exposed.

SMH

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records