• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
NEXT!!
Rob One.. I see you there.
I think it's time to decide who IS the one eh. ;D

Edit: Oh YE! There's still another round, sorry bout that Oints. cool, I'll be flipping the other one tonight.

J-One or Pat Bricks - come on, make up your mind/
You can keep the name when I drop Rob 1.5/

;D
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• http://www.soundclick.com/J-oNERSA
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +17/-30
  • I got the coolest shower door in S.A
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa
NEXT!!

Edit: Oh YE! There's still another round, sorry bout that Oints. cool, I'll be flipping the other one tonight.

lol, nah, i dont think ima be able to tread that far into the match up ma dude...would love to take you up on the challenge when i have more time at my disposal....felt good to make a beat on the clock again...  ;D..PEACE!

ima download your beat now and give you FEED;)
Kwl No prob ma nigga. But keep the sample anyway. Just as a lil consolation.
The beat was simple but solid (yours), the usual I expect from San. The chops were dope, nice.. Although I don't appreciate you using one of the many parts I used too >:( haha j/k.

Drums didn't excite me though, as you know I'm a drum junkie ;D. The ba**line coulda been a bit more... There, Idk if you get what I mean but it wasn't quite out there. Did you filter from the sample?

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa
NEXT!!

J-One or Pat Bricks - come on, make up your mind/
You can keep the name when I drop Rob 1.5/

;D

lol. Chicken

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
@ J-One listened to your beat fam...quite a lengthy one, @ 3:54 minutes its really a song  :P...anyhow, i liked it ma dude, had the right feel for the name, represented it well...i see a DWELE kind of vibe on it...the drums at times come off as a tad too filtered and suffocated by the evolving synths...this drowns the ba** as well...in my opinion what is really the only thing short here is the MIXING, the instruments should be brought out more, cos the arrangement & chops are perfectly done...just cant hear them well enough...!

good work on it fam, has a lot of musicality and transition...like i said, its a SONG... (in a good way)  ;)

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
NEXT!!

lol, nah, i dont think ima be able to tread that far into the match up ma dude...would love to take you up on the challenge when i have more time at my disposal....felt good to make a beat on the clock again...  ;D..PEACE!

ima download your beat now and give you FEED;)
Kwl No prob ma nigga. But keep the sample anyway. Just as a lil consolation.
The beat was simple but solid (yours), the usual I expect from San. The chops were dope, nice.. Although I don't appreciate you using one of the many parts I used too >:( haha j/k.

Drums didn't excite me though, as you know I'm a drum junkie ;D. The ba**line coulda been a bit more... There, Idk if you get what I mean but it wasn't quite out there. Did you filter from the sample?

chopped the ba** from the sample its'self, it originally extends for four bars. in the beat i looped the first two bars of it for like 4 bars before letting it extend to fill whats left of the 8 bar loop thats pretty much the entire beat...! i like the way it sounds, although as per your advice i can try to clean it a bit more...preferably use a THE THOR device to compliment it...!

thanks of the FEED ma dude, and yeah, ima KEEP the SAMPLES (as a BONUS)  :P @ "consolation" 

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa
@ J-One listened to your beat fam...quite a lengthy one, @ 3:54 minutes its really a song  :P...anyhow, i liked it ma dude, had the right feel for the name, represented it well...i see a DWELE kind of vibe on it...the drums at times come off as a tad too filtered and suffocated by the evolving synths...this drowns the ba** as well...in my opinion what is really the only thing short here is the MIXING, the instruments should be brought out more, cos the arrangement & chops are perfectly done...just cant hear them well enough...!

good work on it fam, has a lot of musicality and transition...like i said, its a SONG... (in a good way)  ;)
Mixing's for losers.
lol

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile

Mixing's for losers.
lol

ofcos, so is mastering, and quantizing. i suppose one can very well put professionalism in its entirety in there as well  :)

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa

Mixing's for losers.
lol

ofcos, so is mastering, and quantizing. i suppose one can very well put professionalism in its entirety in there as well  :)
No one quantizes anymore Oints. I thought you'd know this!

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile

Mixing's for losers.
lol

are you sure ???, how then can you record to "an exact beat" ...are you telling me you are using a DAW that receives input from a midi with superior precision?

i still QUANTIZE fam!

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa

Mixing's for losers.
lol

are you sure ???, how then can you record to "an exact beat" ...are you telling me you are using a DAW that receives input from a midi with superior precision?

i still QUANTIZE fam!

Nope. Just no quantize just to give it that "humany" feeling. lol Nah I Don't always do it though.

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
REASON 4 has the NEW REGROOVE capability, that kinda gives you all the benefits of quantizing and even a nice swing to the beat...i havent been able to make a beat since i touched REASON 4 without using this function, the QUANTIZE & REGROOVE feature make the beat sound much more LIVER than say, just a layering of samples...

thats why in a beat battle, with limited time to cook i feel confident enough to walk into the challenge with an 8 bar loop...with the proper REGROOVE combination, you can have it sounding nice with as much variation as you would like as the loops are extended!

Myth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-16
    • View Profile
Lol mixing is for losers?
Good mixing is what separates young'ns from the big boys!!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 09:03:03 AM by Myth »
its possible to take the art of making music seriously without taking yourself seriously

www.myspace.com/mythbeats101

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa

TY-D-CPT-021-NKE

• Go tell your mother cause i dont give a f**
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-47
  • "Dont kyk me by the gevriet aka dont judge snitch!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thesamark.co.za/WC-NKE.aspx
patbricks...if that is you in the pic..you got that "B E P"
dude feature..whats his face again?..will i am yeah...ya bra you look alot like him
you wear skinny jeans too?...just kidding...no i aint..you do look like him...
people be juding me by the way that i walk even when i talk they say i got swagger like i be from new york..#print that bitches!

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa
Do you not see how ugly this maf***a is

And stop derailing the thread damnit.

Anyone else up for a battle?? Or why not a cypher. I know no one's doing anything between now and the 31st.