Africasgateway.com

(Legal) Digital Downloads in SA

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Has anyone ever paid for a digital download of a SA Hip Hop track or album?

... or bought a ring tone?

If you have, where did you do it, how much did you pay, and was it worth it?

Bondizzo

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-1
    • View Profile
    • www.demcrackboys.com
I haven't download ringtones but I think its popular with the youth.

well I think paying for digital albums isn't going to fully take off in this country for another couple of years, reason being lack of internet access. Having your stuff sold physically is still the way to go in africa. Due to the improvement of technology and lack of knowledge (information gap btwn the general public), you can actually exploit the so called dying industry, this is what we trying to do now.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 12:21:25 PM by Bondizzo »

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +16/-17
    • View Profile
I haven't download ringtones but I think its popular with the youth.

well I think paying for digital albums isn't going to fully take off in this country for another couple of years, reason being lack of internet access. Having your stuff sold physically is still the way to go in africa. Due to the improvement of technology and lack of knowledge (information gap btwn the general public), you can actually exploit the so called dying industry, this is what we trying to do now.

profound shit right there

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
I just recently bought Steve Nice album and the Street Cred Compilation from the Liber8 Records website, I think it was $7 a piece for each album, some pretty good stuff, Snazz D, Qba, Deth Kowd, Maradona, Blind Fold on there, I would recommend the Steve Nice stuff, there are more albums available from their site I'm not to familiar with... here's the site if you wanna check it out....

http://www.liber8music.co.za/