FIFA 10

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
Oct 02 Release date in the UK. When is out in S.A.?
Lets talk about it. Is PES still better? Deac where you at with the screenshots?. Paging Pyro, Subzee et al gamers and stans.

Full list of updates:

Fifa 10 Release Dates

* UK - 2nd October 2009
* Europe - 2nd October 2009 (a**umed)
* US - 20th October 2009
* Worldwide - TBC

Fifa 10 Soundtrack (Listen to it here)
http://www.ea.com/music/the-official-fifa-soccer-10-soundtrack

Fifa 10 Covers
Shitty American Cover (Blanco, Lampard, Kljeistan)

Awesome UK Cover (Walcott, Rooney, Lampard)

Germany (Schweinsteiger, Rooney)

Spain (Benzema, Xavi)

Fifa 10 General Improvements

* 360° dribbling
* Skilled dribbling, holding LB/L1 goes in to a high-res dribbling motion, can be used to take players on.
* Custom Set Pieces, offline and online, online CSPs may be disabled if certain routines and abused online. *edited*
* Training Mode Added with x versus x custom number of players.
* 'Anything goes' practice matches (no referee!)
* Realistic fatigue system, no more 90 minute sprinting!
* Continuous play, less cut-scenes that break up the play, fouls, yellow and red cards etc do not have cut-scenes *edited*
* Realistic weather patterns and night matches
* Ability to do long "rory delap" type throw-ins
* Goal side flat ad boards on the pitch are gone
* Improvements to the advantage rule
* No scoring from kick off
* Graphic improvements, you can see players breath in cold weather, player graphics have been redone and are an improvement on last year
* Goalkeepers can get sent off
* Greatly improved goalkeepers with ability to make double saves
* New nets
* Improved ball physics, ball feels heavier and does not 'float' across the pitch
* Improved player awareness, no more getting in the way of cross field pa**es
* CPU will perform skill moves
* Can change the freekick taker during the game
* Improved ball control/trapping
* Game speed faster than 08 but slower than 09
* Able to move the wall when defending freekicks
* Improved tackling physics, the player goes for the ball and not through the opponent
* Improved shooting mechanics, two stage, first half of power up controls power and second controls height, possible to drive shots
* Overhaul of animations, all completely new, walking/sprinting with and without the ball, some additional skill animations
* many more goalkeeper animations
* Matches calculated on a minute by minute basis. Guessing that refers to how the AI reacts to your performance.
* Rain and snow are selectable in normal matches
* The EA logo has been toned down on the replays
* Upto 64-player tournaments with all teams user-controlled
* Ability to take quick free-kicks
* The ball will hit the woodwork less frequently
* Goalkeepers can take freekicks
* All stadiums can be played at night and will have weather effects *new*
* Players will look wet when it rains *new*
* Players may get dirty and slide further when it rains (TBC) *new*

Fifa 10 Manager Mode Improvements

* A more user-friendly manager mode hub/desktop
* More user-friendly navigation system
* Ability to edit kit numbers
* Improved Financial System
* New wage budget
* New board difficulty level setting
* New level of authenticity and realism with regard to signing players
* 2-tier bidding for players, first agree fee with club then agree terms with the player
* Manual growth removed but replaced with improved authentic/realistic auto-growth
* New scout ability to predict future growth of players
* Pre-season friendlies added, arranged by the new a**istant Manager
* The a**istant Manager will also a**ess the importance of upcoming matches and rotate your line-up for you. This is especially visible in early cup games, where you can see that your star players often get a rest in these games. He can also be turned off so you can take care of all the team management without him interfering.
* Board confidence update after every game
* Ability to renogotiate with players immediately and not through negotiation history
* Transfer rumours
* CPU squad rotation
* Fix to the long-term injury bug i.e. there will be long term injuries
* No "available negotiations" cap, unlimitied number of transfer offers depending on your available budget
* Final decision on player transfers. You can bid for multiple players for the same position and if they all accept then you can choose which players to sign and which not to sign.
* Manager mode will not end if you get sacked, your reputation will take a hit and you will get offers from other clubs.
* You will receive job offers at the end of a season "The better your Reputation, the better the offers will be. You will be able to see their squads overall as well as their key players in every area of their squad. The clubs financial situation will be shown as well. "
* Able to a**ign generic stadiums to clubs and rename them, and set weather conditions for that stadium.
* Improved atmosphere in matches with rivals and more 'frantic' celebrations
* Ability to view opponents starting 11 pre-match
* Ability to shortlist up to 20 players
* Computer generated player names will be regionalized, "no more Scott McFadden from Brazil"
* Kit editing "Now that we know how important the Kit editing screen was (based on the amount of complaints we've received for not having it), we've made a new one for FIFA 10 . " Probably just relates to the ability to edit kit numbers but no more info available at present
* Additional in-game commentary inc "Transfer speech, Player Form Speech, Board Confidence comments and much more to come"
* Players are no longer tied to a club for 12 months after signing, they can move on as early as the next transfer window
* Financial bonus for promotion, to help bolster your squad
* Players will develop at other clubs, not just the user controlled one
* You can set the age of your created player and a**ign him to your MM club
* You can also edit the stats of your created player
* Contract length plays a role in the market value of a player
* English play-off finals will be played at Wembley *new*
* New stats screen which tracks goal a**ists *new*

Fifa 10 Online Improvements

* Dream team glitch fixed! No more custom teams in ranked games.
* Improved club management settings
* Improved club match making
* New 5v5 mode
* More player stats in Clubs
* Ability to check Club stats online
* Only one "any" player in a team
* Search criteria will be shown on screen during matchmaking
* You will see at the end of every game how many ranking points you earned
* Ability to end online matches in a draw, if both sides agree, 1v1 only
* Fifa Interactive World Cup (I'm guessing like Interactive League) where team stats are equalled similar to Clubs matches.
* Less boosting! Reduced ranking points per match for each match played against the same person.
* "Faster identification and punishment of cheaters" helped by increased stat monitoring.
* New EA Live Team that will monitor and track down cheaters.
* Idle players will be disconnected in 10v10 matches.
* Ability to search for matches based on team star rating *new*

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/fifa-10-sony-playstation-3-microsoft-xbox-360/743536-complete-list-all-updates.html

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
Oct 02 Release date in the UK. When is out in S.A.?
Lets talk about it. Is PES still better? Deac where you at with the screenshots?. Paging Pyro, Subzee et al gamers and stans.

dont make me do it tate

That not good enough for ya?

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
bloody amistad got me

I'll leave you with this tate

Pro evo's animations = GODLY

Look at the way the jersey moves and wrinkles with each turn  :o :o :o

one of my main complaints with fifa was the lack of individuality with players, with pro evo Player feel like themselves, not like "Player#1, Player#2, look at the vid they messi's movements down perfect
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 01:25:29 PM by Deacon Frost Slayer of lames »

daliq

• tha grand wizard
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-0
  • 'Reachin
    • View Profile
    • HomeRolledJointZ
yeah, did the comparison last week with the console & computer versions 4 major prior releases. Looks like EA cheatin bang 4 buc to that.
cuf it them Jap island cats bowled it right this time with a team dream to make ish right...
aint lookin out for ea this time round, hope pc versions up 2 par, heehe feel me

Mr Dymize

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +1/-1
  • I Ain't New To This - I Stay True To This
    • View Profile
damn... PES is monsterous... I think the best thing to do is to just cop both PES and FIFA... I dont know anymore
"You Couln't Reach The Top In A Bad Game of Tetris"

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
Just downloaded the FIFA10 demo from the US PS Store for free (get that)
Chelsea looking good. Drogba potent as real. I need to hear more arguements for PES... Is there a demo?

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
Just downloaded the FIFA10 demo from the US PS Store for free (get that)
Chelsea looking good. Drogba potent as real. I need to hear more arguements for PES... Is there a demo?

there is but , its a very old build no roster changes and some animations have'nt been added

heres a journalist's impressions

Finally, our thoughts shifted to the general movement of the game, and how it played out a match. Was the rigidness gone? Has the pa**ing been sorted? Are the tricks still on the d-pad/analogue stick? Animations certainly came into our thoughts, although Suff a**ured me that he would be shocked if they were there in their full glory at this early stage.

