Bridge · 13 · 12584

Bridge

• Foot Soldier
    • REP: +1/-3
    • View Profile
The Bay Summer Concert '09
"Bringing The Heat"

Coming to your shores in November!

Here to help you ease out the winter wows and worries and strip down to the vocal sounds of international artists such as the radical

BUSTA RHYMES & The FLIPMODE SQUAD;

in line with our renowned artists from

CIZA THA JOURNALIST,
WONDERBOOM,
SPRINGBOK NUDE GIRLS,
MXO,
THE PIXIE BENNETT BAND,
BUFFALO SOULJAH

in line with our renowned LOCAL artists from

MERIKE
MO JAZZ
BLAQPHAMAS
MC EARL & AGEME
USIBA
ABANTU
L.I. & CUSH ARE THE INTERCHANGE
TAKE NOTE

and many more to bring out the unkempt heat within you....

That's not it... there's more...

Rocking the decks we have the one and only

DJ WAXXY (Africa's #1, Channel O).......

Busting the beat you've been aching to bring out comes SA's

DJ READY D
DJ SLYSO

And crossing boundaries of tantalizing pleasures from Asia's Greatest

DJ LIVING IN SIN (Himesh)....

So strip down your gear and keep your eyes peeled as this WILL be your escape from your reality...

We are here to bring THE HEAT to you!!!!!
For more details check Third world music on facebook.

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile

Bridge

• Foot Soldier
    • REP: +1/-3
    • View Profile
It would be held on that new Stadium in the northern areas. The company bringing this is infact Third World Records not Third World Music. What fascinates me the most about this event, two of many PE acts Abantu and Usiba Noncwadi are also billed to open for the main act. These performers have been entertaining us her in PE since 2005, so It is fitting that they are billed.Visit www.baysummer.co.za or www.thirdworldrecords.co.za I'm nt sure if the poster will appear, but I did attach it with this post.

1kind

• onek1nd is superman on the eiffel tower, saving the world from parasites.
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +8/-25
  • My xhosa friends and I started a clique!
    • View Profile
Why did they choose PE and not a city like...hmmm...let's see...Kimberley?
I put Religion, Opression and Weakness underground and when i looked down i felt myself begin to GROW.

www.reverbnation.com/1kind

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
That's dope.

I'm amazed that the maths works out for bringing over such a prestigious artist. Is he only doing one date in SA?

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
It would be held on that new Stadium in the northern areas. The company bringing this is infact Third World Records not Third World Music. What fascinates me the most about this event, two of many PE acts Abantu and Usiba Noncwadi are also billed to open for the main act. These performers have been entertaining us her in PE since 2005, so It is fitting that they are billed.Visit www.baysummer.co.za or www.thirdworldrecords.co.za I'm nt sure if the poster will appear, but I did attach it with this post.

PEACE DUke, its about DAMN TIME sumin a bit large comes this side of SA, was kinda getting tired of CPT & JOBURG getting all the international acts....big ups to Usiba Noncwadi & Sons of Law, cats are very very talented and deserve the SHINE!

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
That's dope.

I'm amazed that the maths works out for bringing over such a prestigious artist. Is he only doing one date in SA?

And in PE nogal. Hmmm...
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
That's dope.

I guess the maths didn't work out after all...

http://www.theherald.co.za/article.aspx?id=504665

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
"According to Third World Records chief executive Ceza Tha Journalist, the poor turnout was a result of a “tight budget”. Third World Records had never attempted such a big concert before.

“We expected someone to pitch to a**ist us, but we didn’t get the financial injection we were hoping for,” Ceza said. “The municipality came through for us at the last minute. They gave us some financial support, but it might have been too late already.”

Municipal spokesman Kupido Baron said about R300000 had been provided last week. He believed a more aggressive marketing plan could have made a big difference."

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
THESE NICCAS where IN OVER THEIR HEADS with this JAM, isht was rediculous, played out like a circus...one moment BUSTA was landing in PE, taking pics & putting them up on his twitter page for cats to see, getting mad love from cats abroad & fans here to the next moment spraying venom bout HOW BAD the ORGANISING on this isht was...at first, he had to take a lot of flak from DISSAPOINTED fans who more often than not have no idea what is happening behind the curtains...!

these so called "events organisers" didnt even PAY DUDE (they just handled the air fare  :-\), there were like 300 people IN THE ENTIRE STADIUM, the MARKETTING WAS TIRED to say the least, there were cats IN PE who knew NOTHING about a BUSTA GIG... !

its buffonery like this that just sends BAD SIGNALS for people who are actually trying to earn some RESPECT & GET these DUDES to come down to AFRICA & perform....NXA!

and what kind of name is THIRD WORLD RECORDS, that right there is a mindset we are trying to run away from, already you predispose yourself to lack the efficiency & knowhow to do a good job with whatever endeavour you pursue....niccas NEED to STOP CLOWNING themselves & get the LEARNING!

1kind

• onek1nd is superman on the eiffel tower, saving the world from parasites.
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +8/-25
  • My xhosa friends and I started a clique!
    • View Profile
Well, i can't say i did not expect this.
I put Religion, Opression and Weakness underground and when i looked down i felt myself begin to GROW.

www.reverbnation.com/1kind

MOFF G

• MOFF G
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +3/-9
  • MOFF G: THE GENIUS
    • View Profile
    • MOFFG

and what kind of name is THIRD WORLD RECORDS, that right there is a mindset we are trying to run away from, already you predispose yourself to lack the efficiency & knowhow to do a good job with whatever endeavour you pursue....niccas NEED to STOP CLOWNING themselves & get the LEARNING!

i cosign to that.
the past month sum thread was derailed nd gave info on this gig but from then i noticed that it's doomed.
i seen sum pics from the gig, YES the stadium was empty: those cats played themselves.

maybe a lesson shud be learned from this, if u be bringing an acclaimed international artist to ourshores, don't make it a 1 province ish, there is many sponsors that i think wud have jumped on board if cats had just approached 'em wit a diff mindset, considering this was their 1st big gig.

shame that peeps in the whole of EC didn't know Busta was on his way, there were small gigs that had more peeps than that show.
the greatest rides u'd ever experince is upon the DEATH STAR....

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile

i cosign to that.
the past month sum thread was derailed nd gave info on this gig but from then i noticed that it's doomed.
i seen sum pics from the gig, YES the stadium was empty: those cats played themselves.

maybe a lesson shud be learned from this, if u be bringing an acclaimed international artist to ourshores, don't make it a 1 province ish, there is many sponsors that i think wud have jumped on board if cats had just approached 'em wit a diff mindset, considering this was their 1st big gig.

shame that peeps in the whole of EC didn't know Busta was on his way, there were small gigs that had more peeps than that show.

WORD!