Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

NEWS ON NEW album DROPS!......(2010)........what do u got?

oints · 48 · 56275

krimzin

• Bruin Storm
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-4
  • "God grant me wings, Im too fly not to fly"
    • View Profile
    • krimzins crypt

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
here is what id like to call a SNEAK PREVIEW into what NASIER JONES and DAMIAN MARLEY are promising to UNLEASH on us come MAY:

HAPPY EASTER youl  ;)

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
METHOD MAN, GHOST FACE KILLA & REAKWON the CHEF at long last released their FIRST STUDIO album as a CREW...WU Ma**ACRE, if the cover art and the snippets ive heard are anything to go by, its a GEM....

as soon as i get my hands on this, il be sure to give youl a shout  ;)

here is a review i liked, turns out RUBEN SOLARES a blogger i follow wasnt impressed, all the same, im still checking for it  8):

"Don't call it a comeback: the Wu never really went away. Regardless of demand, members of the legendary rap outfit have been consitently releasing music since their cla**ic debut in 1993. Ever since last year, when Raekwon released the much celebrated follow up to his cla**ic Only Built for Cuban Linx (the cleverly titled Only Built for Cuban Linx II) it signaled a sort of rebirth for the group, and subsequent releases by individual Wu-tang members would seem to suggest that we are in the midst of some sort of a 'Wu renaissance'. Makes sense then that the three 'lead' members of the group, Raekwon, Ghostface, and Method Man are striking while the iron is hot by repackaging themselves as a super-group called Wu Ma**acre.

With Meth, Ghostface, and Raekwon doing an album together, expectations are understandably high. Wu ma**acre unfotunatley falls a bit short, mainly due to some of the production. The album seems rushed, and even with it's short length, plauged with filler. The other issue is that it seems obvious that the wu knows the formula for success and sticks to it so arduosly here. One of the many instances of them going back to well is the album opener "Criminology pt. 2.5" in which the sample a different break from the same Black Ivory song as the original. It's a strong opener but nothing amazing. "Our Dreams" which features Alicia Keys along with its echoing guitar wahs and wind chimes just sounds hollow and sentimental. It slyly recalls Ghost's cla**ic "All that I got is You" and seems to exist just so they can check "Jackson 5" off their list of tropes to trot out once more.

Wu ma**acre even includes a couple skits that it could have done without. "Ya mom's' in which Method Man and Raekwon play the dozens, follows Meth vs. Chef pat 2 (yet another sequel). Tracy Morgan, (or is it Chico Divine?) implores to a woman to start turning tricks for money on "How to Pay Rent." It might be worth a few listens if the skit were actually funny"...

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
IM BACK ON MY BULLSHIT......and while im back shitting on the wackness thats spreading like the plague, let me bless youl with some INTEL!!!!!

well seems like we got some nice albums to look forward to after NAS & DAMIAN damn near cleaned up...oops, did i say that out loud....i guess i did...

first up is SUPER PRODUCER MARCO POLO....first to really make his presence felt on his album PORT AUTHORITY, hes been a formidable force in hiphop production circles ever since, working with such acts as TORAE, BUCK SHOT, RUSTE JUXX, DIAMOND DISTRICT and a buncha ova people...word is hes workin on droppin a solo on that a**...he calls it "the stupendous adventures of marco polo"...

i dig the cover, im listening to the OFFICIAL LEAK and its not extra-ordinary, but GRAND DADDY I.U commands attention with those raps...

aight heres the OFFICIAL COVER art and LEAK:

the album DROPS JUNE 29th.....and you KNOW ima have it well before then  8)

MARCO POLO ft GRAND DADDY I.U: the veteran

http://www.divshare.com/download/launch/11548091-68b

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
Second Up is the big homey JOHN ROBINSON, heard he made his rounds in S.A recently...PLUSH...anyhow, hes workin on droppin sumin on that a** with LEWIS PARKER...its gurateed to be THAT isht. they call it INTERNATIONAL SUMMERS and its set to feature artists such as StaHHr, Cymarshall Law, 4RCE, Renee Neufville, Angelz INC., East Koast, Tah Born, I.D. 4 Windz & Dynas

this one drops on JULY 2nd, and as always, ima have it in hand for youl...

by the way, i REALLY REALLY DIG where niccas are going with thier COVER ARTS nowadays, no halfSTEPPIN on that front this year...thats REAL!

aight, here is the OFFICIAL COVER ART and SNIPPET from "international summers"