I’m more than happy to say then, that all the things we were intrigued about were just as we hoped; ma**ively improved over last year with plenty of time to improve further.

Before we explain just how it has, lets get some information on the code we were playing. Let there be no doubt, this was an extremely early version of PES 2010; the earliest Konami had ever shown the game publicly. We were told the game was around 50% complete, with the option to only play with either Liverpool and Barcelona. There was no other game mode apart from exhibition, with Anfield being the stadium of choice. So as you would expect, Suff was over the moon! The menu’s were nothing more than place holders to serve a purpose, as it was a few screens before you got straight into a match. Just to emphasize how early this game was, we were sampling it through the source code! That’s actual PC’s running the game, with PS3 and Xbox 360 controllers attached to it.

The beauty of PES 2010 came almost instantly, after the initial disappointment. As soon as you start to play it felt more a**ured, more complete. PES 2009 had these awkward animations that interlinked the pa**ing and shooting. These affected the game significantly, making the game feel stagnated and robotic. And while the animations weren’t complete in the build of PES 2010 we played, the way the basic and important ones were implemented and improved were significant. The extra frames also lent itself to how the pace of the game played out, in a similar vein to EA’s franchise. Like their game, the animations fed into how you played.

And like EA’s latest effort, FIFA 10, the action on the pitch is considerably slower, with a realistic feel I’ve not felt in a PES game for a while. The players seemed to build up to a sprint, rather than running full pelt from go. Controlling of the ball was also key, with players like Iniesta and Xavi having a lovely first touch when receiving a pa**, while Yaya Toure struggled to kill the ball instantly when under pressure.

Player individuality has always been key in PES, and is the sole reason why, even in this slow considered pace, the player will be forced into playing to the strengths of the team rather than the strengths of the game. This single aspect separates the PES series from FIFA, and is more of a noticeable difference with both going for the same style of play this year.

I mentioned animations earlier, and while the majority of them weren’t in the build we played, the ones that were impressed a great deal. The previously mentioned first touch of skillful players was also visually appeasing, with players at all times trying to use their favoured foot when pa**ing, controlling and shooting. If timed right you could control a ball perfectly to one side, evading oncoming players in very crowded areas.

Its not only when receiving the ball do you see something new, as the players distribute it just as variedly. Pa**ing for instance has had something of a facelift from last year, with fresh new animations for when releasing the ball under pressure – similar to the urgency system in FIFA. Players will stretch and strain to release a pa** before being tackled, adding a great deal of realism. The same can be said for shooting, which was as satisfying as ever. Like the pa**ing, it really has been given a facelift, with there being many more ways of striking the ball. This helped the game distance itself further from last years robotic and rigid feel. There was a situation when, playing as Barca, Henry received the ball wide left and cut in towards goal. Pressing shoot, I was greeted with him shifting his body to the side to try and strike it with his right foot. As he opened up his body he convincingly stroked the ball into the far the far corner with the inside of his right foot – leaving both me and Suff stunned in amazement. Then there was Messi, who looked complete in his movements, right down to mannerisms off the ball. A lot of that player representation was down to the drop dead gorgeous visuals, which has raised the bar when it comes to graphics in a football game.

Konami talked long and hard about how certain aspects of the game were early and far from finished, but at the same time proudly conversed with us regarding the visual fidelity. At this early stage, the game is looking incredibly good, with things like faces, player models, stadiums, gra** etc better than I’ve ever seen it. The test always comes when in wide cam, and its difficult to judge it right now without the animations implemented fully. FIFA 09/10’s charm comes when the impact of playing the match stays the same when in wide cam, and this is predominantly down to how it moves. With promises coming from the guys at the event regarding major inclusions on animations and individual traits, I guess its too early to judge or comment on them conclusively. Luckily we will only have to have to wait a few weeks from now to see if it indeed has been improved as promised.

