Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

De Clerk:Affirmative Action Discriminates

Touareg

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +14/-18
    • View Profile
I don't find that AA works against me in any way because I understand that decisions have to be taken for the greater good of society. This doesn't just relate to AA, it relates to almost every decision government makes.

The success or failure of AA is down to how it is implemented. If it can be demonstrated that AA is effective way to redress the inequality of Apartheid then I'm all for it. If it is not an effective way, then it's bullshit. I haven't researched it enough to have an informed opinion, but I'm generally in favour of the concept of AA.

If you support AA no matter how it is implemented, without debating its merits, simply because you are black, or you are against it because you are white, you are indeed a simpleton.

Good point,& I cosign what you sayin,It is an unfortunate reality however that in this country of ours whenever an issue arises that will have racial implecations(like AA for example) we tend to follow blindly without looking at merits,This is true of both blacks and whites. We always seem to have an "us against them" attitude which spoils the oppotunity for fair and open debate...Simpletons these South Africans!
Real Recognise Real

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Weren't you the one who said whites can't comment on it because of their race?

Talentless

• I Need a Hug...
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +2/-3
    • View Profile
The idea of affirmative action may or may not be right, I don't know, but no one can disagree with this:

Firstly, most affirmative action and BEE measures affect only the top 15 per cent of the income pyramid and have little or no impact on the condition of the bottom 85 per cent of our society. 

Affirmative action as it is done now by the ANC is only to help enrich a few friends of the party. No one can claim that affirmative action/BEE helps the majority of poor people, it doesn't. It doesn't even help poor people, it helps middle or upper cla** black people get richer. South Africa's Gini coefficient, i.e. the measure of economic inequality, is still increasing, even with BEE/affirmative action, that means inequality is still increasing. The government should spend more money providing clean water, cheap electricity, good hospitals that are well stocked with equipment and medicine, good quality free education, tertiary education scholarships, etc. rather than spenf=ding all the tax payers money to enrich themselves and a few friends. The implementation of BEE/affirmative action = FAIL.

Get over yourself.

Touareg

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
Weren't you the one who said whites can't comment on it because of their race?

I said the ones i've conversed and argued with,whose articles i've read, just refuse to be fair and balanced in their view of AA. They tend to cling on to the idea that it is a mechanism by the current government to discriminate against them...
Real Recognise Real

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I maybe simplistic in my view,but i dont think any white person can have a logical, fair and balanced view on affirmitive action. To do so would be fighting against their own caurse...
No, this is what you said. It is completely different to what you are saying now.

Did you think I don't know how to go back to the first page?

Touareg

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
I maybe simplistic in my view,but i dont think any white person can have a logical, fair and balanced view on affirmitive action. To do so would be fighting against their own caurse...
No, this is what you said. It is completely different to what you are saying now.

Did you think I don't know how to go back to the first page?
Wow arent we clever...now find my next post that elaborates...
Real Recognise Real

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
This chick at work, who I have been sharing an office with for the past 5 months, asked me where I grew up, cos I speak really good English.

I don't know how to feel about this right now.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
This chick at work, who I have been sharing an office with for the past 5 months, asked me where I grew up, cos I speak really good English.

Happens to me all the time

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile

Happens to me all the time

:D

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
This forum is has like 80 to 90% white members in it check how some whites really feel about BEE, read the De Clerk article,it goes 44 pages deep.SMH @ you agians replying 4 months later.

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php?t=182405