Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

World Aids Day:Question you afriad to ask or to be asked about HIV?

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
That doctor is retarded.

I hope he gets raped by an HIV+ woman and gets aids.

panga_priest

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-2
    • View Profile
http://aids.about.com/od/hivaidsstats/f/infectionrisk.htm

i understant why it is not widely advertised that the risk of contracting hiv after one episode of unprotected sex are so low, people would use that as an excuse to have unprotected sex. from what i read the risk are higher if the male partner is hiv positive than when the female has it

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
The risk is related to tearing of the vaginal and penile tissue due to friction. A person could also already have a small tear or cut and then you get it, even if you just stick it in or only have sex once.

This is why it is stupid for a doctor to even pretend that that statistic is even remotely relevent. Its like saying you cant get it from having sex for the first time.

Stupid...

Papa ThReAdS

• Are you a bish?? Then you can love me.
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +24/-31
  • The beautiful man...The beautiful Legend...
    • View Profile
http://aids.about.com/od/hivaidsstats/f/infectionrisk.htm

i understant why it is not widely advertised that the risk of contracting hiv after one episode of unprotected sex are so low, people would use that as an excuse to have unprotected sex. from what i read the risk are higher if the male partner is hiv positive than when the female has it

Good. Then go and have unprotected sex with someone who is positive. And BE that so called 0.8% casualty. Its ridiculous how people can read ANYTHING on the internet and believe it as gospel truth.

"Just because its on the internets, it has to be true"

GTFO
Beating bitches since 1982.

blaqsouljah

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-0
    • View Profile
It is scary how little people know about AIDS and HIV. We ask for stats to make us feel better and prove some sort of point - here's something worth pondering. South Africa had, up until a few months ago the largest HIV + population in the world with approximately 5 million people living with HIV. Nigeria has recently taken that title - this due mainly to the number of people in Nigeria (estimated at 4 - 5 times South Africa's population). India will soon be the world leader because there 1.6 billion people in India.

HIV is a social pandemic which requires addressing through behaviour change. Uganda led the world in the 80's with it's outward stance on HIV. The government refused to deny the pandemic and just by doing that managed to have a decreasing incident rate as opposed to the increasing rates the world over.

Condoms work - it is the people using them who fail. Male circumcision is a complementary intervention in attempts to curb the spread - it decreases the risk of infection by a certain amount, but is not a cure.
My parents said i could be whatever i wanted, so i chose to become an a**hole

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +18/-23
    • View Profile
    • blog
Where can you buy those instant test kits?

id also like to know, and how much they cost. coz just watching the faces of nurses already judging u while doing the HIV test is enough to put people off, it actually has. so if u can do the test at home, more convinient too.
"your real calibre is measured by your consideration and tolerance of others"

Papa ThReAdS

• Are you a bish?? Then you can love me.
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +24/-31
  • The beautiful man...The beautiful Legend...
    • View Profile

id also like to know, and how much they cost. coz just watching the faces of nurses already judging u while doing the HIV test is enough to put people off, it actually has. so if u can do the test at home, more convinient too.

Not the greatest idea. Then we will have no idea of the actual infection statistics. Nobody will do a home test and go and report their findings to a Doctor. A lot of people will just carry on with their lives like they arent even sick.

It is now a legal requirement for a patient to undergo preconsultaion before the test, to make them aware of what they are dealing with, and post consultation on what the way forward is once you are found positive.

So in short, unless you find these home tests on the black market, they will never become available commercially.
Beating bitches since 1982.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Yeah, and then you can just prick a chickadee's finger before putting down the poundage and give her a quick test. Then you send her home if she's positive and save yourself a late night shower.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Not the greatest idea. Then we will have no idea of the actual infection statistics. Nobody will do a home test and go and report their findings to a Doctor. A lot of people will just carry on with their lives like they arent even sick.

It is now a legal requirement for a patient to undergo preconsultaion before the test, to make them aware of what they are dealing with, and post consultation on what the way forward is once you are found positive.

So in short, unless you find these home tests on the black market, they will never become available commercially.

I don't care about the stats. All I care about is testing a chick before I pound. I can counsel her before and after I test her, right before I call her a cab.

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile

Vaginal fluids carrying HIV can enter through the urethra and sensitive parts like the GLANS.

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
who here has had unprotected sex at any given point in their lives?

my guess is that it's anything from 75% to 95% of sexually active members.

what reasons can you guys think of as to why this happens?

how many of the so many underage parents who have "grant babies" get infected?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 12:06:26 PM by the real panic! »

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +18/-23
    • View Profile
    • blog

hmm makes sense, guess ill have to open a clinic with sensetive nurses then. Where is New jack and his NGO for blood, maybe they can do HIV testing too :)
"your real calibre is measured by your consideration and tolerance of others"

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
so someone smacked me instead of answering whether or not they've ever had unprotected sex.

wow.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I have, but only iun long term relationships and after my partners and I had been tested.

I won't ever have an unprotected one night stand or short term fling. that is crazy stupid.

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
agreed.

i also have. under the same circumstances.

is it enough to just take rapid tests or do you have to get an ELISA test to be sure?