What’s left then to discuss is the game as a whole, and the dreaded teamvision. Thankfully the AI has been improved so much that we never found ourself fighting with it. The helping elements, like tackling, pa**ing, shooting for you have been totally removed, or at least weren’t there when we played. This perhaps was one of the key reasons why Suff was won over, himself saying he’s not enjoyed PES this much since the PS2 days.

The AI also helped teams play as their real life counterparts, with no misunderstanding about how a team plays in real life converting into the game. When going through the new team formation options, you have a slider bar that lets you affect the mentality of the team like how much they attack or defend. For example, Barca’s attacking mentality is 80/100, while Liverpool’s is 20. Defensive figures flip other way, as you would expect. Convert this into the game and it plays out how you would expect. Liverpool’s game is all about constraining the opposing teams attacking elements, with the quality of Gerrard and Torres ever present going forward.

The first match me and Suff played was goalless, and was a cagey affair, with myself having the possession but never really threatening. It was only until Suff changed his attacking mentality to 80 did I manage to create more space and punish a team that wasn’t used to playing an attacking way. Again, this is another realistic situation, as the players Liverpool have aren’t as technically gifted as the Barca player’s to play a certain way.

To finish up, lets talk about little improvements around the game that will please many people. Konami have managed to fix a lot of small details even at this early stage that used to infuriate the more demanding fans. Things like goalkeeper gloves being officially licensed, no more sand bags behind the goals, and the look and feel of the stadium was key - adding another layer of atmosphere that PES 2009 never had. Then there’s the welcome news for many that tricks are no longer mapped onto the d-pad/left analogue stick, going back to the combination of holding R2 and a direction. We then have a new penalty system, which was always going to be the case after the Wii version had a new way of taking/saving them. At first glance it seems very close to FIFA, where you can literally aim anywhere in the goal, with the amount you hold down the power and direction affecting your success. Goalkeepers can also be moved too before a kick has been taken. The ability to untuck shirts in edit mode will again bring a smile to the faces of people who have missed this option since the PS2 versions. All in a way trivial to the game as whole, but the little things count for a lot when trying to create the complete package.

All in all then, the playtest event was more of a statement of intent than anything, with the build being quite literally barebones and the base for all upcoming improvements. With that in mind the upcoming playtest in a few weeks will be vital. Suff played FIFA 10 at the Emirates in April, then played the game again in May in Vancouver – the difference obvious and substantial. We’re hoping for the same with PES. The good news is, even at this early stage, its miles ahead of PES 2009, with FIFA in its sights.

preview from eurogamer

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/pes-2010-pro-evolution-soccer-hands-on_5

I tried to warn you tate

screens from the pro evo demo

URL=http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h214/godhandiscen/?action=view&current=pes20102009-09-1701-26-26-28.jpg][/URL]

The lighting is amazing. 

f*** Torres!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
I saw Kalahari has the game already it comes with a ball eish who the f***s needs a ball? Which store sells the game with the PS3 Format as in i can go there right now now & cop?

Mad

• CEO of goldmine rec.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +23/-161
  • hood whips
    • View Profile
cant wait for this, fifa 08 was the best shit also, just murked 4 dudes one by one on a tournamnet they created, 8 teams and four dudes play with 2 teams each and we chose teams from the EPL AND other various world leagues

smh at the way they draw our local players, its only benny with a relevant drawing
Hood.

Mad

• CEO of goldmine rec.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +23/-161
  • hood whips
    • View Profile
and i murked my friend with inter milan 2 times and he caught feelings, got this dude named suazo who's sick on the ball and mad with the runs
Hood.

1kind

• onek1nd is superman on the eiffel tower, saving the world from parasites.
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +8/-25
  • My xhosa friends and I started a clique!
    • View Profile
If you have a good enough PC you can get your hands on both PES 2010 and FIFA 10. Just ask one of these UCT mofos who has DC++... for the console users, you'll have to wait a bit longer...

The international release of FIFA 10 is about 3 weeks from now...
I put Religion, Opression and Weakness underground and when i looked down i felt myself begin to GROW.

www.reverbnation.com/1kind

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
damn you tate, I got uncharted 2 which needs to be copped and tekken at the end of october, I'm gonna have to cop november