• www.ethankaed.com
    • View Profile
    • this is hiphop

Just Dee

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/landmynz
let me try and explain it more easier then.

snare, - if you listen to a lot of songs,there's usually 3 different drum sounds used.

the kick is the part of the drums that goes "BOOM"
the snare goes like "TAH"
the hi-hat goes like "ts-ts"

normally the sequencing would be like
BOOM BOOM - TAH - BOOM BOOM TAH
and the hi-hats in the back would go like
"ts-ts-ts-ts"

hope u get that.listen to any song and u should be able to identify those drum sounds.

Sampling - taking a previously recorded piece of music and using it in your composition to make your own song.

Chopping - is taking a piece of audio, any length, and playing around with it. say there's a song u like, the song is like 3 minutes long. u identify this part that is like 10 seconds maybe that u are really feeling and want to use in your song. what u do then is cut that part out of the song and just end up with the 10 seconds from the 3minute song. some people then would probably take that 10second piece of music and repeat it over and over again, just add their own instruments in the back. this is called looping. others would take that 10 seconds part, and cut it down into pieces of like 1 seconds and 2 seconds and then re-arrange the parts, to form a whole new composition that is different to the original 10 seconds loop. this is called chopping.

plug in - is a piece of additional software that you put into like FruityLoops that would normally give some sort of effect to your sound. like for example say u have a snare sound, but u want the snare to sound like it has an echo of sorts, u would apply an effect called reverb or delay which comes as a plug-in.

akai - is a company name.
mpc - is a drum machine.it's hardware, like a computer,but used to compose music, kinda like a piano in a way.

hope that helps man.

now that's 101

straight from The School Of Federated Beat Making as presented by Prof. Carly The Great aka Mr Two Teams aka Wawa's Daddy  ;D ;D

K'niep Tang

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-4
  • Wadata!
    • View Profile

let me try and explain it more easier then.

snare, - if you listen to a lot of songs,there's usually 3 different drum sounds used.

the kick is the part of the drums that goes "BOOM"
the snare goes like "TAH"
the hi-hat goes like "ts-ts"

LMAO at this ;D ;D ;D
I'm like a bunch of dynamite sticks - i'm bound to blow
www.myspace.com/tang1632
http://r-senic.blogspot.com

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• http://www.soundclick.com/J-oNERSA
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +17/-30
  • I got the coolest shower door in S.A
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
^^^^  ;D ;D ;D
had to break it down into basic science for the kid.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon