Africasgateway.com

TearGas - Go away

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
OK, my brief 'Teargas are actually OK' period has crashed and burned. I don't care about 'opening up markets' and 'making money', I'm into music. That is straight wack.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Personally i think the cover is dope.

In KASI lingo "Dark or Blue" means "whatever may come".

So to me the cover says - "It's the future,the world look f***ed up in the background, some Apocalypse shit,they rocking futuristic terminator type clothes".

So whatever may come in the FUTURE, teargas will still be around holding it down.My interpretation. Goes with the TITLE. Plus the whole BLUE COVER fits in with the mood.

My question is still how does that visual relate to the actual music? The music is not dark, futuristic or apocalyptic. It's fun, lightweight hip pop. A picture of them chilling on boat with a gla** of champagne would have been more appropriate in terms of what to expect musically.

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile

So to me the cover says - "It's the future,the world look f***ed up in the background, some Apocalypse shit,they rocking futuristic terminator type clothes".

So whatever may come in the FUTURE, teargas will still be around holding it down.My interpretation. Goes with the TITLE. Plus the whole BLUE COVER fits in with the mood.

My question is still how does that visual relate to the actual music? The music is not dark, futuristic or apocalyptic. It's fun, lightweight hip pop. A picture of them chilling on boat with a gla** of champagne would have been more appropriate in terms of what to expect musically.

TRUE. was just saying the cover goes with the TITLE.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

Mega

• AG Regular
    • REP: +2/-9
    • View Profile
Lets's face it, these guys are here for the bread, hiphop is just a vehicle they chose to try and get it, hence the easy switch to kwaito/house tracks like this whenever someone whispers it their ear plus the words "ka-ching".

Nice video again. They got some healthy budget behind them.

They get plenty radio and TV airplay so I wonder how they do sales wise. Anybody got a clue?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 10:37:33 AM by Mega »
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile

ha ha. the subtext is cold hearted. damn.  ;D

anyway, that's a horrible track. Tira could have given it that Durban flavour instead of whatever that bullshit is.

@Black what's your beef with Tira?

unrelated: i love the way these cats portray Mzantsi. makes me feel 'proud' or something. i like this country a lot. it's beautiful and just a little, little bit delusional - not too much.