Africasgateway.com

WHAT TOOL DO YOU HAVE YOUR EYES ON!

oints · 23 · 7773

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
aight, no introductions, let me just say this is the HARDWARE THREAD...PUT HERE what ever piece of Equipment you just have to have in your arsenal AS A PRODUCER, suming that you just consider VITAL to making your work more efficient & of SUPERIOUR QUALITY....!

REMEMBER: only HARDWARE...!

aight, let me start it off...

THIS IS WHERE MY MONEY IS GOING  ;D:

Akai MPK25 25 Key USB MIDI Keyboard Controller

"The Akai Professional MPK25 is a portable keyboard controller with MPC production controls. Based closely on the MPK49, the first keyboard ever to feature MPC pads, the MPK25 scales down the keyboard by 24 keys and retains the utility, capability, and flexibility that makes the MPK49 one of the world's hottest keyboards. Its smaller, more portable size makes the MPK25 the perfect travel companion. Its small footprint can fit in your lap on the couch or on a plane, enabling you to create tracks whenever inspiration strikes. All you need is your laptop and the MPK25"

CREATIVE INPUT

"MPK25 combines a 25-key keyboard and 12 genuine MPC pads. The keyboard is semi-weighted and features aftertouch for expressive melodic control. The MPC pads are pressure and velocity-sensitive to capture every nuance of your creative concepts. The pads can access four banks of sounds, so you have 48 samples at your fingertips with the touch of a button.

MPK25 places dedicated transport controls within your reach for easy control of some of the most important tracking and editing controls. The MPK25 has modulation and pitch-bend wheels for expressive musicality, and two a**ignable footswitch inputs enable you to connect an expression pedal or other continuous controller and a footswitch for momentary controls like patch change or start/stop"

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• http://www.soundclick.com/J-oNERSA
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +17/-30
  • I got the coolest shower door in S.A
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
Akai mpc 1000 finish n klaar

i hear you, its ideal when it comes to sample accessibility and memory bank

"Four-way sample layering and velocity switching per pad"

but i still remain adamant that the merger between MPC technology (sampling, swing etc) and the AFTRETOUCH quality and melodic creativity of the akai midi keyboard in the MPK25 trumps your hardware  ;D

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

The Mighty Loks

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +37/-66
    • View Profile
I need me a Mac... nuff said. X.

I'm selling mine if you're interested. It's the model before this one though but it's in pretty good condition and you get free Microsoft Office.

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
got a mac book pro at the crib.

solid machine, don't use it for production though
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
That nigga swizz beatz made a fortune outta this baby here, so i wouldn't mind it.lol !!!  ;D

Dude took a preset straight off that sucka and made Eve's "What ya wanna do".

« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 01:34:28 PM by MrC The Rap God Almighty »
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
That nigga swizz beatz made a fortune outta this baby here, so i wouldn't mind it.lol !!!  ;D

Dude took a preset straight off that sucka and made Eve's "What ya wanna do".

LOL, casio always has had dope demo patterns...crazy the way some producers rely on the rarity of a machine to make bangers other niccas catch on to later...sorta like record diggin in a way...!

daliq

• tha grand wizard
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-0
  • 'Reachin
    • View Profile
    • HomeRolledJointZ
dig the thread, u know therez a lot of vintage hardware emulations out there, we should make a wish list thread too.
U can have all the hardware be it wood finished, aggregated stamps the works. in a laptop with them nifty usb controls.
hip hop aint never lied, dead, the hardware seems to sunset park it. from mainframes to composing beats on a PDA.
harware companies budgetin their leisure time. erthings virtual, tastes like the real thang..

AKIAIPRO saw this notebook cruncher & hurled together teamwork to make scrilla like heads to puncherz.
"Please listen to my demo" EPMD.. it dont take much these days to do that..

herez the Wishes:

and off course that ABLETON LIVE

thats the ish to do things the MPC2000XL MPC3000 EMU-SP1200 EMU-SP12 AlESIS BOSS ROLAND KORG YAMAHA etc be it digital automated fader mixing consoles
drum machines groove machines digital sequencers in the firewire/USB age of exponential bang per buck semiconductor age.

off course the mixing & mastering houses need the more lavi$h i$h to stamp pro on it.
the signal to noise ratio's of the Soundcards & Monitors also add up, the numberz game/

ini mini myni 'Gimme some mo'

he wena rick, post sumn for the ear dun...

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
^^^^^^^^^^

i love that you posted up the KORG NANO SERIES FAM  :), my boy ALIAS has been f***ing with that but as of now he only has the drum pads...the whole series looks ideal enough to eat:

not to mention it pretty much offers the advantages of mixing and mastering (atleast on the preliminary front)...it is the complete package. my only problem with it though is the attaching and detaching that one would have to do to utelise its different capabilities...i was fortunate enough to dabble with the drum pads and i have to say they are a thing to marvel at...pressure sensitive to allow for expressive beatmaking!

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• http://www.soundclick.com/J-oNERSA
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +17/-30
  • I got the coolest shower door in S.A
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa