• View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa

ProVerb

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +13/-22
  • Write of Pa**age Out May 18th!!!
    • View Profile
    • ProVerb Music
Everyone know your capabilities as an MC u good and now we tired of your preaching and dull style of rapping thats why I think you should
do an album with funky tracks that High school and varsity kids can dance to, contact Dj Tira or Cleo to help you with that promote sex and drugs get that paper

Ahh good ol africasgateway, I missed ya'll.

Shame. Some things never change.
Write of Pa**age out Now!!!

MOFF G

• MOFF G
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +3/-9
  • MOFF G: THE GENIUS
    • View Profile
    • MOFFG
Everyone know your capabilities as an MC u good and now we tired of your preaching and dull style of rapping thats why I think you should
do an album with funky tracks that High school and varsity kids can dance to, contact Dj Tira or Cleo to help you with that promote sex and drugs get that paper

say what?!
the greatest rides u'd ever experince is upon the DEATH STAR....

TY-D-CPT-021-NKE

• Go tell your mother cause i dont give a f**
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-47
  • "Dont kyk me by the gevriet aka dont judge snitch!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thesamark.co.za/WC-NKE.aspx
rama drama's 2010 goal...to make his name known....by acting the fool and saying outrageous shit.....anyway...man i wana know..cats be on the box doing them thang...but with the tracks playing in the back...it aint dope...i stress that...it aint dope...takes away from your raw talent and ability to show the peeps that you can do what you do without the help of "you" in the back...proverb if im not mistaken...you may not know me...ok you dont...but i seen you on the "third eye" and you was doing yo thang with backtrax...and i thought to myself..."but the nicca is dope why the help?"...is that cause of the label or just you?
people be juding me by the way that i walk even when i talk they say i got swagger like i be from new york..#print that bitches!

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
rama drama's 2010 goal...to make his name known....by acting the fool and saying outrageous shit.....anyway...man i wana know..cats be on the box doing them thang...but with the tracks playing in the back...it aint dope...i stress that...it aint dope...takes away from your raw talent and ability to show the peeps that you can do what you do without the help of "you" in the back...proverb if im not mistaken...you may not know me...ok you dont...but i seen you on the "third eye" and you was doing yo thang with backtrax...and i thought to myself..."but the nicca is dope why the help?"...is that cause of the label or just you?

The allegations made here are seriosu indeed. Verb, do you wish to defend yourself?

I once heard someone say a rapper who uses backtracks may not use the term emcee to describe himself, since he is then no better than a Britney or Miley. How do you move the crowd with bactracks Pro? We must know?

Not trying to incite anything. Just asking?

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +19/-16
    • View Profile

The allegations made here are seriosu indeed. Verb, do you wish to defend yourself?

I once heard someone say a rapper who uses backtracks may not use the term emcee to describe himself, since he is then no better than a Britney or Miley. How do you move the crowd with bactracks Pro? We must know?

Not trying to incite anything. Just asking?

lol! my understanding of backtrax must be different. they are meant to enhance the onstage performance if u aren't performing with a hype man! they are meant to supplement you i.e the adlibs and backing vocals u would have had with a hype man or band with backing vocalists
"How can I stay anonymous, when it's my job to be famous?"

ProVerb

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
    • ProVerb Music
For Live shows I always use Backing tracks with backing vocals and hooks to thicken it up!
If you're reffering to the "Live" performance (Which I think you are)
They're not set up for a Live mic performnace it so to avoid it sounding bad on tv it's safer to mime (which i'm not a fan of)
You have the option of them opening the mic but based on previous performances on live and watching others perform
it sounds terrible so on Live & Jam Alley and those kinda shows I let the original song play and on stage and for tv shows that provide
adequate sound and time for sound checking we go live (always)

ProVerb

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
    • ProVerb Music
ProVerb - Off Da Books Mixtape nominated at the Hype Awards

Download for free and see voting details on www.proverbmusic.com

« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 03:44:49 AM by ProVerb »

TY-D-CPT-021-NKE

• Go tell your mother cause i dont give a f**
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-47
  • "Dont kyk me by the gevriet aka dont judge snitch!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thesamark.co.za/WC-NKE.aspx
For Live shows I always use Backing tracks with backing vocals and hooks to thicken it up!
If you're reffering to the "Live" performance (Which I think you are)
They're not set up for a Live mic performnace it so to avoid it sounding bad on tv it's safer to mime (which i'm not a fan of)
You have the option of them opening the mic but based on previous performances on live and watching others perform
it sounds terrible so on Live & Jam Alley and those kinda shows I let the original song play and on stage and for tv shows that provide
adequate sound and time for sound checking we go live (always)

ait thats a hood enuff explanation from you verb...i needed to here that cause peeps be hatin on that fact...that its not the artist doing their thang(technically)....and i believe its  circumstances that leads to those things happening...that being is sounds shitty on tv etc...thanks mayne
people be juding me by the way that i walk even when i talk they say i got swagger like i be from new york..#print that bitches!

ProVerb

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
    • ProVerb Music
ProVerb “Break” music video. Taken off the cla**ic “Write of Pa**age”  Shot by DJ Jobione using the Canon 5D MK II.  This was an experiment to see if we could shoot a video with no crew and just available lighting.  We were sitting in the studio playing some tracks when we decided to go for it and shoot the video right then and there.  We shot for about an hour or so, handheld (this was spur of the moment).  We used the 50 mm f1.4 lens, & the video is ungraded (we ended up liking the raw look from the canon)…. watch and then holla back with your thoughts.

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
I really like it. For a video shot in the manner you described, it's got a nice, soft feel to it that works with the track. Shoulda had a shot of a lady mouthing 'Break' though! Definitely the best track off WOP.

Of course, you're right about that no budget thing. Check this one out:

20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

ProVerb

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
    • ProVerb Music