Snippet:

http://www.divshare.com/download/launch/11553104-dd5

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
Third Up is a project ive had in my cross hairs since the homey LITTLE VIC told me he was bout to drop it...its his sophomore project, he calls it SUICIDE MISSION. now for those that only graze the surface when it comes to HipHop music and dont dive deep into its inner folds, u might be wondering who LITTLE VIC is...well, go ask DJ PREMIER, MARCO POLO, BUCKWILD, DJ JOHNJOHN, AYATOLLAH, DUB MD, KOOL G RAP and all the other dope acts hes worked with....

his first album he called EACH DAWN I DIE, do your google thing and scoop that up, its a GEM...

anyhow, back to SUICIDE MISSION, the album drops very very SOON and info on that you can get on VIC's BLOG here: http://littlevic.wordpress.com/

in the meantime, while we wait on the album to DROP, i got the OFFICIAL COVER ART and first LEAK for youl

Little Vic – “NON FICTION” (prod. Velotz) FIRST LEAK FROM SUICIDE MISSION !!!!!

https://www.yousendit.com/download/dXFXb2VFNXZwTVUwTVE9PQ

Ramorethetho

• Weed is green paper is brown coke is white you are a bitch so as your wife
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-18
  • Linux and Novell f***ed and gave birth to SuSe
    • View Profile
GO DIG, theres a lot of MUSIC out THERE  8)
Do you have any info on Detox?
Feeling satisfaction from the street croud reaction

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
GO DIG, theres a lot of MUSIC out THERE  8)
Do you have any info on Detox?

nah fam, im still hearing DEAD AIR on the transmitor when it comes to anything concrete on  that one...il keep u in the know fa sho  ;)

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
PEACE!

various things have seen me less active on this portal, on this particular thread especially...for that, i apologize...moreso perhaps cos time is going to see me spend less time updating the thread as much as i would hvae liked..be that as it may, 2010 has been a very good year for HIPHOP MUSIC...its almost over & we look towards teh new year with great anticiaption of the HEAT therein....aight, let me get back on my job & give you some INTEL:

THE HIGHLY ANTICIPATED DOCUMENTARY on LEGENDARY HipHop Group A Tribe Called Quest as told my MICHEAL RAPPAPORT (yes, the white guy from "the war at home", hes quiet the HEAD) is COMING early 2011...FEAST your EYES on the PROMO trailer:

;)  8)

see you in the NEW YEAR....by the way, since this is my last post of the year...its only right that i tell the HEADS, those interested, what albums really made my year...

in ORDER of DOPENESS:

1. DJ MUGGS & BAMBU - Los Angeles - Phillippines
2. CELPH TITLED & BUCK WILD - 1990NOW
3. MOKA ONLY - Airport four
4. NOTTZ - you need this music
5. NAS & DAMIAN - Distant relatives
6. Q-UNIQUE - Between heaven & hell
7. GANGRENE - Gutter Water
8. HEZEKIAH- Concious pron
9. BOOG BROWN - Brown study

and lastly [sumin NOT hiphop] 10. ANDREYA TRIANA & BONOBO - Lost where i belong.....!

stay SAFE  ;)

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
1. DJ MUGGS & BAMBU - Los Angeles - Phillippines

is this a mixtape?

pardon the late reply....in case you hadnt recieved any information since asking the question...the answer is really YES & NO...

to be more precise, one would have to understand what DJ MUGGS & SOUL a**a**INS represent in LA and what BAMBU as an emcee represents in the community therein. to clarify, BAMBU dropped his album "PAPER CUTS" in 2010 (this was supposed to be his FINAL album before hanging up the mic)...not too long after that, the album, produced by his DJ, DJ PHATRICK landed in MUGGS' lap and he (MUGGS) dug it deep. they then linked up and worked on what would be BAM's crowning acheivement before retirement, to WORK WITH MUGGS ofcourse, but not just work with him but get to adorne beats made famous by super emcees.

so the album is really a mixtape since it uses beats we all know (safe for one, specifically banged out for BAM) but it is an album in the sence that it doesnt preceed anything, it fittingly marks the end of a talented spitter's career.

however i must add that since speaking to BAM, he has indicated that he will be back on the MIC DEVICE after two years of hiatus to drop another album, something he will call "TWO RIFLES PER FAMILY"

hope i was able to answer your question  ;)

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile

krimzin

• Bruin Storm
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-4
  • "God grant me wings, Im too fly not to fly"
    • View Profile
    • krimzins crypt
Heres one i cant wait for...1 Feb 2011...

Strong Arm Steady - Arms & Hammers