DaT NiGGa P-DuB

• www.25tolyf.com
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +14/-18
  • Grrrrrrrrindin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/djpeeweeproductionz
this is from SOHH.com

"Like an NFL coaching staff making in-game adjustments on the fly, Interscope's Jimmy Iovine and Steve Berman did some last-minute maneuvering around the release of 50 Cent's Before I Self Destruct following worldwide Internet leaks weeks prior to the original street date. In rapid succession, they pushed forward the physical release date from Nov. 23 to Nov. 17 -- the soonest the CD could be manufactured and shipped -- while also working out a one-week exclusive with iTunes for the digital album, to take effect Nov. 10. In return, iTunes agreed to go against its standard policy and "locked" the album, with only the single available a la carte, selling 46k album downloads during the exclusive window. Additionally, the compilers of the charts agreed to include the initial iTunes sales in the total for first week of general release, which is now looking in the 140-150k range. That won't challenge Columbia's John Mayer, now a lock for #1 with 275-300k."

Hmmm now from what i gather here is that there is some shady accounting going on because now 50s first week soundscan is set to include his i-tune sales from 2 weeks ago - now thats dodgy! so that means that without itunes fiddy would barely have pushed 100k! LOL - SMH!

this is the same cat that was clowning - Def jam for the marketing they put into Loso - Kiss and Ross... who all sold in the 100-150k range

guess dude is self destructing

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

DaT NiGGa P-DuB

• www.25tolyf.com
  • AG Extremist
  • Grrrrrrrrindin
    • View Profile
Church! i tried listening for a couple of weeks. nothing there.. but "days gone by is a dope song"  - who was talking about it being a cla**ic!?

dat dude who happens to rap!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-12
    • View Profile
on top of that, it's a weak album

nah dude the album is onpoint, and brings out the essence of 50cent. Funny the marking of the album being week is coming from the same person who is bragging about 13 SELF Nominations just a thought  ;)

Tuboy

• http://www.reverbnation.com/tuboytulz
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-19
  • my heart is a house nucca, fear don't live here!
    • View Profile
    • www.reverbnation.com/tuboytulz

nah dude the album is onpoint, and brings out the essence of 50cent. Funny the marking of the album being week is coming from the same person who is bragging about 13 SELF Nominations just a thought  ;)

Chuuuuuch
M Turn

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
Like i said, 50 been garbage since after Get rich or Die tryin
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +16/-17
    • View Profile

damn, Explicit is a real hater, if its not P-Unit, its Rattex!!

DaT NiGGa P-DuB

• www.25tolyf.com
  • AG Extremist
  • Grrrrrrrrindin
    • View Profile
i think people just say this is a hard album coz it sounds hard from his lyrics! but really this album is no better than any of those two free LPs he released this year. in fact i will go out on a limb and say war angel is better than this... matter fact the Elephant in the sand mixtape was doper than this!

dat dude who happens to rap!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-12
    • View Profile

damn, Explicit is a real hater, if its not P-Unit, its Rattex!!

hahahahahahah theres a very fine line between hate and expressing my thoughts, I just have a problem when people cant make up there mind about hype magazine, eg. when the odds are in p-units favour d_planet praises hype mag, when the tables turn he's the first to grab arms and shoot it down.

I respect pioneer unit for there work, Never once have I made a statement about there music and content, the only thing I do Quiery all the time is d_planets ability to take critisizm.
Last year when the hype awards was around, he shot down hype for not nominating a single artist of his and that  p-unit appear in like 6 issues, yet this year he is singing the praise of hype magazine cause of the nomination.

now is this really hate?

DaT NiGGa P-DuB

• www.25tolyf.com
  • AG Extremist
  • Grrrrrrrrindin
    • View Profile
 ;D ;D ;D BISD review by Brian Crawford... this dude tells it like it is!

50 Cent, Before I Self Destruct (Interscope, 2009)
Time flies when you're having fun. It's been going on half a decade since the last time I reviewed a 50 Cent album. I sat out Curtis, in '07, and it looks like most people followed my lead. I'm only going in this time for the potential lulz. 50 Cent is one of my favorite people in hip-hop, but his music sucks balls.

THE INVITATION

Fiddy must have thought the problem with Curtis was that he didn't sound angry enough. He growls at the beginning of this, and I'm not sure whether to laugh or to be afraid. I'd definitely laugh, but if I saw him do it in person, I'd wait until I was at a safe distance.

THEN DAY WENT BY

Rhymefest already flipped this Jacko sample on that Man in the Mirror mixtape, except his version was less obvious and wanton. It's a Jackson 5 version of that song "Ain't No Sunshine." The Jackson 5 must have done a lot of covers. On one of those special health care episodes of This American Life, there's a Jackson 5 version of "Doctor, My Eyes" by Jackson Browne.

DEATH TO MY ENEMIES

Wasn't this the name of a 2Pac song? No but really, it's hard for me to take 50 Cent seriously when he's talking about how he's gonna kill everyone. (In this one, it sounds like he talks specifically about killing Kanye.) I preferred it when the basis of his argument was that he had more money than everyone else.

SO DISRESPECTFUL

The dis record I made the mistake of writing about for XXL the other day. Dpn't bother trying to look for that one. The only part of this that's really effective, to me, is the part where he talks about Young Buck, and that's because people with severe drug problems are inherently funny. If you ever get a chance, check out the short lived DVD version of XXL, which features an interview with heroin addict BG. It's hilarious.

PSYCHO

The one with Eminem. This would be nails, if it wasn't for the part with 50 Cent, who kicks this retarded double time flow. I wonder if he was worried people would say Eminem murdered him on his own shit. As if. Eminem is murdering everyone on their own shit this year, and no one seems to give a shit. His audience must have moved on to Nickelback or some shit.

HOLD ME DOWN

Further proof Fiddy has been studying the work of 2Pac. Which can't be a good idea for a rapper. This sounds like it might be a sweet love song, but it turns out it's about his gun.

CRIME WAVE

This one kicks off with a line that hardly qualifies as rap. Something to the effect of, "I'm not saying shoot someone, but if someones needs to be shot, shoot 'em." Perhaps even more embarra**ing is the part where he talks back to the sample during the chorus. It's one of those things you just have to hear, like that growl at the very beginning of the album.

STRETCH

Even more of a clusterf*** than "Crime Wave," from the godawful modern day West Coast rap production, to the way he pronounces the song's title during the chorus. It's like he's purposefully trying to be obnoxious.

STRONG ENOUGH

The way he keeps going on about Buck and Game, it's obvious he misses them. This whole thing could be viewed as a homoerotic lament about the dissolution of G-Unit. Especially the part at the end where you hear a gun cock, and, "Suck on this, nigga!"

GET IT HOT

Really bad budget Timbaland. I thought this album was gonna be nothing of songs with him threatening to shoot people? Is that Jadakiss on the chorus? Did Fiddy give Jadakiss some money to forgive their beef? Or was that contingent, in Jada's deal with Def Jam?

GANGSTA'S DELIGHT

"Rapper's Delight" remade as a song about shooting people. But with that garbage, ominous G-Unit production instead of the great Chic sample.

I GOT SWAG

The best song so far, other than the Eminem parts of "Psycho." It's Fiddy back bragging about how much money he has. I'd suggest this may have been left over from Curtis, but this somehow manages to be even more ignorant than "I Get Money," the song that spawned the saying, "Have a baby by me, baby. Be a millionaire."

BABY BY ME

Speaking of which, this Polow Da Don-produced single isn't half that bad. When I heard it on Sirius a few weeks ago, I thought, "Oh shit, that new Fiddy album might not be half that bad." Then come to find out this could hardly be any less representative of Before I Self Destruct, both in terms of quality and content.

DO YOU THINK ABOUT ME

A suspiciously well thought out dis song about his baby's mother, in which he celebrates the fact that he somehow managed to have his child support reduced to like a 10th of what Nas pays, despite the fact that he probably makes 10x more than Nas. If only he could rap as well as he can sic his lawyer on people.

OK, YOU'RE RIGHT

The title calls to mind that "new" Nirvana song, from when I was in college. This is off topic, but I've been enjoying the Nirvana-based programming on Fuse this week, I guess to coincide with the re-release of Bleach. Which is now 20 years old. Jesus H. Tapdancing Christ.

COULD'VE BEEN YOU

Is this another song about his baby's mother? And look, it's Arruh! As crazy as the two of them are, this should be way more amusing than it is.

COMMENTS: I should get some sort of medal for listening to this album in its entirety. It's almost funny, for how angry Fiddy sounds for the first half of it, but it isn't. The second half, with all of the cynical attempts at a hit single, is easier to listen to, if not worthwhile in its own right. Was Curtis this bad? No wonder it did so poorly.

BEST TRACKS: "Psycho" "I Got Swag" "Baby By Me"

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile

Agreed - I gave this album a chance man. I only dig about 4 joints. 2 in fact coz I can tolerate the other two.  I heard someone here say it's one of his best. This is so far off Power of the Dollar. 50 lost, no wonder he wont sell as much. I bumped power of the dollar after listening to that weak album.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I like the way Brol goes in on it.

I have never even bothere d to download a Fifty album after GRODT.

I was also very disappointed in the latest Hype mixtape. Only three nice tracks off there and one isn't even local. Do people still listen to music like that We don't f*** around track?

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
I actually like 50 Cent. He's made some hot mixtape bangers, but this album is garbage. That Get Up joint was hot - I thought that was 50 bringing back the GRDT shit. This album proves 50 is lost. He should get back to his proper street shit and stop trying to sell units.

Find me one credible critic who rates the new album.

And yes, Explicit you are a hater. What has this thread got to do with PU or Hype magazine? And didn't Driemanskap win a Hype award last year?

Msanii_XL

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
  • Africa Dreaming....
    • View Profile
    • http://beneathdasurface.com/

i did... this album is f***ing solid... hate is inevitable ::)

So its not cla**ic then? good

explicit been mad salty about P unit since forever...

Dplanet: I don't like the new burger king meal

Explicit: bu, bu but when hype...does not give p unit pub you whine about it

Dplanet:  ??? ???
BNTS
Listening to
Curren$Y- The Jet files...
Meyer Hawthorne-Strange arrangement
Washed outLife of leisure